27 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Parise scored 31 goals and added 31 assists in his second season.  He scored 45 goals and added 49 assists for 94 points in 163 GP in his first two years.  His first season was a struggle, but he finished strong, with 10 points in his last 14 GP (6 G and 4 A).

So after going through some growing pains in his rookie year, he had a 95 game stretch in his first two years where he scored 37 goals and added 35 assists, for 72 points.  Henrique hasn't touched this kind of production, and in fairness to him, I don't think he's expected to.  But in fairness, he has not been as good or better than Parise in his first two seasons. 

The point proportion for the first two years still tips in Henrique's favor.  You're right that Henrique is not going to be as good, and Parise's performance accelerated in his second year while Henrique has plateaued, albeit without the benefit of a full season.  However, his point production isstill very good for a second year player that isn't named Stamkos or Crosby.  

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

The point proportion for the first two years still tips in Henrique's favor.  You're right that Henrique is not going to be as good, and Parise's performance accelerated in his second year while Henrique has plateaued, albeit without the benefit of a full season.  However, his point production isstill very good for a second year player that isn't named Stamkos or Crosby.  

I sure hope so. I think a lot of people were getting ahead of themselves when they were projecting Henrique as a 60-70 point center. Hell, if he has a few more years at 45-55 I'll be happy. He is extremely valuable though because he is very good on the penalty good and plays decent defense. 

#23 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Rich Chere, on Twitter:

"Eric Gelinas with a No. 24 on his helmet (Bryce Salvador's number) is among those skating today."

That's a bit weird, don't you think?...

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Rich Chere, on Twitter:

"Eric Gelinas with a No. 24 on his helmet (Bryce Salvador's number) is among those skating today."

That's a bit weird, don't you think?...

Considering 24 is Gelinas' number in Albany, no.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Oh whoops haha.. I guess it'd only be weird if he plays tomorrow with a #24 jersey.

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Oh whoops haha.. I guess it'd only be weird if he plays tomorrow with a #24 jersey.

Lol, yes- THAT would be weird.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#27 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Give Gelinas the C too.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#28 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Agree that next year is a big one for Henrique.  Not saying he can't be a useful player, but the Devils clearly need to find some goal-scorers, and need to find out if Henrique can be one.

Agreed on a goal scorer, this draft is going to be very important since its stacked with talent. Scarrrrrrrrrrrrr. lol

3308166.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users