1134 replies to this topic

#261 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

My first memories of watching hockey was catching the tail-end of the Islanders glory years so I rooted for the Islanders before I became a Devils fan in 87-88. I have no problems rooting for this Islanders team as an underdog against arguably the most universally hated team in the NHL right now.

If the Isles do end up pulling the upset heads will roll in Pittsburgh. I believe Sherro is safe but everybody else not named Crosby will be on the block especially with the cap going down.

Wow, I'm going to start sounding like Triumph, but it's a mistake to make decisions based on playoff performance. When it comes down to it, it's a small sample size, and it's almost no different than going on a three game losing streak in December. We saw it in reverse with Salvador getting a ridiculous contract based on playoff performance.

You have to judge a coach and player by the whole body of work. You make personnel decisions based on "clutchness", you end up overpaying for otherwise marginal players, selling low in good players, and firing a good coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#262 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Wow Habs choke-a-rama!

I'm here for the party

#263 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

God damn it's great to see Parise choke in the playoffs with someone else's jersey on. -2 in the biggest game yet for them and made big mistakes on both goals. Just a beauty to see

Forget the future, he's not worth 7.5M per now!

#264 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Wow, I'm going to start sounding like Triumph, but it's a mistake to make decisions based on playoff performance. When it comes down to it, it's a small sample size, and it's almost no different than going on a three game losing streak in December. We saw it in reverse with Salvador getting a ridiculous contract based on playoff performance. You have to judge a coach and player by the whole body of work. You make personnel decisions based on "clutchness", you end up overpaying for otherwise marginal players, selling low in good players, and firing a good coach. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This. Of course there'll be change but I don't think it'll be in the core (unless they can swap Fleury for someone who can play goal) nor the coach/GM. Unless Shero refuses to fire Bylsma or something.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#265 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,279 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Did our building sound that loud last year on tv at least?

I was lucky to make all 11 playoff home games last year and the Coliseum seems like it may have a small edge on us.

Just finished watching the 3rd. That place sounded like a madhouse. Good for the Isles and their fans. For the fans that have stuck around, they so badly deserve it. For the fans that didn't...good (they are sane), they deserve it as well. This is a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 20 years. Meanwhile, as Devils fan, we have enjoyed 3 Cups and 2 more Finals. So of course, everything that led to tonight...definitely made it as loud as a building can be.

I'm rooting for the Isles and not because they are playing Pittsburgh. It's a good story, and the Isles are geographic rivals to the Devils and nothing more. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#266 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,051 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

Through 4 playoff games, Parise has 1 point and is -6. That warms the cockles of my heart.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#267 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

Sharks-Canucks tied 3-3 end of the 3rd.  Good game. 

#268 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

Through 4 playoff games, Parise has 1 point and is -6. That warms the cockles of my heart.

It's just..delicious. Glad to see he's resumed his typical post season form.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#269 montec24

montec24

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Can't single out one borderline penalty call as the sole reason behind the Canucks demise but that call on Sedin was brutal.

#270 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I, for one, can't wait to watch the Canucks absolutely blow up this offseason.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#271 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,051 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Can't single out one borderline penalty call as the sole reason behind the Canucks demise but that call on Sedin was brutal.

al-trautwig-meltdown.jpg

Edited by MadDog2020, 08 May 2013 - 12:59 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#272 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

Go Sens Go! Re: Pens getting Iginla and Morrow was supposed to be the toughness they lacked last year. But Fleury is the weak link.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#273 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Just finished watching the 3rd. That place sounded like a madhouse. Good for the Isles and their fans. For the fans that have stuck around, they so badly deserve it. For the fans that didn't...good (they are sane), they deserve it as well. This is a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 20 years. Meanwhile, as Devils fan, we have enjoyed 3 Cups and 2 more Finals. So of course, everything that led to tonight...definitely made it as loud as a building can be.

I'm rooting for the Isles and not because they are playing Pittsburgh. It's a good story, and the Isles are geographic rivals to the Devils and nothing more. 

I'll be rooting for the Isles until they get eliminated. Great underdog story, and that team is young with a good future. For all the bitching about playoff mediocrity we have here (especially before last year), the Isles went a decade between home playoff wins, and as DR33 said here, it's been TWENTY YEARS since they won a SERIES. I hope they knock off Pittsburgh. Hell, if Nabokov can figure himself out, they may give the next round opponent a run for their money of they make it that far.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#274 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

I am so glad the Canucks are out. I hate them.

As a Wild fan, I knew the Blackhawks were going to dominate them. It just sucks not having Heatley, Pominville, or Backstrom. This series would have been good with them. Oh well.
I wouldn't be surprised if the penguins pickup lundqvist in 2 years and buy out fluerys last contract. He is god awful.

Bad calls during the sens game but I don't mind :)

Devils.

#275 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

I, for one, can't wait to watch the Canucks absolutely blow up this offseason.

Didn't have to wait long.  Seeing my friend go through this -- it take the edge off of missing the playoffs.  He's a location fan so he just wants them to move, get sold ANYTHING to get in an organization he can be proud of.  You'd think he was a Rangers fan the way he talks.  and it's messing up his work attitude too - like insult to injury.  poor dude. :saddevil:

I'm here for the party

#276 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Go Sens Go! Re: Pens getting Iginla and Morrow was supposed to be the toughness they lacked last year. But Fleury is the weak link.

"But why didn't Lou DO something?  He had SO MANY clutch guys he could have gotten" you all say to your computer screen in your whiney bitch voice

:giggle:  not directed at you Manta - you're words just provided the opportunity

I'm here for the party

#277 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Did our building sound that loud last year on tv at least?

I was lucky to make all 11 playoff home games last year and the Coliseum seems like it may have a small edge on us.

Not to take anything away from the fans...they were fantastic; but the Coliseum probably has the lowest roof of any professional building...sound has nowhere to go.  

#278 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

I am so glad the Canucks are out. I hate them.

As a Wild fan, I knew the Blackhawks were going to dominate them. It just sucks not having Heatley, Pominville, or Backstrom. This series would have been good with them. Oh well.
I wouldn't be surprised if the penguins pickup lundqvist in 2 years and buy out fluerys last contract. He is god awful.

Bad calls during the sens game but I don't mind :)

Agree, if I'm Ray Shero in Pittsburgh, I do everything I can to get rid of Fleury and land Lundqvist some way somehow.

#279 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

ixr9fq05WewiP.gif

believe-zubrus.jpg

#280 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach