KOVALCHUCK

jerseysteve

I don't know why, but it just grates on me to hear Kovalchuck so pumped about returning to Russia to play for their national team.  The guy was too hurt to contribute to our team during dire times, and yet now, magically, he's good to go and there's no hesitation or thought of taking time to rest before hitting the ice for Russia?  Before the season started, I didn't buy into the talk about Kovy wanting to leave the NHL, but now?  I really have to wonder where his heart is.  Can this be a situation (going to Russia) that becomes permanent?  Would have said hell no the begining of the season, but now I really wonder.

I think people are really looking too much into this. Who wouldn't love to represent their country? Kovy is from Russia, and it's his right to represent his country in the WHC. You guys easily forget how he was dedicated last year and how he played well and with heart in the playoffs (he played games injured fyi). Kovy is a devil. This is team. He will be back next year with the goal of going in the playoffs and winning it all. So no, you should'nt worry.

• Like 1

lol if Zach had demanded to play meaningless games when he was coming off injury a couple years ago people would praise his moxie, but since it's Kovy it's only because he wants to play in the Worlds.  I guess he didn't lead the team in scoring last year with a bad back during the playoffs.

• Like 2

no way? between the legs? who would have thought?

i swear whenever i have time during the playoffs im gonna go through all the goals scored against Moose this year and i bet 75% of them are in his 5 hole

why are they chanting Marty? bunch of retards

Edited by SterioDesign

Something is up with Kovi this season, during the lockout he was playing in Russia and scoring goals like the old Kovi.

Then he comes back to NJ and sores 4 goals (5 on 5) for the season and two of those goals were deflected off the other teams player.

He's always looking to pass (even though he's got the best shot on the team), he'll bring the puck down low, circle the net and send the puck to a defenseman to shoot.

I hope he starts shooting next season.

Something is up with Kovi this season, during the lockout he was playing in Russia and scoring goals like the old Kovi.

Then he comes back to NJ and sores 4 goals (5 on 5) for the season and two of those goals were deflected off the other teams player.

He's always looking to pass (even though he's got the best shot on the team), he'll bring the puck down low, circle the net and send the puck to a defenseman to shoot.

To his defense he honestly hit at least 15 pipes this year, usually those go in, but he does need to shoot more.

Edited by Zubie#8

Bigger ice, more space, worse opponents and goalies.

Bigger ice, more space, worse opponents and goalies.

these are true, and I especially think the bigger ice surface helps him

but when I see highlights of him in Atlanta, he would skate in from center ice, make 1 slick move and shoot (and usually score)

I dont know if its his speed thats left him, or his confidence, or he's trying to be un-selfish as a Devil.

You're reading too much into it.  All forms of international play have always been a very big deal to Russian players - especially the World Champsionships.  If the Red Wings had missed the playoffs, you would be hearing very similar comments from Datsyuk.

Edited by Hellacious_D

I don't know why, but it just grates on me to hear Kovalchuck so pumped about returning to Russia to play for their national team.  The guy was too hurt to contribute to our team during dire times, and yet now, magically, he's good to go and there's no hesitation or thought of taking time to rest before hitting the ice for Russia?  Before the season started, I didn't buy into the talk about Kovy wanting to leave the NHL, but now?  I really have to wonder where his heart is.  Can this be a situation (going to Russia) that becomes permanent?  Would have said hell no the begining of the season, but now I really wonder.

theres nothing "magic" about it.  He was hurt and he returned when he was fully healthy, which i'd want nothing more.  What do you want him to do, still act injured?? there did not need to be a thread for this

You're reading too much into it. All forms of international play have always been a very big deal to Russian players - especially the World Champsionships. If the Red Wings had missed the playoffs, you would be hearing very similar comments from Datsyuk.

when datsyuks contract is up, he's joining the KHL as it is. A class act foe him but he has said when his contract is done he wants to finish his career in his hometown.

when datsyuks contract is up, he's joining the KHL as it is. A class act foe him but he has said when his contract is done he wants to finish his career in his hometown.

is this true?? thats depressing... he's easilly one of the funnest players to watch

He's earned it. I haven't seen a red wing fan disagree with it. He has earned the right to finish his career in his hometown after he's done everything for Detroit. He's a classy player. After he plays out his contract here of course

Edited by CarterforPresident

lol if Zach had demanded to play meaningless games when he was coming off injury a couple years ago people would praise his moxie, but since it's Kovy it's only because he wants to play in the Worlds.  I guess he didn't lead the team in scoring last year with a bad back during the playoffs.

This. It's like some posters on this board blanked out from May to June last year. Remember 7's post - about how Kovy needs to step up and play injured? And now this one. I'm just like, "are you kidding me? or are you just looking to whine about something?"

This. It's like some posters on this board blanked out from May to June last year. Remember 7's post - about how Kovy needs to step up and play injured? And now this one. I'm just like, "are you kidding me? or are you just looking to whine about something?"

O god how could I forget. We'll see another ridiculous thread titled Kovalchuck in about a month with something else to say