61 replies to this topic

#61 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm sure buffalo would ask for a goalie prospect in return if they were to give up miller

Why would Buffalo want another goalie prospect when they have Hackett? Isn't he supposed to be pretty good? Not to mention you have Enroth waiting for his shot to be a starter in the NHL.

I love to trade for both Vanek and Miller but getting both I'd say is completely unrealistic. We'd be lucky to get Vanek. Haha. I also don't think the return for a potential Vanek deal should be anything too huge. Look at what a player like Kovy fetched. Same boat as Vanek and I'd argue that Kovalchuk is 10x the player as Vanek.

Edited by TheMazz, 06 May 2013 - 11:27 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#62 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

I think the lust for Miller is the assumption that after this upcoming season at 6.5 mil his price will drop to maybe 3.5~5.0 per. He'd also be good (you'd assume) for 3 or 4 more years @ 60 or so games per year, too. Let's say 3 :) Not sure of the whole story around Halak in St. Louis but obviously he's sitting and both of their guys are getting 3.5 or so per year as well, so Halak might be just as easy to pry loose. I don't think Halak has played more than 50 games twice though, so with him you really would need to think hard about who gets maybe half the games. Would be good for the kids if they're ready, but maybe not for the team. Miller just screams 'safe bet for the next 4 years' in my opinion.

And Lundquist is definitely top 5 material, even without a single 40 win season and those couch cushions.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users