1134 replies to this topic

#1041 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hell of a game!! And why any Devils fan was rooting for LA is beyond me. With that said, hats off to the Hawks. Well done.

Couldn't agree more.....not a true Devils fan maybe ?
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#1042 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hell of a game!! And why any Devils fan was rooting for LA is beyond me. With that said, hats off to the Hawks. Well done.

I don't get why any fan dislikes LA. If you are tired of them sure, but THEM beating the Devils in the finals was irrelevant to me. Only thing that mattered was the Devils losing. Besides, there wasn't one bit of hostility between the teams or the fans during the finals. It was pretty ho-hum. I respected LA for taking care of business. 

I'm happy the Blackhawks won, but it has nothing to do with the 2012 Finals.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1043 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

I hold nothing against LA. They played a great series against us. I was rooting for Chicago either way though. The final should be great. I'll be pulling for Chicago again but I think Boston might be too physical for them.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1044 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

I don't get why any fan dislikes LA. If you are tired of them sure, but THEM beating the Devils in the finals was irrelevant to me. Only thing that mattered was the Devils losing. Besides, there wasn't one bit of hostility between the teams or the fans during the finals. It was pretty ho-hum. I respected LA for taking care of business. 

Sorry to disagree,but most Devils fans would tell you they hate the Rangers,Canes,Flyers and Kings....Maybe you should start a thread asking for their opinions...I think you'll see I'm spot on.

#1045 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

I kept on saying it, too many Devil fans hate the Kings for dumb reasons. Sounds like a bunch of sore losers. I do not mind their team at all, they were clearly better in the Cup and I do like a bunch of their players, Quick Voynov Williams Richards etc. You guys make them relevant by complaining about their twitter or their weird fans. Of course they will have weird bandwagon fans who know nothing about hockey in LA LA land. They have no impact on my life or view on hockey whatsoever so who gives a hoot about them. I am glad that the Hawks won but wouldn't have cared if the Kings won.

Couldn't agree more.....not a true Devils fan maybe ?

One is not a true Devil fan because they don't hate the Kings?? Give me a break, I guess I should start hating Colorado too...

/rant

Edited by Zubie#8, 08 June 2013 - 11:43 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1046 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

For me it has more to do with Jeff Carter. I have disliked Carter ever since he nearly decapitated Anssi Salmela and while I agree he's a great player I'm glad his team lost. And yes, since they beat us last year quite handedly I was rooting against them. Also, their stupid fans irritated me by chanting "Marty" after it was clear we were losing Game 6.

That's my .02 cents.

#1047 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

I kept on saying it, too many Devil fans hate the Kings for dumb reasons. Sounds like a bunch of sore losers. I do not mind their team at all, they were clearly better in the Cup and I do like a bunch of their players, Quick Voynov Williams Richards etc. You guys make them relevant by complaining about their twitter or their weird fans. Of course they will have weird bandwagon fans who know nothing about hockey in LA LA land. They have no impact on my life or view on hockey whatsoever so who gives a hoot about them. I am glad that the Hawks won but wouldn't have cared if the Kings won.

One is not a true Devil fan because they don't hate the Kings?? Give me a break, I guess I should start hating Colorado too...

/rant

Guess I hit a nerve huh....hate who you want to....like who you want to....I'll stick with my opinions.

#1048 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

Seems like some people (not naming anyone) are more interested in being obsessed with the Rangers and now the Kings more than worrying about their own team. It gets worse every single year.

Edited by Zubie#8, 08 June 2013 - 11:55 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1049 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Guess I hit a nerve huh....hate who you want to....like who you want to....I'll stick with my opinions.

Lol, funny you say this now after questioning some fans loyalty over a dumb team like the Kings.  Whose loyalty should be questioned? The fan who is obsessed about wanting the Kings to lose, or the one who couldn't care less about them?? Easy answer.

Goodnight sir.

Edited by Zubie#8, 09 June 2013 - 12:08 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1050 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

I done hate la and i done have much reason to.

#1051 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

Lol, funny you say this now after questioning some fans loyalty over a dumb team like the Kings.  Who's loyalty should be questioned? The fan who is obsessed about wanting the Kings to lose, or the one who couldn't care less about them??

Goodnight sir.

Season ticket holder for 15 years,,,,was there in 95 to see them raise the first of 3 cups.Have boxes and boxes of Devils items from 1990-2005 that someday I'll pass down to my now grown children who are huge Devils fans like myself.

Where were you in 95?....Right....1st grade. I will forever hate the Rangers and their fans.The Flyers,Canes and Kings are right behind them.....Sorry YOUR team lost tonight....Maybe next year the Kings can win the cup for you again.

#1052 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

Where was I? Doesn't matter because I do not have to prove my loyalty like you just had to do. I only asked a very general question and you took the bait. Goodnight again sir, keep on digging that hole deeper as I sleep.

Edited by Zubie#8, 09 June 2013 - 12:23 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1053 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

Where was I? Doesn't matter because I do not have to prove my loyalty like you just had to do. I just asked a general question. Goodnight again sir, keep on digging that hole deeper as I sleep.

I'm always more then willing to prove my loyalty to my beloved Devils...True fans never have a problem doing it.

#1054 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

No Pia Toscano singing the national anthem = No Stanley Cup finals for LA.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#1055 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Great for Johnny Oduya, hope he gets a ring, but I have no problem with either team winning.

All the d-bags have been eliminated in my opinion......good final this year

Edited by hargsy, 09 June 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#1056 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm always more then willing to prove my loyalty to my beloved Devils...True fans never have a problem doing it.

Your more of a fan then someone else in here because you've been in attendance to witness all three cup wins since 95' ( so you say).. well thats interesting don't think that makes you more of a fan then anyone just says how old you are. Your more of a fan then someone else because our team got beat by a better faster stronger more skilled LA team in the final last year so your arguing with someone because you now hate that team because they out played ours? Listen i don't hate LA for beating us clearly the better team won thats how it goes in sports, however i did not want to see them have success this year, and they were stopped. None of this makes you more of a fan then anyone else as far as you can know someone on an Internet forum. Just because your a season ticket holder doesn't make you more of a fan then zubie8 or anyone else congratulations you live close enough to the arena and have a work schedule that allows you to commit to going to 42 home games every year.. if i didn't live an hour from the arena id be a sth too doesn't mean your anymore of a fan then Iam i still went to 9 home games in this past half a season, i still watched every single game on tv.. i still go out and continue investing my money in devils memorabilia.. your no more of a fan then anyone else here so take it down a notch.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1057 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Never said I was more of a fan....just a very loyal one.

#1058 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

well now that the hostility is dropped and everyone remembers why were all wasting our time on here... back to the playoffs.. LETS GO HAWKS =D
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1059 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

I used to not give one bit about the Western Conference - til we played the Kings and, yeah people can say what they want, but I don't like the way that series went down. It was like Hollywood finally had a chance to get a cup and they weren't going to miss out for anything, so it was like "people" made sure they got it in the end. That 5 min call toward the end of the last game was just the tip of the iceberg in bad calls that whole series...It was just nice to see the Kings on the losing end this time. Like with NBC so dumbfounded the Penguins could lose, they couldn't believe they got swept, let alone see players like Crosby perform sou lousy, they were like that with the Kings. The network is a network of frontrunners who pick a rising team and stick to them, and then are utterly shocked when "their pick" fails. Ever noticed we've never been their "pick"? (or should we even want to be?)

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#1060 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Good for Johnny Oduya and Claude Julian!

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users