Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

ruh-roh.

Rich Chere
@Ledger_NJDevils

Lamoriello has spoken to the junior team's GM and said: "We have a situation. You never like to hear something like this."

Edited by sundstrom, 22 April 2013 - 12:53 PM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#42 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

ruh-roh.

Rich Chere
‏@Ledger_NJDevils

Lamoriello has spoken to the junior team's GM and said: "We have a situation. You never like to hear something like this."

Trade trade trade!

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#43 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Trade trade trade!

his value is nothing more than a throw in to a larger deal.

if i'm lou, i get him in NJ tomorrow (assuming that him playing the last 3 games don't do anything towards his UFA date). if he doesn't play, i still want him around professionals, practicing and for Lou to speak with him.

this is a no brainer to me

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

And the hits just keep on coming! Lol, this season...
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

I don't think this really that big of a deal. He's young. I'm pretty sure the actions of an 18 year old do not define their whole career.

Stevens had a pretty bad attitude as a younger guy, for example.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 22 April 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#46 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

his value is nothing more than a throw in to a larger deal.

if i'm lou, i get him in NJ tomorrow (assuming that him playing the last 3 games don't do anything towards his UFA date). if he doesn't play, i still want him around professionals, practicing and for Lou to speak with him.

this is a no brainer to me

he wouldnt be able to play until his Q team is eliminated though

www.SterioDesign.com

#47 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

A hockey team is not an inanimate iphone.

I find it difficult to believe that Devils84 enjoys the product output of these specific hockey players put together and guided by the specific hockey philosophy espoused by Lou Lamoriello.

His posts have, in fact, lead me to believe quite the opposite. Perhaps this is a geographic loyalty he's clinging to? Perhaps it is a love based on something as mundane as uniforms.

In any event. It is clearly not Devils hockey he is enamored of - thus I would prefer that he, though I cannot make him, follow a team who's product he does enjoy. Or start posting in a manner more congruous to that of a true Devils fan - a fan of "Devils hockey."

(above to be read in Spock's voice please -- I'm very into Star trek and my daughter is in love with Spock and makes me talk like him all the time now.. I'm afraid it's beginning to stick.)

Every time I reply to one of your dumb posts I have a feeling I will get a response like this and I was right again. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
Go ahead and make all the assumptions you like about why I like the devils. I will make the assumption that you are a sad, sad woman who has nothing better to do all day than to write half page long ramblings on a nj devils message board and obsess over Stevens that is neither funny or clever.

I've said my peace and do not want reply to any of your posts again until I forget and do respond during a very brief moment of insanity.

#48 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

ruh-roh.

Rich Chere
@Ledger_NJDevils

:giggle: (use Scooby snicker here)

Nice timing via written word sunds.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 22 April 2013 - 01:22 PM.

I'm here for the party

#49 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Every time I reply to one of your dumb posts I have a feeling I will get a response like this and I was right again. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
Go ahead and make all the assumptions you like about why I like the devils. I will make the assumption that you are a sad, sad woman who has nothing better to do all day than to write half page long ramblings on a nj devils message board and obsess over Stevens that is neither funny or clever.

I've said my peace and do not want reply to any of your posts again until I forget and do respond during a very brief moment of insanity.

Haha!   No matter how superior you try to sound it's obvious: You have no answer!

Langue31.gif You admit defeat!  You're wrong, You're wrong Langue31.gif

giggle.gif

Oh and I wasn't responding to you  in your quoted post  - wrong again!  Not your day, li'l fella.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 22 April 2013 - 01:22 PM.

I'm here for the party

#50 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

I don't think this really that big of a deal. He's young. I'm pretty sure the actions of an 18 year old do not define their whole career.

Stevens had a pretty bad attitude as a younger guy, for example.

18-year-olds tend to be adults in age and for legal reasons only.  Young people sometimes don't get it and screw up because of it.  Doesn't mean that they can't learn, grow, and mature from their mistakes, or that they won't ever grow up. 

I'm guessing Lou will give him a stern father-to-son like talking to, and hopefully that helps.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#51 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

ruh-roh.

Rich Chere
@Ledger_NJDevils

What Matteau did was either really bad or he's not a good enough player for Lou to look the other way.  With Merrill you had two separate incidents, one before the draft and one at Michigan.  Each time, Lou said something to the effect that he was aware of the issue, but that it didn't effect what the Devils thought of him.  The tone is a lot different here. 

I pray that the Devils are either a good team next year or that they somehow have a plan to successfully challenge the penalty.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#52 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Haha!   No matter how superior you try to sound it's obvious: You have no answer!

Langue31.gif You admit defeat!  You're wrong, You're wrong Langue31.gif

giggle.gif

Oh and I wasn't responding to you  in your quoted post  - wrong again!  Not your day, li'l fella.

Now you are making me break my promise after only 10 minutes. You really do have a gift.

You were not responding directly to me, but you were talking about me and made it quite clear.  You questioned my fandom about the Devils and quite frankly I do not take that too kindly.

Second, yes you win as I really do not have an answer.  My gf is a clinical mental heath counselor and she works at a mental hospital.  She tells me all the time that with her sickest patients, you cannot really talk to them as they are just stuck in their own world.  I have the same feelings about you that she does with her patients. No one can ever win against you as you cannot talk or reason with crazy.  This is why every time I respond to any of your posts I have a sinking feeling in my stomach as I know what I will be receiving is not a reasonable or rational response by any means.  Hence why I say that I must be a glutton for punishment.

#53 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

he wouldnt be able to play until his Q team is eliminated though

after being released, i think he could but lou just said that he's not coming to NJ so scratch that.

like always, who am i to question lou.

20082719943.png
-

#54 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

What Matteau did was either really bad or he's not a good enough player for Lou to look the other way.  With Merrill you had two separate incidents, one before the draft and one at Michigan.  Each time, Lou said something to the effect that he was aware of the issue, but that it didn't effect what the Devils thought of him.  The tone is a lot different here. 

I pray that the Devils are either a good team next year or that they somehow have a plan to successfully challenge the penalty.

I think this is because Matteau's incident is clearly hockey-related, whereas Merrill's Michigan incident was off the ice and being handled with due process by the powers that be (at the time).

#55 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Sounds like an immature kid got a taste of the NHL and doesn't want to "waste time" playing in the QMJHL as a result.   He's just being a brat it sounds like, trading him would be rather premature.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#56 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Forfeiting that pick was more obvious than obvious. Shocking they didn't.

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#57 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

ruh-roh.

Rich Chere
@Ledger_NJDevils

You know the problem is serious when Lou says we have a situation..

And DevsMan84.. probably best to use the ignore feature. might save you some sanity!

Edited by newjerseydamo, 22 April 2013 - 05:29 PM.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#58 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

I think there is a big deal being made out of a fairly small incident....

Seems Matteau mouthed off and threw a tantrum, and the team released him.....simple as that.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#59 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Seems Matteau mouthed off and threw a tantrum, and the team released him.....simple as that.

And I am guessing that his Dad being a coach made everything that much more emotional. Not a big deal in my opinion. He needs a sit down with Lou just to talk about what he has ahead of him.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 April 2013 - 06:01 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#60 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Sounds like our coach and players at MSG on Sunday !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users