Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Good Lord is Grabner fast.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#142 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I am semi watching the Isles game and doing laundry it was 4-2 Pittsburgh and now I am back and it is 4-4

The Isles have offered exciting hockey this season, good management.

I want Boston to win but will add the Isles to the list.

Who would have thought the Isles over the the Devils? Good job Lou?

A decade of high first round picks can do that for you. Or you can harp on the devils some more. Whichever.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 05 May 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#143 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

I am semi watching the Isles game and doing laundry it was 4-2 Pittsburgh and now I am back and it is 4-4

The Isles have offered exciting hockey this season, good management.

I want Boston to win but will add the Isles to the list.

Who would have thought the Isles over the the Devils? Good job Lou?

Always adding your cheap shots....would love see your posts for the...YEARS...we won the cup....Wondering if your big mouth was all over Lou's A$$
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#144 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Such garbage. Penguins got owned in the 3rd and OT, and manage to somehow draw a penalty (Off Crosby's back of course) and then steal one on the PP.

Although they did hit the post twice in the 3rd, so who knows. Damn Penguins.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 05 May 2013 - 02:16 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#145 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,938 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

That's a bad job by the refs. You want to take Strait off for a hold, that's fine. Good call. But it was pretty clear to me that Crosby more than embellished. He dove. And the Isles got hosed

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#146 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Islander fans will say they got jobbed, but that was a legit penalty. Can't do that in overtime.

But they've exposed Pittsburgh. If the isles don't take them out, whoever they play next round will.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#147 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Good Lord is Grabner fast.

I can second this.

That's a bad job by the refs. You want to take Strait off for a hold, that's fine. Good call. But it was pretty clear to me that Crosby more than embellished. He dove. And the Isles got hosed

Agreed, that was definitely a softee.  That Crosby just never ceasing to amaze 

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#148 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Crosby went down awfully easy.

I hate that penalty though. Any time the inside guy gets position, all he has to do is lean into the defending player, and then fall down. Guaranteed PP for your team. It's just stupid.

The call and the dive should be called in most scenarios.

believe-ll.jpg

#149 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Islander fans will say they got jobbed, but that was a legit penalty. Can't do that in overtime.

But they've exposed Pittsburgh. If the isles don't take them out, whoever they play next round will.

Yea you cant hold, you're right.  But you cant look at that and say Crosby didn't go down pretty easily

#150 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

this will be the first game i've watched from start to end with Parise as a Wild.  

I know I'm months behind everyone else here, but uhhhh wow its weird seeing him in that jersey

#151 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,938 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Crosby who probably has the best drive and leg strength in the league just flat out stopped skating, jumped up and flat on his butt. Pretty clear

But the Pens look pretty horrible defensively. And Fleury stinks (so does Nabokov)

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#152 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yea you cant hold, you're right. But you cant look at that and say Crosby didn't go down pretty easily

He definitely did. He dives worse than anyone, but strait has to know he'll get the call in that situation. Crosby pretty much will always get that call.

#153 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

I am semi watching the Isles game and doing laundry it was 4-2 Pittsburgh and now I am back and it is 4-4 The Isles have offered exciting hockey this season, good management. I want Boston to win but will add the Isles to the list. Who would have thought the Isles over the the Devils? Good job Lou?

When you get to draft in the top ten every year, and get your best player by virtue of having the number 1 pick, eventually you'll manage to get into the playoffs.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am semi watching the Isles game and doing laundry it was 4-2 Pittsburgh and now I am back and it is 4-4 The Isles have offered exciting hockey this season, good management. I want Boston to win but will add the Isles to the list. Who would have thought the Isles over the the Devils? Good job Lou?

When you get to draft in the top ten every year, and get your best player by virtue of having the number 1 pick, eventually you'll manage to get into the playoffs.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#154 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

It was a two-handed hold, gotta call it.   Crosby just made everyone look bad afterwards by going to his ass for no reason.

The bad blown call was on the over the top breakaway pass to Grabner.   Played with a high stick, possibly played by another high stick, and the Pens ended up with the puck.   Huh?   Should have been blown dead for an Isles offensive zone faceoff.

#155 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,974 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

The ref gave so much time for Streit to let him go, but he wouldn't. There is no case to be made that that play is not a penalty. He was holding him with two friggen hands. 

Also, when are the Pens just going to give up on Fleury? Shame the Isles couldn't get one good shot on him in the OT. He continues to be simply awful. They have a solid enough backup. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 05 May 2013 - 02:59 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#156 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

It was a two-handed hold, gotta call it. Crosby just made everyone look bad afterwards by going to his ass for no reason.

The bad blown call was on the over the top breakaway pass to Grabner. Played with a high stick, possibly played by another high stick, and the Pens ended up with the puck. Huh? Should have been blown dead for an Isles offensive zone faceoff.

And I could not understand why the commentators were lauding that "defensive effort" instead of pointing out what is on replay a clear rules violation and blown call.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#157 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Parise just scored in the playoffs......everyone get in your shelters, I think the apocalypse is coming...

#158 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

I may catch some flack for it (probably should since it is a Devils board) but I still enjoy watching Parise play the game. Love his work ethic and hockey sense. I still have mixed emotions on him leaving but I'm not angry at him. Sure the Devils would've made the playoffs with him here but at least they aren't stuck with his insane contract. At least I can still cheer for him in international play. He's always been solid and clutch for the US team.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#159 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,988 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I may catch some flack for it (probably should since it is a Devils board) but I still enjoy watching Parise play the game. Love his work ethic and hockey sense. I still have mixed emotions on him leaving but I'm not angry at him. Sure the Devils would've made the playoffs with him here but at least they aren't stuck with his insane contract. At least I can still cheer for him in international play. He's always been solid and clutch for the US team.

Zach Parise can eat a bag of dicks. Period.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#160 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,988 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Nice job Crawford.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users