1134 replies to this topic

#441 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Toronto is getting away with a lot of nonsense. The fix is in boys. The powers that be want a Pitt/NYR ECF.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#442 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

You know exactly what will happen in this game, the mattress will stop everything and a fluky Richards or Callahan goal will win it.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#443 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Or Asham :argh:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#444 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Or that.   Caps get overaggressive and don't backcheck for the 900th time in the series

#445 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

This team is so undeserving of Lundqvist, I am sick of it.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#446 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Rangers are gonna end up getting the sens in the conference finals....great

#447 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Watching the Boston game, should the OTHER score hold, Reimer could very well steal the next round. Boston's better than that OTHER team and he's playing solid.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#448 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

The Leafs are playing a hell of a game. Kessel has had a hell of a series, good for him.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#449 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Watching the Boston game, should the OTHER score hold, Reimer could very well steal the next round. Boston's better than that OTHER team and he's playing solid.

Boston's not better than the Rangers.  They should be, god knows they have more talent but Boston's come up small in the playoffs every year outside of the Tim Thomas-led Cup win.  It's time for Claude to go bye-bye there.

Lose Game 7 in OT at home against Carolina in 2009, lose Game 7 against the Flyers at home after a dual 3-0, 3-0 gagjob, lose another Game 7 in OT at home last year to the Caps, and now losing to the Leafs from up 3-1 with two of the last three at home, all series they were favored to win/should have won.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 May 2013 - 08:15 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#450 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Man the Caps suck. They just suck. Absolutely not showing up at home in a game 7, embarrassing.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#451 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Man the Caps suck. They just suck. Absolutely not showing up at home in a game 7, embarrassing.

WTF else is new?  They have a ways to go to match the 6-1 fiasco against the Pens in '09 yet.

#452 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Boston's not better than the Rangers.  They should be, god knows they have more talent but Boston's come up small in the playoffs every year outside of the Tim Thomas-led Cup win.  It's time for Claude to go bye-bye there.

Lose Game 7 in OT at home against Carolina in 2009, lose Game 7 against the Flyers after a dual 3-0, 3-0 gagjob, lose last year to the Caps, and now losing to the Leafs from up 3-1 with two of the last three at home.  

Well there was a Stanley Cup wedged between. The Bruins have a lot of issues right now, and I don't think that is a Julien problem. I think he is doing the best with a not-so-great team.

On another note...very happy the Leafs are going to move on. This is a very fun team to watch and so much easier to cheer for now that Burke is out of the picture.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#453 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

Game set match.

After last year Ottawa-Rangers and Devils-Florida these Game 7's have been utter garbage.

#454 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Well there was a Stanley Cup wedged between. The Bruins have a lot of issues right now, and I don't think that is a Julien problem. I think he is doing the best with a not-so-great team.

On another note...very happy the Leafs are going to move on. This is a very fun team to watch and so much easier to cheer for now that Burke is out of the picture.

Boston 'should' be one of the top three or four teams in the league for crying out loud, they have everything - PMD's, a big physical presence in Chara, a four-line forward core with talent and grit, goaltending.  Why they haven't done better over the last few years is mystifying really.  They play like a top team for long stretches then get bogged down late, especially the last couple years.  

WTF else is new?  They have a ways to go to match the 6-1 fiasco against the Pens in '09 yet.

Maybe I was wrong, they're closing in fast.

#455 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,342 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Pitt-Nyr ECF pretty much set in stone now. And Pittsburgh will annihilate them

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#456 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

I would say there is just as good a chance of seeing neither of these teams in the ECF.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#457 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well can probably count the Rags in for at least a conference finals berth. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#458 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

At this point I'll take that.  I know Ottawa plays them well but I can't see them beating the Rangers without Spezza and the other guys they lost if push came to shove there.  Toronto's too one-dimensional and is probably gassed to do any better than maybe go six with the Rangers, though the Rangers really don't beat anyone convincingly in the playoffs.

#459 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

People don't realize the Penguins are hot garbage? Pathetic coaching, defense, and goal tending.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#460 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

The Queen is awesome as usual. :(

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users