160 replies to this topic

#121 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Some posters would have jumped off the GWB if they were around to watch games or pay for tickets during the 80's. :rolleyes:

Edited by StarDew, 27 April 2013 - 05:00 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#122 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

i want Shinkaruk so bad

#123 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Here's to Shinaruk/Monahan! :D

Posted Image

#124 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

i want Shinkaruk so bad

Why do you guys want Shinkaruk so bad? I've heard he is an ok player. I would prefer Monahan or Barkov, Shinkaruk is ranked 23rd in THN Draft Preview, it's not really good.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#125 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Barkov is way out of reach it seems.. Some people even have him as a 1st pick. :o

Posted Image

#126 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

As bad as this season was,I've been around the Devils long enough to know changes will be made....they have no choice.Lets hope for a few good picks and a few to retire or be moved.Marty has been the life's blood of this team for many years,but its time to retire with grace.Finding the right pieces may take a few more years and I for one am willing to support them through the highs and lows.

How soon some forget how bad this team was during the 80's and early 90's and how great it felt to be the champs 3 times in under 10 years....no team wins year in and year out,so stop thinking we should.

As for the Rags,what have they won lately ? nada.....So they made the Playoffs...can they do what we did last year...My guess is nooooo way.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#127 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

This is the worst season you've watched, huh? Did you miss out two years ago? You probably weren't watching, seeing as you've made it abundantly clear you're a fair weather fan.

And seriously, do yourself and everyone else here a favor, and don't come back next year. You've never contributed a single useful thing to this forum, and it's damn annoying seeing you whine for attention game after game.

Oh you mean the other year we didn't make the playoffs?
Oh I watched.
The team went on an incredible run and played 10x better than this years team despite having the same result at the end.
What was the reason for them not making the playoffs that year?
Bad coaching.
This year?
Same thing and also the void that was never filled when Parise left.
Not a huge surprised both years the team is without Parise they don't make the playoffs.
Kovalchuk is depended upon way too much and he's NOT that type of player.
We thought we were getting Ovechkin and we were wrong.

I miss Parise. 

#128 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Oh you mean the other year we didn't make the playoffs?
Oh I watched.
The team went on an incredible run and played 10x better than this years team despite having the same result at the end.
What was the reason for them not making the playoffs that year?
Bad coaching.
This year?
Same thing and also the void that was never filled when Parise left.
Not a huge surprised both years the team is without Parise they don't make the playoffs.
Kovalchuk is depended upon way too much and he's NOT that type of player.
We thought we were getting Ovechkin and we were wrong.

Get off the the bad coach nonsense. Deboer is a very good coach, best thing that happened to the devils in a long time. He didnt have the firepower on offense this year, add that to shaky goaltending and it was a mediocre year.

Who the hell expected him to be Ovechkin?...and you fail to mention that the incredible run in 2011 was without Parise.

Edited by Zubie#8, 27 April 2013 - 05:29 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#129 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Get off the the bad coach nonsense. Deboer is a very good coach, best thing that happened to the devils in a long time. He didnt have the firepower on offense this year, add that to shaky goaltending and it was a mediocre year.

Who the hell expected him to be Ovechkin?...and you fail to mention that the incredible run in 2011 was without Parise.

he didnt say that Deboer is a bad coach he said they missed the 2010 playoffs because of bad coaching (which is true)...

but anyway... just ignore him there's no point

Edited by SterioDesign, 27 April 2013 - 05:38 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#130 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

he didnt say that Deboer is a bad coach he said they missed the 2010 playoffs because of bad coaching (which is true)...

but anyway... just ignore him there's no point

He mentioned bad coaching in 2010 then he said 'this year?' and answered 'same thing' so I'll take that as a shot at Pete and he ripped him for the entire season anyways. Some of these 'fans' are just crazy. Imagine being an Islander fan.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#131 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

He mentioned bad coaching in 2010 then he said 'this year?' and answered 'same thing' so I'll take that as a shot at Pete and he ripped him for the entire season anyways. Some of these 'fans' are just crazy. Imagine being an Islander fan.

ah k yeah youre right. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#132 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Ld your pathetic you're not a fan at all. Fans won't turn on Marty. He's one of the most respected players along with Elias around the league. You sound mote like a ranger sh!t fan than anything

#133 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Guys, losing today is probably the best thing that could have happened. As crappy as it was to hear the Rangers chants and to even lose to them in the finale was annoying.

