#121 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Trade Lundqvist to Chicago.

Or to Tampa with JT Miller, for Tampa's first and Vasilevsky. The Rags with MacKinnon or Barkov. As good as Lunqvist is, the former scares me a lot more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#122 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Brandon Prust on Paul MacLean's comments regarding the hit on Eller: "We don't care what that bug-eyed, fat walrus has to say." Lmfao.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#123 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Rangers had no business being in OT today. They got severely outchanced and out played for most of the game. Queen stood on his head all game.
And with Parise, he's way too easy to shut down in the playoffs. I've said it many times, the only series he ever took over and dominated was the Tampa series in 2007
And just to clarify I wish Zach was still here. But he reminds me a lot of Joe Thornton in that he's great in the regular season and then average in the playoffs.

Edited by njd3b1ink, 04 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#124 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Pretty fascinating how Oates was our PP coach last year and half the forum wanted his head, while this year the Caps have the nr 1 ranked PP in the league. :o

Posted Image

#125 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Its official:  Verizon Center is the official House of Horrors for the Blue Shirts.

And watching the playoffs in general its amazing seeing the speed of teams against the Rangers (and even against the Devils for that matter).  Outside of Hagland and maybe Nash the Caps are skating circles around the Rangers.  Even in the other series of all teams Boston is now skating free.  What do these teams have in common?  Offensively gifted D-men who can skate and know how and when to pick their spots to jump into the play.

Another thing I'm sensing out of the Capitals is Oates has really gotten his guys to mature.  Green isn't a head-case, Ovie is leading and has turned around his defensive game.

#126 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

I know people misspell players names every once in a while but 'Hagland' = Hagelin? :ninja:

Edited by Zubie#8, 04 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#127 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Pretty fascinating how Oates was our PP coach last year and half the forum wanted his head, while this year the Caps have the nr 1 ranked PP in the league. :o

I'd argue the caps have a much more offensively gifted roster than the Devils do (did). That probably helps.

And re: being hypocritical about Parise...hell fvcking yeah, of course I am. There's no room for logic in some aspects of fanhood.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#128 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

I'm guessing Abdelkader gets suspended at least long enough to potentially not see the ice again these playoffs.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#129 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Its official:  Verizon Center is the official House of Horrors for the Blue Shirts.

And watching the playoffs in general its amazing seeing the speed of teams against the Rangers (and even against the Devils for that matter).  Outside of Hagland and maybe Nash the Caps are skating circles around the Rangers.  Even in the other series of all teams Boston is now skating free.  What do these teams have in common?  Offensively gifted D-men who can skate and know how and when to pick their spots to jump into the play.

Another thing I'm sensing out of the Capitals is Oates has really gotten his guys to mature.  Green isn't a head-case, Ovie is leading and has turned around his defensive game.

Yeah watching other games and especially playoffs makes it pretty obvious why the devils were not that great. Teams execute so fast, our d really killed us offensively. They always wait an extra second to make a play. They are not a big threat at all from the blueline and they dont rush the puck with speed. Cant wait to get some new guys in.

www.SterioDesign.com

#130 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

I know people misspell players names every once in a while but 'Hagland' = Hagelin? :ninja:

do I sense a convincing reason why you edited this post?? .. As in maybe you spelt his name wrong in the first place?!?

Tsk tsk...

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#131 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

St Louis vs La is can't miss TV.  I'm dragging today because I staid up to watch the end of that one last night.  Much like the Philly vs Pitt series was an awesome 1st round matchup to watch last year as someone who isn't a fan of either team, this is the one I'm working my schedule around to make sure i can watch.  

Regardless of the Game 1 gaffee, Jon Quick is unbelievable.  With his athleticism, he's one of the few goalies I don't think would miss a beat if they ever got the height of the goalie pads back to where they were in the 90's.  Hopefully we can ride him to a gold next winter.   (Side note:) Canada has to be worried that they're going to be lining up whoever their flavor of the week goalie is against the three best goalies in the world who could all single handedly knock them out of the tournament in Quick (USA), Lundqvist (Sweden) and Rinne (Finland).  

#132 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

do I sense a convincing reason why you edited this post?? .. As in maybe you spelt his name wrong in the first place?!?

Tsk tsk...

I had to add the quotation marks and the smiley! :giggle:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#133 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

That's always been their weak point since they started playing the way they do now, fast teams. They play a structured d, but if you're fast enough, you make it hard to stick to the plan, people will come out of position.

#134 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

The Coliseum looks absolutely electric! Reminds me of being at game 3 versus the Panthers last year before we blew that lead.

#135 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

The Coliseum looks absolutely electric! Reminds me of being at game 3 versus the Panthers last year before we blew that lead.

doesn't help that MAF is trying to singlehandedly recreate the PHI series from last year

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#136 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

It's really fun watching games at the Coliseum during the playoffs

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#137 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Go Fishsticks.....get sh!tsburg on the golf course .
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#138 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Good for the islanders! I'm happy for them, they deserve it.

#139 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Man I'm bad luck. Gonna go hibernate now.

#140 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

I am semi watching the Isles game and doing laundry it was 4-2 Pittsburgh and now I am back and it is 4-4

The Isles have offered exciting hockey this season, good management.

I want Boston to win but will add the Isles to the list.

Who would have thought the Isles over the the Devils? Good job Lou?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users