50 replies to this topic

#21 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have nothing but love for #26.  Whenever I think about the #26 I remember back when he was wearing #22 and he actually asked to switch to #26.  I don't remember too many other Devils players switching from the team issue.  But Patrik did that.  Great Devil, he pesonifies what it meant to be a Devil during the 2000's.  Great two-way hockey and not the trap tag that everyone put on the team.  I'm going to miss Patrik Elias more than any other forward whose ever donned the jersey.  To me, it's he, Marty and Dano who represent Devils' hockey.  I hope he comes back.  He has a lot of hockey left in that body.

#22 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

And how can you not love his awesome accent.  "You know, uhh, we tried pretty good der, and uh, Travis got the puck der and I just put it in der".

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

In honor of #26!!!!  Devil Forever

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Come back Patty should be the chant tonight.

I love Elias and I never want to see him in another teams jersey.

#25 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

He got a nice salute at the end of the game during his interview.

Boy I hope he returns.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

He got a nice salute at the end of the game during his interview.

Boy I hope he returns.

Me too. Best devils forward ever.

#27 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

@TGfireandice

Elias appreciated the fans chanting his name after the game.

great job guys!

#28 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

@TGfireandice

Elias appreciated the fans chanting his name after the game.

great job guys!

Awesome, great job guys :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#29 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Where I'm at with this right now: "Oh please  :rolleyes: , the Devils will re-sign Elias. Right?...........Right?  :unsure: ................... :puke: "

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#30 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

http://instagram.com/p/YjR_m3mZKx/

A timely Thank you!

The best forward to ever play for the Devils... so far

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#31 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Elias appreciated the fans chanting his name after the game when he was named one of the three stars and did an on-ice interview with MSG Network’s Deb Placey.

“That’s great,” Elias said. “They showed their appreciation and I was trying to my best job out there and the fans recognize that. So, it feels good. It always does.”

Something as simple as a few thousand fans chanting his name at the end of game can mean so much to a player. Shame Patty hasn't gotten more love throughout the years. Don't believe this is it. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#32 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

http://instagram.com/p/YjR_m3mZKx/

A timely Thank you!

The best forward to ever play for the Devils... so far

that's a great shot!

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,400 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

See all this had the opposite effect on me, it made me more paranoid this was it and he was leaving.  I don't know why...maybe in some bizarro way the crowd reaction would tell him 'okay, your legacy's secure here, you can move on'.  PK would probably be able to put it better than me lol

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#34 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

that's a great shot!

sometimes I get lucky ;-)

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#35 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

I don't see it. Guys move on this late in their career because

1. They have never won a championship and want to chase a title

2. The team is rebuilding and wants to get younger (usually the player gets dealt before the deadline)

3. The team sucks and the player, who is still good, wants to play for a better team

4. The team knows the player is finished, but the player wants to keep playing 

I really don't see Elias going anywhere else or really wanting to play somewhere else. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#36 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

See all this had the opposite effect on me, it made me more paranoid this was it and he was leaving.  I don't know why...maybe in some bizarro way the crowd reaction would tell him 'okay, your legacy's secure here, you can move on'.  PK would probably be able to put it better than me lol

...damn you, damn you to hell.  Now I can go back to being anxious and uneasy :lol:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#37 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

I'm going to keep tonight's ticket stub in a plastic protective ticket holder till I know if he stays or not.

#38 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

C'mon.

If you are a true Devils fan, this guy is like Marty. You love him and want him to be a top priority in FA. He is still producing.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'll say 2 years 9 million like Marty.

We've all taken this guy for granted at some point, but he is still playing so well at his age. He is sooooooooooooooooooooooo hockey smart its ridiculous.

Edited by oconnellrules, 25 April 2013 - 11:33 PM.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#39 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,400 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

I don't see it. Guys move on this late in their career because

1. They have never won a championship and want to chase a title

2. The team is rebuilding and wants to get younger (usually the player gets dealt before the deadline)

3. The team sucks and the player, who is still good, wants to play for a better team

4. The team knows the player is finished, but the player wants to keep playing 

I really don't see Elias going anywhere else or really wanting to play somewhere else. 

Well three would definitely be a fear :P  But another way of putting my feeling is that maybe he sees after tonight it really isn't going to get any 'better' for him here than being serenaded off the ice after all he accomplished, that it only goes downhill from here especially with the team itself trending downward and him perhaps hitting some Marty-like years where the fans say **** your past accomplishments, you suck now (even if you don't suck, you're being judged against your own high standard).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 April 2013 - 11:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#40 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

sometimes I get lucky ;-)

I tried to 'set as desktop background' and got a huge heart instead lol, but a great shot. Love Patti, and hope he ends his career as a Devil

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users