I hope next year with a strong showing from the youth we forget about this season quickly.

#134 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

phily is up 1-0... keep it up boys

www.SterioDesign.com

#135 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

jesus christ Karlsson is good. As much as we need offence is someone from the future would tell me that Jones would be better than Karlsson for sure and that we'd win the lottery......

www.SterioDesign.com

#136 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Philly has a bunch of minor leaguers and debutants it seems.. Can't blame em for tanking but I hope they get "lucky" tonight. :P

Posted Image

#137 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,041 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Philly's trying, they want to avoid last place.  We haven't finished in last since 1987, but we just might this year :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#138 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Per TG: "The hope is that the Devils will bounce back quickly and be right back in the playoff hunt next season. There are no certainties in this business, however, with a salary cap to deal with, a team budget and a host of key unrestricted free agents to make decisions on, including Patrik Elias, David Clarkson and Dainius Zubrus."

This is TG, but it's worth pointing out because this isn't something to take lightly. I've seen a certain few regulars here foolishly dismiss the fact that this team is operating under some kind of internal budget. The idea that they are going to go out and spend major money (or even moderately) this Summer on outside FA's is a foolish thought and a setup for dissapointment. I'm on the fence that they will even sign their own FA's mentioned above. I'm going to say 2 of those 3 are gone. Clarkson is going to be grossly overpaid from someone for sure.

You don't go through debt and the refinancing thereof and then turn into a money spender like it all never existed and then re-tool FA wise or with the acquisition of other teams salary dumps. I'm not saying this is going to be a floor team, becuase they'd be committing suicide in the market and with the fan base, but i am a FIRM believer that this organization is not going to spend one cent on significant outside FA talent. They almost certainly are not going to be a top 10-12 payroll. They are going to sign training camp/amnesty projects on the cheap, sign their own youth, make shewd trades (like Loktionov) and rebuild through the draft because by the time they do, perhaps the debt will be paid down enough or another partner can be added to infuse capital sooner.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 27 April 2013 - 07:30 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#139 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,041 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

I've said we don't know if there's a team budget or what it is.  But it's obvious with a couple of Marty/Patty's comments in recent days there is one.  And assuming that's true don't expect any Volch buyout, among other things :P

But they have have HAVE to make a top six forward acquisition and not lose Elias.  Even if they lose Clarkson.  Otherwise don't expect things to be any different next year, they'll still be a bottom third offense with ancient goaltending and a defense they don't want to get younger.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 April 2013 - 07:43 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#140 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Per TG: "The hope is that the Devils will bounce back quickly and be right back in the playoff hunt next season. There are no certainties in this business, however, with a salary cap to deal with, a team budget and a host of key unrestricted free agents to make decisions on, including Patrik Elias, David Clarkson and Dainius Zubrus."

This is TG, but it's worth pointing out because this isn't something to take lightly. I've seen a certain few regulars here foolishly dismiss the fact that this team is operating under some kind of internal budget. The idea that they are going to go out and spend major money (or even moderately) this Summer on outside FA's is a foolish thought and a setup for dissapointment. I'm on the fence that they will even sign their own FA's mentioned above. I'm going to say 2 of those 3 are gone. Clarkson is going to be grossly overpaid from someone for sure.

You don't go through debt and the refinancing thereof and then turn into a money spender like it all never existed and then re-tool FA wise or with the acquisition of other teams salary dumps. I'm not saying this is going to be a floor team, becuase they'd be committing suicide in the market and with the fan base, but i am a FIRM believer that this organization is not going to spend one cent on significant outside FA talent. They almost certainly are not going to be a top 10-12 payroll. They are going to sign training camp/amnesty projects on the cheap, sign their own youth, make shewd trades (like Loktionov) and rebuild through the draft because by the time they do, perhaps the debt will be paid down enough or another partner can be added to infuse capital sooner.

I had this feeling for a while now, and I think last season was the last shot this team will have for a few seasons till the smoke clears and everything is back in order. We cant overlook the fact that even though Kovi's cap hit is under 7 mil, his actual pay from the team is around 11 mil...and thats why the Devs are a little hancuffed for a few seasons.

(but then Lou shelled out some big monies to Trav, Marty, Sal etc so I'm a little confused)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users