21 replies to this topic

#21 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Personally, I have just an awful impression in my mind of Sullivan from those SHG's in the Boston game that were either directly or indirectly his fault.

It was definitely a low-risk, low-reward type deal, and nothing came of it. He might almost be considered a negative, but the whole team was a negative at that point so it doesn't really matter.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#22 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't agree 100% with everything in the OP, but I much prefer this to the doom and gloom threads by a great margin. There are a few question marks about next year, such as whether Elias and Clarkson are re-signed, what happens with the back-up goalie position, etc., but I feel confident that Pete DeBoer and Lou will have us in the mix again and fighting for a playoff spot. I think we all have to start to accept that the playoffs will not be a guaranteed thing anymore. Red Wings fans might be learning that same lesson shortly. There just aren't powerhouse, playoffs-guaranteed-every-year teams like there used to be. A lot of the league's "elite" teams are clubs that were terrible 5 years ago and reaped the benefits of their high draft picks. The Devils used to be one of the special teams that always made it, but now that concept is fading away, and we will be in the middle of the struggle just like everyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users