#241 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

It has to be Vokoun in game 5 because Fleury is a disgrace

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#242 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Mark my words: Fleury and Bylsma will both be run out of Pittsburgh on a rail if they lose this series. I'd be losing my fvcking mind if I was a Pens fan right now.

Shero might be too.  Losing to a 'good' Flyers team is one thing, losing to the Isles (after other losses to Tampa Bay and Montreal in recent playoffs) is another.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#243 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
Penguins superior to Isles on paper. Isles brought scissors.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#244 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

It's okay as a Devils fan to root for the Isles to kick the Pens out of the playoffs, right?  Just for this round.

I would be doing this if I didn't happen to know an obnoxious Islanders fan. He ruined the team for me. Otherwise I like a good underdog story. The Islanders are pesky, but I hate them the least of our current division rivals.

#245 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Mark my words: Fleury and Bylsma will both be run out of Pittsburgh on a rail if they lose this series. I'd be losing my fvcking mind if I was a Pens fan right now.

Shero might be too.  Losing to a 'good' Flyers team is one thing, losing to the Isles (after other losses to Tampa Bay and Montreal in recent playoffs) is another.

Nothing would surprise me. Losing this series would be an unspeakable disaster for that organization. It could warrant a total house cleaning.

#246 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Pittsburgh's warts are really showing on defense and in net.

Oh and John Tavares is kinda good.

5-4 Isles.

Scary that they're going to get even better with Strome and Reinardt, and perhaps Niedereitter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#247 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

75% of the post on my fb feed is habs fans whinning about the refs. Litteraly 75%

www.SterioDesign.com

#248 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

It has to be Vokoun in game 5 because Fleury is a disgrace

I wonder why people ever complain about Marty when I see goals like #6 go in on Fleury.  

Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
Penguins superior to Isles on paper. Isles brought scissors.

The funny part is after Game 1 it looked like it would be a three-game sweep with the Isles forefiting Game 4.  I had visions of '94 Isles-Rangers after the 5-0 beatdown.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#249 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

And Ottawa steals one.

#250 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Lmfao, Ottawa.

#251 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

75% of the post on my fb feed is habs fans whinning about the refs. Litteraly 75%

. I'm sure that's now changed to 100% of those whiny bastards saying they lost because Price didn't play in OT lmao.

#252 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

I felt bad for Budaj. Just a brutal spot. I said right before the goal if the Sens shoot from anywhere, it prob goes in. That was as bad as it gets.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#253 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

My first memories of watching hockey was catching the tail-end of the Islanders glory years so I rooted for the Islanders before I became a Devils fan in 87-88.  I have no problems rooting for this Islanders team as an underdog against arguably the most universally hated team in the NHL right now.

If the Isles do end up pulling the upset heads will roll in Pittsburgh.  I believe Sherro is safe but everybody else not named Crosby will be on the block especially with the cap going down.

#254 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

And you continuing to talk about them...is also pretty annoying. It's always funny to laugh at other teams but every fan base would be complaining and whining after that spot. If that was the Devils, we'd have 50 threads and continue the narrative that the league continues to screw the Devils in every review possible.

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 May 2013 - 09:17 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#255 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

IMO, the coach is already as good as fired.   Unless they pull it together after this series, should they win.   Two years in a row they get dragged into streethockey games and you're powerless to stop this?   I remember last season thinking the Flyers must have been worldbeaters going into our series.

Yeah, so much for that.

Also, the most bizarre thing about their last two playoffs, is that the Tampa series in 2011, where they had NO ONE left, they played a gritty defensive game.   They just had no one to finish off Tampa with, I mean when Asham is getting big shifts in Game 7 you know you're screwed.   So I don't understand why he couldn't translate the style they played in that series, with a far superior roster.

There is no excuse for just being sucked into the Isles clusterfvck game.

Edited by maxpower, 07 May 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#256 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

And you continuing to talk about them...is also pretty annoying. It's always funny to laugh at other teams but every fan base would be complaining and whining after that spot. If that was the Devils, we'd have 50 threads and continue the narrative that the league continues to screw the Devils in every review possible.

The Canadiens got jobbed on that call. I can't stand their fans either, but they have a reason to complain there. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#257 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

The Canadiens got jobbed on that call. I can't stand their fans either, but they have a reason to complain there. 

Oh let the kid have his day.  Is it any more odd than us laughing at Ranger fans after they were so cocky at the end of the season? He has to live there.  Even Devil fans 'here' know how nutty Hab fans can get just from their yearly weekend invasion.

#258 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Oh let the kid have his day.  Is it any more odd than us laughing at Ranger fans after they were so cocky at the end of the season? He has to live there.  Even Devil fans 'here' know how nutty Hab fans can get just from their yearly weekend invasion.

I saw a Devs-Habs game up there 5 years ago too, those people bring wacko to another level lol. I mean, these are the same people who called the cops on Zdeno Chara for the Pacioretty hit. Think about that for a minute.

#259 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

I love going to Montreal because they love Brodeur and don't mind the Devils. Every time I walk through the city some French Canadian is like "Hey hey Martin Brodeur eh!'. I love it! Never had a problem going there and it was always a blast.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#260 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

I love going to Montreal because they love Brodeur and don't mind the Devils. Every time I walk through the city some French Canadian is like "Hey hey Martin Brodeur eh!'. I love it! Never had a problem going there and it was always a blast.

The Habs won the game I went to, so the fans were flexing the beer muscles afterwards lol. Walking back to my hotel, I had no less than 3 people tell me that the Devils 'sucked' and that the Habs were in 'first place' (this was March of 08, and we happened to somehow be battling them for first in the conference at that time). Most of them were cool, but there were definitely a few dipsh!ts that gave me no choice but to laugh at how lame they were.

Edited by MadDog2020, 07 May 2013 - 09:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users