61 replies to this topic

#41 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Lokti has big upside in my opinion, and annoying bast@rds like Clarkson are always good to have. I don't think we can realistically afford Vanek. Now Miller, if we could get a 3 year extension for maybe 11-12 tops, I'd be up for the one year 6.5MIL hit he gets next year if he is around to play until one of the kid goalies either proves himself or we get someone long term if they don't.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#42 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Vanek & Miller for our #1 this year, Loktionov, Matteau, Clarkson & Harold, but the deal is contingent on Vanek & miller signing new deals...

Put down the hookah and slowly back away red. Clarkson and Harrold are UFAs this summer, Loktionov is an RFA, and there is no way to put in a contingency based on contract signings. Now if you were to say trade Harris Pesonen for Tony Amonte straight up, I'd say that the Flames might be willing to make that deal.....

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#43 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Vanes? Nice , but not happening Lou stays away from players like him, unless JVB gets involved which I think would give Lou a stroke! Jeff lets be easy on Lou!no Kovy money we don't have it .... Lol

#44 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Ilike to Dream BIG....

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#45 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Vanek & Miller for our #1 this year, Loktionov, Matteau, Clarkson & Harold, but the deal is contingent on Vanek & miller signing new deals...

do we want miller that badly?? A little inconsistent for me

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#46 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Red - you have to know better than this. Clarkson and Harrold are UFA.

Furthermore, I dont deal #9, loktionov and matteau for miller and vanek. Minimum those two are making $11/ year in 14/15

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#47 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Red - you have to know better than this. Clarkson and Harrold are UFA.

Furthermore, I dont deal #9, loktionov and matteau for miller and vanek. Minimum those two are making $11/ year in 14/15

thought Clarkson was an RFA, but honestly I was just throwing names out there...

He is certainly better than any options we have after Marty leaves, plus the team in front of him is terrible, he would be a stud in NJ...

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#48 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'm sure buffalo would ask for a goalie prospect in return if they were to give up miller

#49 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

He's easily a top 3 goalie in the league if he were playing with a better system and more skilled defense.

#50 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Top five goalies imo the five elite. Luongo. Lundqvist. Howard. Rinne. Quick.
Not taking in right now or new ones like tukka or bob. I want to put Anderson on their but I Dont feel he's tht tier. Yet.

#51 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Not taking in right now or new ones like tukka or bob. I want to put Anderson on their but I Dont feel he's tht tier. Yet.

I think lundqvist is a top 5 or 10 goalie, but I will say that many people who are actually goalies will tell you he's not that great. I've heard from many people that he relies way to much on his size (big pads) and positioning, rather than skill and athleticism. Quick seems to be the goalie many young goaltenders want to be like.

#52 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

I think lundqvist is a top 5 or 10 goalie, but I will say that many people who are actually goalies will tell you he's not that great. I've heard from many people that he relies way to much on his size (big pads) and positioning, rather than skill and athleticism. Quick seems to be the goalie many young goaltenders want to be like.

Yeah thanks that and they have three goalies constantly that whole defense plays goalie.

#53 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

I'd disagree on Lundqvist and Howard...putting Howard there is like saying James Reimer is elite

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#54 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Howard?!?!?!?! Agree with the others, but Howard is likely not even top 15 imo.
Posted Image

#55 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Idk who else to put. Fluery? Hell no. Price ? Same. Maybe backstrom?

#56 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Back to the old-school butterfly/stand-up debate, I'm curious how effective Quick can play the way he plays, I'd imagine it strains the legs and muscles to play like that for many years.

#57 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Howard?!?!?!?! Agree with the others, but Howard is likely not even top 15 imo.

How is howard not in there? Did you see the defense Detroit ran out this year? 

And the Lundqvist hate is kinda embarrassing. Yeah you can think he's not the best, that's fine, but for some to say he's not top 5 or even 10 just makes you look biased more than anything. Though Bob's winning the Vezina this year and should probably win the hart  :boogie:

Guys like Rask, Price, even Reimer based on this season, along w/ Bob have to be considered for the top 10 though. And Quick I'd probably still take in the top 5 but his season this year was bad news bears off the back surgery

Edited by DH26, 04 May 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#58 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

i think the best scenario would be the rags trading their first round pick and stepan for a year of vanek to torpedo their improving team. 

Back to the old-school butterfly/stand-up debate, I'm curious how effective Quick can play the way he plays, I'd imagine it strains the legs and muscles to play like that for many years.

Yes, it is well known that butterflies have a considerable shorter career due to the strain the hips and knees take from dropping down violently. It's probably why Brodeur is so healthy for so long.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#59 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

It is absurd that some people still Wong consider Lundqvist a top 3 goalie in the league.

I know we hate the rangers but c'mon, when you talk hockey- talk smart. He continues to blank other teams ALL THE TIME.

Quick, Rinne, & Miller haven't done that consistently all year. The Queen hasn't had stellar players in front of him either.

Even if your argument was his pads (which is such a rivals point of view) than why aren't other goalies doing it.

Tryst me, i hate him. But face it, he's a top 3 goalie. If you don't agree than you have to be considered a homer

#60 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

my top 5 goalies, in no peticular order, Lundquist, Rinne, Quick, Miller & Rask.

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users