#301 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

http://deadspin.com/...est-t-510645400

HAHA I was JUST going to come post this. Hilarious.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#302 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

hahaha Poor kid... ^^^^

#303 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

I have to admit when I first read the title of this thread I rolled my eyes....boy was I wrong! I really hope he wins now!

#304 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

I have to admit when I first read the title of this thread I rolled my eyes....boy was I wrong! I really hope he wins now!

I still find it a little hard to believe that Marty beat a Maple Leaf and Datsyuk (during his teams stint in the playoffs).. I think the voting is a bit fixed, and that they wanted Marty on the cover for what could be his final season

Also can't see them letting a bunch of fans choose a 1 year starting goalie over the goaltending legend of our generation for their cover. It's the face of their brand. I think voting is just for marketing and to be honest it's working very well

But I ain't complaining.. This will be awesome.. I hope they have posters at GameStop so I can buy one from the store manager

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#305 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

I hope with all the campaigning Marty has been doing, that he holds a Game signing somewhere in appreciation to his fans getting him on the cover.  I wouldn't even care if it costed like $25.  I would definitely get 2 games.  One to play, one signed.

Posted Image

#306 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm pretty sure Canada is helping get Marty on the cover also.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#307 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

I hope with all the campaigning Marty has been doing, that he holds a Game signing somewhere in appreciation to his fans getting him on the cover.  I wouldn't even care if it costed like $25.  I would definitely get 2 games.  One to play, one signed.

I wouldn't bother with buying 2 games. The game isn't going to be valuable at any point, there's too many of them. It's the signature that's important. I'd just have him sign the paper cover, then just have it framed. I have a feeling that cover being signed is worth more than the game or anything else. Unless of course value is added by having a still wrapped in plastic game, but then the sig is on the outside and can be rubbed off.

#308 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

I still find it a little hard to believe that Marty beat a Maple Leaf and Datsyuk (during his teams stint in the playoffs).. I think the voting is a bit fixed, and that they wanted Marty on the cover for what could be his final season

Also can't see them letting a bunch of fans choose a 1 year starting goalie over the goaltending legend of our generation for their cover. It's the face of their brand. I think voting is just for marketing and to be honest it's working very well

But I ain't complaining.. This will be awesome.. I hope they have posters at GameStop so I can buy one from the store manager

People love Marty. He didn't get the respect he deserved during his prime, but he is definitely getting it now. I don't think the voting is rigged at all...I just think Devils fans and Marty supporters pulled together really well to force some upsets. Wings fans were too busy with the playoffs to waste their time running "Vote Datsyuk" campaigns.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#309 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

I hope with all the campaigning Marty has been doing, that he holds a Game signing somewhere in appreciation to his fans getting him on the cover. I wouldn't even care if it costed like $25. I would definitely get 2 games. One to play, one signed.

At the very least, I'm waiting as long as it takes to have him sign my copy at a Meet and Greet this year

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#310 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Is

Isn't Gamestop giving away stickers for the preorder bonus along with the free Hockey Ultimate Team cards that every other place has. So who knows there might be a Devil on one

I wouldn't bother with buying 2 games. The game isn't going to be valuable at any point, there's too many of them. It's the signature that's important. I'd just have him sign the paper cover, then just have it framed. I have a feeling that cover being signed is worth more than the game or anything else. Unless of course value is added by having a still wrapped in plastic game, but then the sig is on the outside and can be rubbed off.

Yeah the value of sports games drop like a rock in the years after. If you feel the need to get another cover you can wait and pick one up cheap down the line.

#311 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

tumblr_mnmrcjKhVg1qeiv3bo1_1280.jpg

Aww snap...went there..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#312 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

tumblr_mnmrcjKhVg1qeiv3bo1_1280.jpg

Aww snap...went there..

hahaaha awesome

Quick note: if this was th Kings' twitter account, everyone would comment how obnoxious it is

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#313 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

hahaaha awesome

Quick note: if this was th Kings' twitter account, everyone would comment how obnoxious it is

I think its more stupid then obnoxious but I think twitter sucks alltogether. I only made an account to vote for marty and Ill be deleting it once they announce the winner.

#314 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

haha That was kind of obnoxious. When Lou's away, the PR mice will play!

#315 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm pretty sure Canada is helping get Marty on the cover also.

That's what I'm thinking, too. Remember Habs fans have a soft spot for Marty. That kind of explains how he managed to beat a Maple Leaf in one of the previous rounds. Then it was Canada vs. Russia... Wings fans were watching games, Russians don't care and Devils / Canadian teams were golfing already, meaning their fans could focus on something else, say, NHL 14 cover vote.

I can see that happening without the poll being fixed.

#316 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

Brodeur is gonna win because Bob could bolt to the KHL this year. Imagine the uproar if he won and wasn't in the league?

#317 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Brodeur is gonna win because Bob could bolt to the KHL this year. Imagine the uproar if he won and wasn't in the league?

In general it's just stupid for their brand if they put Bob on it over Marty

#318 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

If a store manager makes you pay to get a poster, beat his a$$. They're "supposed" to be thrown away.  Usually, they grow feet and find their way into friendly customer's hands. If a jerk makes you pay, flip out. [former, bitter employee of that atrocious company]

ANYWAY...

I stand by my buying 2 copies when Marty wins this thing.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#319 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

I hope everyone is still voting strong. This thing isn't over yet. One more day guys.

#320 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Voting ends tonight at 11:59 PM Eastern time. There's no limit to the number of times you can vote, so try to devote some time to vote today: http://covervote.nhl.com/#/ballot

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users