61 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Pointless to include Henrique in any of these potential deals....he is going to be a quality player for us for some time....

The point is to SUPPLEMENT our forwards, not give one away to get another back...

They're going to want a forward who has a good chance to help them right away...one who's young and inexpensive.  Gotta give something up to get something back. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I think the Sabres do that deal in a second. 

they would - it's a ridiculous overpayment.

hell, henrique and urbom would be a great return for them. henrique is cost controlled for another 5 years and urbom's a baby.

again - vanek has one more year of team control and a very high salary. i'd like him as much as the next guy but i don't think the devils are in a position to give what is necessary.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#23 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

are you kidding?? adding Henrique in that deal is insane. I probably wouldn't even want to see it happen.  You gotta keep Henrique.  The only thing we can really afford to get rid of is our D man.  Our picks should make up for us not trading one of our forwards.

look at last years stats:

Henrique finished with 51 points and Vanek finished with 61.  Theres no way I would give up Henrique, we would be the losers

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#24 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Call me crazy, but I think we saw the real Henrique this year (albeit with some increased bad luck). I think Parise and Kovalchuk made him a much better player last year.

I'm a fan of selling high, and I honestly think Henrique's value is as high as it's going to get right now. If you could bring in Vanek with a condition relating to an extension, I'd do it in a heart beat.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#25 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Call me crazy, but I think we saw the real Henrique this year (albeit with some increased bad luck). I think Parise and Kovalchuk made him a much better player last year.

I'm a fan of selling high, and I honestly think Henrique's value is as high as it's going to get right now. If you could bring in Vanek with a condition relating to an extension, I'd do it in a heart beat.

I considered that maybe this year was the real Henrique, but everyone had a down year this year.  I don't think that we have the assets for Vanek.  Bad idea.  He's injury prone too.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#26 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

hard to say about Henrique, he played majority of his time with Zach and no one work harder and gives trouble to the other team with or without the puck than Zach. But Henrique did well and scored his biggest goals with Zach on the bench too. He can handle himself he just need time.

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 April 2013 - 07:09 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#27 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

hard to say about Henrique, he played majority of his time with Zach and no one work harder and gives trouble to the other team with or without the puck than Zach. But Henrique did well and scored his biggest goals with Zach on the bench too. He can handle himself he just need time.

I remember for a good portion of last year, a lot of people though Zach was the third man on that line. Henrique wasn't being carried last year by Parise (except maybe in driving possession). That's revisionist history. Being on that line probably upped his assists but to say he was being carried by Zach (you're not but I'm sure some think it) is revisionist history

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#28 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

At the start of the Season henrique was on fire... he scores a lot of goals and then it disapears... at the same time our team didnt score...

Anyway dont trade him for vanek.... Lou wouldnt move it anyway...

The only thing i can see is a deal around tendenby, Urbom or josefson if buffalo are interest (not sure it a good idea about josefson... he still young and i believe he play really well at the end of the season....) maybe in couple of year he could pulls of 20 goals per season...) I still belive in jacob!

For tedenby.... i just dont knpow what to think about him... Tough to predict if he could become a top 6 forward... size is the matter... and the way he handle... he is a small guy playing like a small guy wich is not a good sign. 

For Urbom, i dont see him enough in the NHL to evaluate him correctly.

#29 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

At the start of the Season henrique was on fire... he scores a lot of goals and then it disapears... at the same time our team didnt score...

Anyway dont trade him for vanek.... Lou wouldnt move it anyway...

The only thing i can see is a deal around tendenby, Urbom or josefson if buffalo are interest (not sure it a good idea about josefson... he still young and i believe he play really well at the end of the season....) maybe in couple of year he could pulls of 20 goals per season...) I still belive in jacob!

For tedenby.... i just dont knpow what to think about him... Tough to predict if he could become a top 6 forward... size is the matter... and the way he handle... he is a small guy playing like a small guy wich is not a good sign. 

For Urbom, i dont see him enough in the NHL to evaluate him correctly.

I put Tedenby in any potential deal without hesitation.  He will never be an NHL caliber play IMO.  He is too small, and lacks overall hockey IQ.  I would not trade Henrique unless we were making a blockbuster move

They're going to want a forward who has a good chance to help them right away...one who's young and inexpensive.  Gotta give something up to get something back. 

Giving up Henrique would not be wise in that deal

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

I put Tedenby in any potential deal without hesitation.  He will never be an NHL caliber play IMO.  He is too small, and lacks overall hockey IQ.  I would not trade Henrique unless we were making a blockbuster move

Re:  Tedenby & Josefson...Devils fans need to stop thinking other teams would want those guys in a trade that brings back a good player for the Devils.  Tedenby has no trade value.  Josefson may have some, but not much...he can't score and is a bit delicate to boot.  Buffalo isn't interested in getting fleeced, and that's all Devils fans who want to build a trade package around those players are trying to do.  Crap quantity for quality.   

