Devils.

#42 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

You figure the rest of the Canadian teams will vote for Broduer though. I think he has a good chance of beating JVR. I actually think he has a good chance of getting the cover. He's been the top trend on twitter lately because of this thing

#43 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

WILDCARD, BITCHES

Edited by Crisis, 13 May 2013 - 12:23 PM.

"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#44 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Why do the leafs have two guys? Lupul and JVR

Well they narrow it down from 60 guys (two per team with each guy facing each other on the same team) to 32. So basically they have two wild cards. How they determine those? No idea has to be something based on vote totals

#45 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

yeah Philly had two guys in the round of 16 last year with Bryzgalov (i believe) and Giroux the Wild card, and Giroux ended up winning. i just printed out the Kovalchuk cover and put it in the NHL 13 sleeve.

ive been putting my Devils poems all around the internet to gather support for Marty. lets see how it goes

1488744_662845367109224_1470841889_n.jpg

NEVER DOUBT THE DEVILS!!!

#1 Devils Fan. DJ Jersey Devil on 88.3 WSBU

#46 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Fans shouldnt be voting for this kind of thing. Most fans are biased homers, and like all-star voting, this becomes a get-out-the-vote, popularity contest. There is no way Marty should have gotten as far as he did in this 'contest'.

#47 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Fans shouldnt be voting for this kind of thing. Most fans are biased homers, and like all-star voting, this becomes a get-out-the-vote, popularity contest. There is no way Marty should have gotten as far as he did in this 'contest'.

plus some crazy fan base like mtl or toronto could litteraly organize event where they get people to vote and boost people to vote everyday and everything.

www.SterioDesign.com

#48 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

True, but Marty is arguably the best of all time. Is it any dumber than Hawks being on it consecutive years or Markus Naslund?

#49 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

You act as if this is a merit based award just based on last season instead of what it is. A popularity contest

#50 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

C'mon Marty!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#51 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

True, but Marty is arguably the best of all time. Is it any dumber than Hawks being on it consecutive years or Markus Naslund?

What was wrong with Markus Naslund at the time? The selection of the covers, and the art work itself has gone downhill recently, imo. I used to like the game-action picture, not some artist's conception with faux-skate scratches all over the box.

You act as if this is a merit based award just based on last season instead of what it is. A popularity contest

Sure..but EA should retain some bit of control in deciding who should be on the cover.

#52 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

What was wrong with Markus Naslund at the time? The selection of the covers, and the art work itself has gone downhill recently, imo. I used to like the game-action picture, not some artist's conception with faux-skate scratches all over the box.

Sure..but EA should retain some bit of control in deciding who should be on the cover.

They do that's why we can't vote from the whole league. Plus all the pub they get from people trying to get their favorite to be voted on can't be hurt

Edited by roomtemp, 14 May 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#53 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm voting for Lupul instead of Datsyuk just because I think marty has a better chance of beating lupul.

Devils.

#54 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

The only way I'd buy the game would be if Marty got on the cover. I haven't bought one in 4 years, and I'm much happier with the extra 60$ than I would be with a game where the AI is just as disappointing as the year before.

815631765.gif

#55 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'm voting for Lupul instead of Datsyuk just because I think marty has a better chance of beating lupul.

I did the same.. Leafs Nation is deflated and won't turn out to vote as much as Detroit (during a playoff run)
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#56 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Broduer is leading JVR right now. EA put out the current leaders. Keep it up devils army

#57 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

plus some crazy fan base like mtl or toronto could litteraly organize event where they get people to vote and boost people to vote everyday and everything.

... because thats not exactly whats going on here or anything..

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#58 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

... because thats not exactly whats going on here or anything..

there are no more MTL players left and both Toronto players are losing right now. R u sure they are organizing something?

#59 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

there are no more MTL players left and both Toronto players are losing right now. R u sure they are organizing something?

no im saying he's saying they are crazy because but we are doing the same thing. "they get people to vote and boost people to vote everyday and everything" 

with a whole thread or whatever, its not like we have a place to judge.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#60 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

no im saying he's saying they are crazy because but we are doing the same thing. "they get people to vote and boost people to vote everyday and everything"
with a whole thread or whatever, its not like we have a place to judge.

Oh yeah I agree. But it's not just devils fans voting for Marty. He's getting a lot of league-wide support, and once JVR and Lupul are eliminated pretty much all The fans from Canada will vote for Marty. You know for sure they won't vote for datsyuk or Bob with the whole Canada/Russia rivalry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users