26 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Same could easily be said for Rolston making those comments.. Took the big money to come to NJ and did not live up to the money he felt he deserved.. Then he goes and publicly bashes the fans here? Very weak and unprofessional imo.. Besides, it was easy for the Minny fans to get excited about him because he produced well for them.. All we got was some old overpaid dude with "a good attitude in the locker room".. Lovely

Well it was more of a benign bash since he was pumping up the Minnesota fanbase by saying you won't believe the support here.  Funny thing is that fan support hasn't always been there this season now that the expectations have been jacked up (booing poor Harding the next to last game of the season being one example).

#22 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

"It was my best years in the league," Rolston said. "I loved playing for Jacques [Lemaire]. He was the best coach of my career. And to play in front of those fans, they were incredible.

"I was just texting with [former New Jersey teammate] Zach [Parise]. He will so love playing there, just the energy in the building compared to what he's used to."

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

"It was my best years in the league," Rolston said. "I loved playing for Jacques [Lemaire]. He was the best coach of my career. And to play in front of those fans, they were incredible.

"I was just texting with [former New Jersey teammate] Zach [Parise]. He will so love playing there, just the energy in the building compared to what he's used to."

If he left out the last 6 words in the second line there, no one would have cared, but going there was too far.

First off, that is an unprofessional thing to say.

Secondly, NJ has a chip on it's shoulder for all the reasons we know, no media just for us, we always get NY sh!t, 1 pro sports team, everyone sh!ts on NJ saying it smells bad, this that, the other. They love to make fun of the idiots that have reality TV shows based in the state, it's not like we're the only people who feel NJ doesn't get a fair shake.

#24 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

If he left out the last 6 words in the second line there, no one would have cared, but going there was too far.

First off, that is an unprofessional thing to say.

Secondly, NJ has a chip on it's shoulder for all the reasons we know, no media just for us, we always get NY sh!t, 1 pro sports team, everyone sh!ts on NJ saying it smells bad, this that, the other. They love to make fun of the idiots that have reality TV shows based in the state, it's not like we're the only people who feel NJ doesn't get a fair shake.

And this is the exact reason why I hate ranger fans who live in NJ. Have they no pride?

#25 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

And this is the exact reason why I hate ranger fans who live in NJ. Have they no pride?

Exactly. NJ has it's warts, but it's my state and I love it dammit. Where else can you get ocean/beach, mountains, cities, rural farms, lakes and even some superfund sites. What other state gives you those things, all within driving distance of any point in the state?

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

They likely have parents or relatives who were Ranger fans...dem blowshirts have been in town a long long time.  And let's face it, a lot of North Jersey NHL fans are Ranger fans, and a lot of South Jersey is Flyer country.   

The Rockies moved into about as crowded a hockey territory as they could have.  And look at the teams involved:  multi-generational (Rangers), highly successful (Islanders), recently successful (Flyers).  And here comes a team in the former Scouts/Rockies that had sucked for all 10 years of its existence, and continued to suck once they got here. 

Sadly, you couldn't have had a worse formula for trying to make inroads into existing, local fanbases.  Oh, and as we all know, the Devils have been pretty lousy at marketing themselves too.

Sure, would be great if people rooted for the Devils out of state pride, but it would be nice if the northern half of the state wasn't a massive suburb of New York City, and the southern half a suburb of Philadelphia.  If only Newark and Trenton were much higher-profile cities...

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Exactly. NJ has it's warts, but it's my state and I love it dammit. Where else can you get ocean/beach, mountains, cities, rural farms, lakes and even some superfund sites. What other state gives you those things, all within driving distance of any point in the state?

Yeah this drives me up a wall. I live at the shore and one of my ranger fan friends talks about how "jersey" he is... He put a Benny go home sticker on his car, the first time I saw it I just screamed at him, YOU ARE A FVCKING BENNY!

And I love the classic DiG line for rooting for the rangers because your father does... "Your dad fvcks your mom, you going to do that too?"

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 06 May 2013 - 04:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users