Henrique is a bit of an "if" at this point, especially offensively.  Vanek has at least shown he can be solid offensively over a number of seasons in the NHL.  It's up in the air, as to whether or not Henrique can do the same.  At any rate, I don't think he's some kind of untouchable.  Sure, it would be a risk (especially if Vanek were to be a rental only), but I'm not convinced Henrique is some sure-fire NHL can't miss.   

This isn't going to happen anyway, so it's pretty much a moot point. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

I considered that maybe this year was the real Henrique, but everyone had a down year this year.  I don't think that we have the assets for Vanek.  Bad idea.  He's injury prone too.

Injury prone? What are you basing that on? Since he debuted in 05: 81, 82, 82, 73, 71, 80, 78, 38 (this season as its shortened) games played each year. He's missed double digit games once. That's pretty damn good for a forward who plays like Vanek. If thats injury prone, than Kovalchuk is made of glass.

I think some in this thread are overrating Henrique incredibly right now. I don't disagree that he has the potential to be a very good, maybe even a great player, but if a deal came up right now where it would take Henrique to get a player of Vanek's calibur now, it has to be considered. IMO the only player off the table in terms of trade is Larsson and Kovy to a lesser extent. Anyone else I'd be willing to listen on if it got us an all-star level player.

Id consider moving both the #9 pick and Henrique if it got us a player like a Vanek or Patrick Kane.

Edited by ghdi, 30 April 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#32 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Injury prone? What are you basing that on? Since he debuted in 05: 81, 82, 82, 73, 71, 80, 78, 38 (this season as its shortened) games played each year. He's missed double digit games once. That's pretty damn good for a forward who plays like Vanek. If thats injury prone, than Kovalchuk is made of glass.

I think some in this thread are overrating Henrique incredibly right now. I don't disagree that he has the potential to be a very good, maybe even a great player, but if a deal came up right now where it would take Henrique to get a player of Vanek's calibur now, it has to be considered. IMO the only player off the table in terms of trade is Larsson and Kovy to a lesser extent. Anyone else I'd be willing to listen on if it got us an all-star level player.

Id consider moving both the #9 pick and Henrique if it got us a player like a Vanek or Patrick Kane.

I withdraw my statement, I have a buddy who is a huge sabres fan, and whenever we talk hockey, it seems like Vanek was always hurt.  Didn't back up my statement with actual facts.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#33 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Everything you've said is evidence of why no team would give us anything valuable for Tedenby in a trade.

Edited by DJ Eco, 30 April 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#34 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Everything you've said is evidence of why no team would give us anything valuable for Tedenby in a trade.

Always cracks me up when a fan says "This guy can't do this, can't do that, will never be any good, so let's include him in a trade that nets us a good-to-great player in return."

Pretty simple:  if a fan can see that a guy isn't very good, then guess what?  GMs will see that too. 

#30 FOREVER!

#35 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

re: Henrique, at the very least, it's inconclusive what his future holds.  He looks like he'll definitely stick in the NHL, but it's hard to say how good he will be.  In 585 GP, Vanek has averaged 35 goals per 82 game block.  Not saying goals are everything, but does anyone think Henrique ever touches that kind of production over the long term? 

#30 FOREVER!

#36 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Tedenby is not worth much of anything right now. It's useless bringing him up in any discussion of a significant trade.

#37 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

re: Henrique, at the very least, it's inconclusive what his future holds.  He looks like he'll definitely stick in the NHL, but it's hard to say how good he will be.  In 585 GP, Vanek has averaged 35 goals per 82 game block.  Not saying goals are everything, but does anyone think Henrique ever touches that kind of production over the long term? 

I don't think Henrique is the type of player that will have Vanek's consistency, but I think Henrique will be a long term player in the NHL at the very least. Its just what his projection is. I don't think he's going to be an elite player though.The one area I hesitate on is Vanek's contract situation, but if Buffalo comes at me with the #9 and Henrique for Vanek and we can somehow get the contract sorted just prior to or just after the deal being done, I do it. Vanek is a comparable player to Zach. If I can somehow pull an extra draft pick or dump a Volchenkov in the process, it's an even better move. The only way I move this pick is with a deal for a player of this caliber.

Edited by ghdi, 30 April 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,905 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Ugh, no.  The 9th overall pick should only be moved for other picks or for very, very young players.  Henrique, yeah, as I think his value is near peak and if he comes back with a 35 point/82 game season next year, everyone knows what he is and there's not much room for deception.  I'd be willing to move him a lot of places - if NJ could sign an LW, deal Henrique for an RW (or vice versa), I'd feel just fine about Clarkson getting the boot.

No, but Vanek won't touch Henrique's PK ability either.  I'm wary about players like Vanek - the last one we got like that isn't lighting up the league offensively either.  And of course he doesn't drive play - something which, given how good the rest of the team was at that skill, I'm willing to overlook, but not if the guy's going to get paid a ton of money.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#39 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I agree with you on Henrique. I think the #9 should/could be in play, but thats more me thinking "win right now". I see where you're coming from on not trading it and its beginning to dawn on me that we're probably not going to be winning another Cup with Brodeur.

#40 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Vanek & Miller for our #1 this year, Loktionov, Matteau, Clarkson & Harold, but the deal is contingent on Vanek & miller signing new deals...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users