108 replies to this topic

#21 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

So despite the fact that we know players have been punished for leaving Sweden as juniors you know for a fact Larsson isn't getting punished for the same thing the first time the country has a chance to do so? I don't buy it.

I did say he would be on the team if he was enormously better than the other players, but since he isn't they get to extract their punishment without hurting their own team.

We know they've punished players in the past to teach future players a lesson, so this would just be a continuation of a policy we already know has been put in place.

If you go on the WC subforum on HF, a lot of posters who have knowledge of the SEL say Larsson would be the 3rd or 4th dman on their team. I'd hope the Swedish federation wouldn't keep him off based on something so petty. Although, I could see this lighting a fire under Larsson's ass

Edited by SMantzas, 01 May 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#22 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

If you go on the WC subforum on HF, a lot of posters who have knowledge of the SEL say Larsson would be the 3rd or 4th dman on their team. I'd hope the Swedish federation wouldn't keep him off based on something so petty. Although, I could see this lighting a fire under Larsson's ass

The thing that Larsson lacks in my opinion, is that physical presence. He makes up for it usually with his puck positioning. He's good, but I think he's been overhyped from the get go. He needs to develop into the player we are all hoping he can be.
Put food on my family

#23 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

So despite the fact that we know players have been punished for leaving Sweden as juniors you know for a fact Larsson isn't getting punished for the same thing the first time the country has a chance to do so?  I don't buy it.

I did say he would be on the team if he was enormously better than the other players, but since he isn't they get to extract their punishment without hurting their own team.

We know they've punished players in the past to teach future players a lesson, so this would just be a continuation of a policy we already know has been put in place.

You do realise they asked Larsson to come play in the WJC in his rookie season? And the Devils said 'no'? This was a hot issue 3 years ago, it isn't in 2013. Pär Mårts, a former WJC coach, is the coach. He's a juniors guy with a penchant for young players. Not Tommy Boustedt or someone else from the league or hockey association.

He's not in because he's not good enough. The D has been great in the last EHT tournament where the team humbled the (pretty stacked) Czechs and Russians. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Oh right, you mean they asked their would-be best defenseman if his NHL team, which was using him for 20 minutes a game at that point, if he could leave that team to play in a junior hockey tournament.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Landeskog didn't play either and they aren't holding it against him

#26 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Landeskog didn't play either and they aren't holding it against him

yeah but Landeskog is REALLY good... larsson is just good

www.SterioDesign.com

#27 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Oh right, you mean they asked their would-be best defenseman if his NHL team, which was using him for 20 minutes a game at that point, if he could leave that team to play in a junior hockey tournament.

Obviously that isn't the point - the point is that there is no grudge.

#28 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Tallinder in somewhat of a beastmode vs Czechs now. Goal, jumping into the play and drawing calls.

#29 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Tallinder in somewhat of a beastmode vs Czechs now. Goal, jumping into the play and drawing calls.

i hope some GMs are watching lol perfect trade bait

www.SterioDesign.com

#30 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Aaaaand now he took a 2+10 penalty with a minute left in a 2-1 game for checking to the head. Really an bullsh1t IIHF-rule call.

#31 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Kovy with a hat trick vs Germany!

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#32 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

why can't he score here? smh

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#33 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

why can't he score here? smh

It's Germany though. How many NHLers are on Germany?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#34 D88

D88

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Kovy is playing on a line with Loktionov and Alexander Radulov (former Nashville Predator). The Line is +5 trough 2 GP so far. Maybe Kovy and Lokti can build some chemistry that will help us next year. If Loktionov gets resigned.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice is also great, and would suffice.
Robert Frost

#35 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Kovy is playing on a line with Loktionov and Alexander Radulov (former Nashville Predator). The Line is +5 trough 2 GP so far. Maybe Kovy and Lokti can build some chemistry that will help us next year. If Loktionov gets resigned.

Thanks for that update, I love that Loktionov is getting more experience with Kovalchuk.

NBCSN is broadcasting all the US games (some on delay) and I believe the playoff round as well. Going to put my DVR to good use to watch Gionta and Carter and the rest of the Americans.

Belarus has Albany D Raman Hrabarenka (aka Roman Graborenko) on their team. I saw a report out of Owen Sound that Devils prospect Artur Gavrus was with the Belarus team but he hasn't played for them yet. Not sure if the report was inaccurate or if he is just a reserve. (I don't even know the roster rules for this)

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#36 D88

D88

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for that update, I love that Loktionov is getting more experience with Kovalchuk.

NBCSN is broadcasting all the US games (some on delay) and I believe the playoff round as well. Going to put my DVR to good use to watch Gionta and Carter and the rest of the Americans.

Belarus has Albany D Raman Hrabarenka (aka Roman Graborenko) on their team. I saw a report out of Owen Sound that Devils prospect Artur Gavrus was with the Belarus team but he hasn't played for them yet. Not sure if the report was inaccurate or if he is just a reserve. (I don't even know the roster rules for this)

Hrabarenka is playing 23 minutes per Game, not bad for his age at this stage. Belarus Roster

Gavrus has not been named to the team roster til now. But Belarus has two open spots, so maybe he can play later in the tournament. (per iihf rules you can name 22 skaters and 3 goalies, belarus has named 20 skaters and 3 goalies til now.)

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice is also great, and would suffice.
Robert Frost

#37 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Gionta looks even smaller on that Olympic size rink. :P

believe-zubrus.jpg

#38 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Gionta looks even smaller on that Olympic size rink. :P

He looked lost out there.  As much as I respect the guy for getting to the show, I can't help but feel his roster spot couldn't be utilized better for both the US and the Devils.

Edited by hystyk28, 07 May 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#39 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Is there a way the devils could bring Radu ? :P

#40 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Gionta just scored.... USA up 3-1 on Finland...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users