Photo

Who do you think the Devils will draft?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Devils 2013 draft selection (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think the Devils will select?

1. Sean Monahan (22 votes [33.85%])

Percentage of vote: 33.85%

2. Elias Lindholm (8 votes [12.31%])

Percentage of vote: 12.31%

3. Nikita Zaradov (1 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

4. Hunter Shinkaruk (22 votes [33.85%])

Percentage of vote: 33.85%

5. Bo Horvat (1 votes [1.54%])

6. Curtis Lazar (3 votes [4.62%])

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

7. Valeri Nichushkin (7 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

8. Darnell Nurse (1 votes [1.54%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

http://hfboards.hock...1&postcount=195

This was posted on the HF forum and I thought it was an entertaining post.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#42 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'm waiting till I get Hockey Prospect's Black Book (by far the best draft publication imo) and Future Consideration's Draft Guide before I form any final opinions on the prospects. At this moment I think they'll have a shot at getting a solid forward like Monahan, Lindholm, or Shinkaruk - with my bet on Shinkaruk being the one available. I'm not interested in them taking a defenseman because of the depth they already have there. I'm a huge Lazar fan but would only take him if it meant trading back in the 1st round and also acquiring a high 2nd in the process. Nichushkin is intriguing but I'm remaining neutral on him until I read mutliple game reports on him from the scouts at HP and FC. That will make or break my opinion on him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#43 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Thoughts on the Devils using their pick in the last round on Marty's son?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#44 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

I like Nichushkin

believe-zubrus.jpg

#45 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

I'd rather spend the 6th rounder on a real prospect. He's not going to get drafted this year or next year as an overager. Hopefully for him he can end up playing at a D1 school and then maybe the Devils keep up with the whole signing family to minor league deals - but I'd imagine he would be an ECHL'er at best.

Out of all of Brodeur's kids, Jeremy seems like the only one who will have a real shot. I'd love to see him play in the OHL.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#46 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm hoping Conte goes for someone that is a sharpshooter, and opposed to just a good two way player. I don't want to have a team of Travis Zajac's. Someone a lil more "Kessel" like. Wouldn't hurt if he was a lil arrogant too. Not sure of top ten prospects who fits that description.
I'd like to see a Jeff Skinner type. (speed-goods hand around the net.)However, if If Darnell Nurse is still around, he'd be great pick up too.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#47 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

I'm hoping Conte goes for someone that is a sharpshooter, and opposed to just a good two way player. I don't want to have a team of Travis Zajac's. Someone a lil more "Kessel" like. Wouldn't hurt if he was a lil arrogant too. Not sure of top ten prospects who fits that description.
I'd like to see a Jeff Skinner type. (speed-goods hand around the net.)However, if If Darnell Nurse is still around, he'd be great pick up too.

if you want a Skinner type it's Shinkaruk you want

www.SterioDesign.com

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Not unless Marty's son can legitimately play in the NHL one day, which by all accounts that I've heard he can't. So... No.

Edited by MadDog2020, 01 May 2013 - 10:42 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#49 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

i wonder if we should take a chance with Jordan Subban in the 2nd round, but with mtl picking 4th and 6th in the 2nd and then their own 2nd pick wherever they end up i can't see them not taking a chance and picking him

www.SterioDesign.com

#50 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,740 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm waiting till I get Hockey Prospect's Black Book (by far the best draft publication imo) and Future Consideration's Draft Guide before I form any final opinions on the prospects. At this moment I think they'll have a shot at getting a solid forward like Monahan, Lindholm, or Shinkaruk - with my bet on Shinkaruk being the one available. I'm not interested in them taking a defenseman because of the depth they already have there. I'm a huge Lazar fan but would only take him if it meant trading back in the 1st round and also acquiring a high 2nd in the process. Nichushkin is intriguing but I'm remaining neutral on him until I read mutliple game reports on him from the scouts at HP and FC. That will make or break my opinion on him.

He was real good during the Super Series earlier in the year and his shots/game numbers are pretty impressive given his KHL ice time (the KHL, unlike silly leagues like the OHL and WHL, actually publish shot data).

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#51 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Shinkaruk or Monahan, whichever is available at 9 grab 'em Lou.
25smul5.png

#52 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Really a question for anyone . . . how many spots down do you think the Devils could move in exchange for  a first round pick next year?  If Lou/Conte see a player they really want who will make it to 18 or lower, it might be a possibility.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#53 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

If you want a good sharpshooter, look at the videos of Monahan and Nichushkin. Those two can snipe from the top of the circles and hit the corners from all angles. Shinkaruk's highlights are mostly of goals tipped, tapped, and maneuvered. He's got a couple of sniper goals, but most of his goals seem to come from within 10 feet.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#54 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

True story: I actually pulled out this autographed Hunter Shinkaruk jersey card. I had no clue we would be in the running for drafting him. I ended up flipping it for $100 but if I knew what I knew now I might have held onto it...

n2eg.jpg

#55 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

If you want a good sharpshooter, look at the videos of Monahan and Nichushkin. Those two can snipe from the top of the circles and hit the corners from all angles. Shinkaruk's highlights are mostly of goals tipped, tapped, and maneuvered. He's got a couple of sniper goals, but most of his goals seem to come from within 10 feet.

Shinkrauk sounds like a Parise type of player

Edited by sokar, 01 May 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#56 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Shinkrauk sounds like a Parise type of player

at least he dont cost cost 7,5 millions per year aver two decade

#57 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

yet

#58 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

TSN's draft preview thing said Shinkaruk has a really nice shot, so let's not pigeonhole him as an elite garbageman just because of some Youtube highlights.

http://lastwordonspo...yer-profile-11/

Shinkaruk has  a tremendous wrist shot and excellent release, particularly when coming in on a rush off the left wing.  His shot is very accurate, and heavy, and the release fools goalies leading to the puck being behind them before they know what happened.  He also has a knack for finding the open areas of the ice and taking an excellent one-timer.

Not that any website is right or wrong on things, but there are at least a few people touting that Shinkaruk can really shoot well.

This is the video of Craig Button's take:

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#59 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

No but if he develop into a top player for us how much you think he's gonna get then? thats the reality now if you want top players. is that NJ's plan to try to get the best out of a player until he reach his prime and UFA status and then let him go? haha

Edited by SterioDesign, 01 May 2013 - 04:18 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#60 Deek_1969

Deek_1969

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Nich or Monahan!

[size=5][color=#FF0000]The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users