160 replies to this topic

#141 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

I feel there is some potential in making a trade that could swap our 2nd round pick plus Volchenkov/Tallinder to move up into the 1st round and have 2 1sts. It would obviously occur with a team in need of a defenceman and that is drafting in a range when all the top tier dmen have been drafted. Could move up 20 spots if we can deal with the right match.

#142 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

who in their right mind would want Volchenkov at that price?

www.SterioDesign.com

#143 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Marty the QUEEN didn't wan to face Lindqvist the KING

You're an unsufferable prick.

#144 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

I had this feeling for a while now, and I think last season was the last shot this team will have for a few seasons till the smoke clears and everything is back in order. We cant overlook the fact that even though Kovi's cap hit is under 7 mil, his actual pay from the team is around 11 mil...and thats why the Devs are a little hancuffed for a few seasons.

(but then Lou shelled out some big monies to Trav, Marty, Sal etc so I'm a little confused)

They have to pay somebody. Just like a floor team does in comparison. The money has to be spent, so they figured why not invest in Zajac, who wants to be here, is still a young player and a top 6 forward. The terrible signing was Salvador. If this was anyone other then Lamoriello there might be a job lost. 

Don't mistake not spending money and not having money. If they had nothing, they'd be a floor team or close. They have money to spend, they just are on a budget and will spend to that budget. What they won't be is a cap team or a top 10-12 payroll which is going to limit the talent level they ice so they are going to have to develop talent and make shrewd moves and make sure they don't make a habit of dishing out terrible "legacy" deals dispite having to spend $ someplace.

The big question is, does Lamoriello stay on if he feels handcuffed or limited (if he isn't already)?

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#145 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

who in their right mind would want Volchenkov at that price?

maybe Ottawa? That'd be the only destiantion for him and they will be drafting around that position. Tallinder is obviously the most appealing of the two, I'd even be willing to move Urbom or Gelinas with the 2nd if it can give us 2 top 15-20 picks

#146 mfb42183

mfb42183

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

You want the coward , Queen

You want the coward , Queen Mary

what is henrik king of? playoff exits? zero stanley cup rings?

#147 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

They have to pay somebody. Just like a floor team does in comparison. The money has to be spent, so they figured why not invest in Zajac, who wants to be here, is still a young player and a top 6 forward. The terrible signing was Salvador. If this was anyone other then Lamoriello there might be a job lost. 

Don't mistake not spending money and not having money. If they had nothing, they'd be a floor team or close. They have money to spend, they just are on a budget and will spend to that budget. What they won't be is a cap team or a top 10-12 payroll which is going to limit the talent level they ice so they are going to have to develop talent and make shrewd moves and make sure they don't make a habit of dishing out terrible "legacy" deals dispite having to spend $ someplace.

The big question is, does Lamoriello stay on if he feels handcuffed or limited (if he isn't already)?

I understand Lou not spending big on free agents....it's the letting our own FA talent get to July 1st all the time that bothers me, why cant he lock up a top player before they get boatloads of money offered to them.

Yeah, we'll see if Lou wants to remain GM if he's handcuffed in any way. I think next season will reveal alot about this organization.

#148 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Wow and the Devils finish in last.
Perfect ending to a horror story.
I've been a fan since 1990 and I've never recalled a team losing 6 games and then 10 games in a row ...so I don't understand how people are calling me crazy saying this team wasn't one of the worst ever.
I guess we should be thankful it was only a half season?
I mean this team could have ended up with 50 losses this year if you included shoot outs.
Scary.

I miss Parise. 

#149 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Wow and the Devils finish in last.
Perfect ending to a horror story.
I've been a fan since 1990 and I've never recalled a team losing 6 games and then 10 games in a row ...so I don't understand how people are calling me crazy saying this team wasn't one of the worst ever.
I guess we should be thankful it was only a half season?
I mean this team could have ended up with 50 losses this year if you included shoot outs.
Scary.

Yes the team consistently losing 4-1 5-1 6-1 and 7-1 to the likes of the Thrashers while giving hat tricks out to the Eric Boultons of the NHL was so much better....

Take your glasses off, Devils gave up the fewest amount of shots for the entire season, if they had better goaltending and more offense they are a really good team. They are not that far off, thats why they were losing games by one goal and not getting blown out like a bad team would.

Edited by Zubie#8, 27 April 2013 - 10:31 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#150 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Rangers are going to pull some upsets and go deep
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#151 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

catching this game right now on nhl network

@moose stay in your crease

Posted Image

#152 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Rangers are going to pull some upsets and go deep

I think the only chance they have is if Fleury's an absolute sieve 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#153 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Amazingly enough, the Rags have drawn Washington AGAIN. Death, taxes, and Rangers-Washington in the playoffs.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#154 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Amazingly enough, the Rags have drawn Washington AGAIN. Death, taxes, and Rangers-Washington in the playoffs.

The hottest team going into the playoffs

cant wait for the post game pressers with Torts after a (several) loss !

#155 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Caps are due for losing streak, Ovechkin and Green are due to go cold, Lundqvist is due for more shutouts, Rangers always play capitals well. Not good.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#156 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

The hottest team going into the playoffs

cant wait for the post game pressers with Torts after a (several) loss !

at least the capitals are actually being run competently this year by Oates as compared to whatever Hunter was doing last year. And the Caps still got them to 7 last year

#157 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I thought Hunter did okay with them.   Wasn't the ideal use of their best player, but if not for the Ward penalty the Caps probably win the series.

#158 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I thought Hunter did okay with them.   Wasn't the ideal use of their best player, but if not for the Ward penalty the Caps probably win the series.

yeah but if not for Holtby's insane non-replicable save percentage, they're probably out in round one. I think if he was the coach for a whole season, they'd be middling at best and probably miss the playoffs without really good goaltending 

#159 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Regarding Salvador, per TG:

One part of the team DeBoer was pleased with this season was the team’s leadership. DeBoer specifically mentioned captain Bryce Salvador after Saturday’s game.

“I like our captain. I think he did a great job,” DeBoer said. “Unfortunately we didn’t have him here lately. There’s a lot of
leadership in that room. It’s the same leadership group for the most part that took us to the Stanley Cup Final last year. So, I don’t think that’s an issue.”

#160 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Regarding Salvador, per TG:

One part of the team DeBoer was pleased with this season was the team’s leadership. DeBoer specifically mentioned captain Bryce Salvador after Saturday’s game.

“I like our captain. I think he did a great job,” DeBoer said. “Unfortunately we didn’t have him here lately. There’s a lot of
leadership in that room. It’s the same leadership group for the most part that took us to the Stanley Cup Final last year. So, I don’t think that’s an issue.”

If hes not saying that to raise his trade value, its troubling

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users