#41 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Just to rub a little salt...

If they had won on Sunday they'd be 6 minutes from controlling their own destiny somehow

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Just to rub a little salt...

If they had won on Sunday they'd be 6 minutes from controlling their own destiny somehow

Way it works, I think the Rangers would have had a wee bit more urgency tonight if they weren't three points up with a game in hand on their only competitor, who also lost.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

669. Another record.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#44 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Well im gearing up to go downtown tonight lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#45 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Way it works, I think the Rangers would have had a wee bit more urgency tonight if they weren't three points up with a game in hand on their only competitor, who also lost.

I wasn't exactly right, if the Rangers won in R/OT against Carolina they'd still lock us out, but with all the lost points and all, it doesn't matter much, you could pick probably 15-20 games where they could have gotten more.   And the SO's....

#46 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

That 1-0 loss to Boston a few weeks ago really stings as does that stupid loss to Ottawa the next week. Those to me are the ones that basically shut the door.

#47 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Anyone at the game? How're the Habs fans? Obnoxious as usual?

they were obnoxious! very obnoxious actually.. even the older ones that were sitting next to me who were actually canadien and by older i mean 65+.. very weird crowd at the rock tonight i would not have gone if i didnt have tickets to the game already boughten a few weeks ago.. it was extremely empty upstairs and the mood just was not there especially for me.. the season is over .. its all over with im realizing and accepting.. last year this time i wouldve never thought that id be as disappointed and down about this team as i currently am.. oh well.

Edited by Sik02gt, 23 April 2013 - 10:27 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#48 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

So where was this team during that 10 game losing streak?

Bogus.

This win helps the Rangers too.

Good job.

They're going to play Boston now and win in 5. 

I miss Parise. 

#49 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

So where was this team during that 10 game losing streak?

Bogus.

This win helps the Rangers too.

Good job.

They're going to play Boston now and win in 5. 

The team was always there, they cant finish consistently. Why are you a fan if you are mad when they lose and mad when they win.

Edited by Zubie#8, 23 April 2013 - 11:00 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

lol to whoever had the notion the win helps the Rangers.  How, exactly?  Because they can play one corpse over the other?  Both Montreal and Boston are equally hot messes right now.  Neither wants the division.  If Toronto had another week they might steal the division from under both their noses.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 April 2013 - 11:13 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#51 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

Our team played with fire tonight. Would've been nice if it wasn't too late but you gotta love seeing that.

Kovy was on a mission, and I think we can all say that shoulder has to be 100% now that we've seen him fly into the boards

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#52 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

Holy crap, did you see that pass on the boards by Larsson? Wow!

I missed the game but have it recorded for tomorrow. I've heard a few things about this play/pass. Do you remember about when this occurred? I definitely want to check it out. Nice Larsson plays are always good to see.

#53 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

The team was always there, they cant finish consistently. Why are you a fan if you are mad when they lose and mad when they win.

There's something to say for playing with and without pressure as well.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#54 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

So what are the Rags playoff scenarios now?  I know they lost to FLA.  If NJ beats them can the Rags still clinch a berth?

If the Devils can keep the Rags out of the playoffs it would bring a little joy to an otherwise miserable week.

#55 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Anyone at the game? How're the Habs fans? Obnoxious as usual?

I got booed by them for not letting people sit in the front row...that's a first for me!

So what are the Rags playoff scenarios now?  I know they lost to FLA.  If NJ beats them can the Rags still clinch a berth?

If the Devils can keep the Rags out of the playoffs it would bring a little joy to an otherwise miserable week.

Rangers have 2 games left, Jets have 1 and are 1 point back. If rangers win one game they're in. I don't know who owns the tie breaker if Jets win and Rangers only get 1 point. If Jets lose they're out.

Devils.

#56 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

I missed the game but have it recorded for tomorrow. I've heard a few things about this play/pass. Do you remember about when this occurred? I definitely want to check it out. Nice Larsson plays are always good to see.

I believe it was towards the end of the second period.  It was a beautiful and perfectly timed pass.

I got booed by them for not letting people sit in the front row...that's a first for me!

Rangers have 2 games left, Jets have 1 and are 1 point back. If rangers win one game they're in. I don't know who owns the tie breaker if Jets win and Rangers only get 1 point. If Jets lose they're out.

Were you the usher between Sections 9 and 10?  I hear the booing and couldn't figure out why they were giving the poor usher such a hard time. 

Posted Image

#57 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

i gotta say i've been pretty critic of Josefson but he played a great game last night. Not cause he scored, he was simply a johnny on the spot for that goal but his whole game was really good.

www.SterioDesign.com

#58 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

josefson did have a pretty good game last night.. wouldve liked to see him get a little more play time this year..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#59 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

I thought Josefson and Urbom both played very well last night.  Hopefully Gelinas will get into a game here before the end of the season as well.

Posted Image

#60 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I believe it was towards the end of the second period.  It was a beautiful and perfectly timed pass.

Were you the usher between Sections 9 and 10?  I hear the booing and couldn't figure out why they were giving the poor usher such a hard time. 

Yes I was. It was mostly Habs fans and some Devils fans. I wouldn't let a little kid sit in the front row. Because his dad tried to move down there after watching me kick 4 habs fans out of there too. 

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users