1134 replies to this topic

#901 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,857 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

I think we are discussing this if he is bought out.

Oh I see, right that'd make more sense :lol:  

I have to stand by what I said, but..if he could be had at 3m / year as a backup (which I doubt he could be) then I'd potentially be open to it

And wow, those jersey's....not a fan.  I love how the Devils' has stayed the same, for the most part, since the beginning. 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#902 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Nothing was wrong with the old Cane jerseys because they were DIFFERENT, now it is just blah. Dallas is good not great but much better then the ones they had,

believe-zubrus.jpg

#903 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Has there ever been any talks about changing ours?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#904 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Has there ever been any talks about changing ours?

No, and there won't be. Don't worry about it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#905 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

No, and there won't be. Don't worry about it.

Curious to see if they make something for the outdoor game, or just use the white retro jersey, that would be really cool.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#906 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

The video above is a save in Game 3 by Quick.  This was an elite save.  He pokes with his stick, but still has time to get his blocker up to make the save and as a goalie myself, I just saw this and was kind of in awe.  I think the NHL writers are making a big deal of it I think, calling it a series-changing save, but it's hard to deny that this is an elite save.  Crawford has been just as good in the series.  Phenominal save late in the 3rd and can't help but admire the talent put on display.

Edited by RizzMB30, 05 June 2013 - 01:07 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#907 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Aren't those Carolina jerseys pretty much like Phoenix jerseys, but with a different logo?

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#908 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

I really like the Dallas ones. I'm glad there's bright green in the NHL again. One thing I really enjoyed about watching games in the 80's and early 90's was that the teams all looked so different. Then it seemed like everyone was wearing black, red, or blue for a long time in the late 90's to mid 2000's. The Carolina ones... eh, they made them seem more bland. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#909 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Isn't MAF under contract at like 6m for multiple years?

Pretty expensive for a backup

Right, but the hypothetical we're discussing here is MAF has been bought out by PITT, giving us the opportunity to sign him at what could be a reasonable price. That's obviously unlikely, but it's the off-season and good threads are hard to come by right now, so what the hell.

#910 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Vokoun in nets for Pittsburgh tonight. Good decision.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#911 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Right, but the hypothetical we're discussing here is MAF has been bought out by PITT, giving us the opportunity to sign him at what could be a reasonable price. That's obviously unlikely, but it's the off-season and good threads are hard to come by right now, so what the hell.

I'd be in favor of it, but unfortunately the Devils have a legacy goaltender who needs to be a starter at all costs.  Fleury has been bad in the playoffs, but a new start somewhere would do him some good.  I think Pittsburgh sticks with him for at least another year, though - Vokoun's not the 'goalie of the future' there.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#912 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'd be in favor of it, but unfortunately the Devils have a legacy goaltender who needs to be a starter at all costs.  Fleury has been bad in the playoffs, but a new start somewhere would do him some good.  I think Pittsburgh sticks with him for at least another year, though - Vokoun's not the 'goalie of the future' there.

I don't see PITT really having another option. They got MAF on a deal for a years still, Vokoun is old, but obviously still a decent tender, so I can't see them making changes yet. Plus, with all the trades they made and lack of cap space, where are they going to find the money or assets to acquire another goalie? Unless, of course, PITT buys out MAF. Then things change.

#913 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

You can't put the blame all on Fleury. Pittsburgh is obviously an offense first team. I don't think Bylsma really knows what he's doing defensively.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#914 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

You can't put the blame all on Fleury. Pittsburgh is obviously an offense first team. I don't think Bylsma really knows what he's doing defensively.

You can put a lot of blame on Fleury. Some of the goals he's given up in the playoffs have been pretty terrible. With the way this place blows up about 'softies', Fleury's head would be on a stick outside the arena next summer.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#915 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

You can put a lot of blame on Fleury. Some of the goals he's given up in the playoffs have been pretty terrible. With the way this place blows up about 'softies', Fleury's head would be on a stick outside the arena next summer.

that made laugh..

#916 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yeah it's almost like the fans have seen well below average goaltending for the first half of every season over the last 3 years

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#917 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

When you're rocking an .883 SV% in the playoffs you're not exactly teflon.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#918 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

And look at some of the goals he's given up in the playoffs the last few years.  Just horrible softies that absolutely kill their momentum. 

I actually think the guy is extremely talented that could do well with a change of scenery.  However, nobody (except maybe the Flyers) is trading for him with 2 years left on his deal at $5-6 million per. 

Posted Image

#919 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm sure if he can get with a team that knows how to run a defense and a mentor who can help then MAF can get back to his better ways. Pittsburgh is always picked as winning the cup and there's such a spotlight on them with Crosby and others. Plus I've talked with Pitt fans and he's always the first to be scapegoated.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#920 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,857 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Letang is so bad defensively, sheesh.

I do love watching the Penguins lose though. So great.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users