40 replies to this topic

#21 icecop22

icecop22

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Will 2013 season ticket holders be receiving tickets? Or is it only for those who renewed for the 2013-14 season?

#22 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

I would so be down to go as a group.  drink some brewski's and watch the devs take the new Datsyuk :D

Seriously though if people are serious about going as a group i hope i get an invite!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#23 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Will 2013 season ticket holders be receiving tickets? Or is it only for those who renewed for the 2013-14 season?

It was one of the options that you can select as a 2013 reward.  If you don't remember if you picked it or just really want to go, call your ticket rep and he can probably set it up.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

It was one of the options that you can select as a 2013 reward.  If you don't remember if you picked it or just really want to go, call your ticket rep and he can probably set it up.

Every sth got a pair of draft tickets or at least people who were sth's going into this season (not sure if that applies to new sth's), had nothing to do with the rewards program.  It was in that 'sth bonuses' e-mail before the season which also included a brick, among other things.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#25 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

Every sth got a pair of draft tickets or at least people who were sth's going into this season (not sure if that applies to new sth's), had nothing to do with the rewards program.  It was in that 'sth bonuses' e-mail before the season which also included a brick, among other things.

Ok, thanks, I forgot that's how we got it.  I just knew I had tickets coming. :lol:  Either way, they should just call their rep if they're wondering what's up.

I got an email today using draft tickets as an incentive to pick up new season tickets next season, so that may have been what prompted the question.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#26 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

anyone know which rounds we actually draft in? I know we have one "conditional" pick (D'agostini)
and I think another pick from Zidlicky? And we lost our 7th for something? Can someone clarify this? Thanks!

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#27 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

anyone know which rounds we actually draft in? I know we have one "conditional" pick (D'agostini)
and I think another pick from Zidlicky? And we lost our 7th for something? Can someone clarify this? Thanks!

D'Agostini's conditional picks affect next year's draft not this one. According to Tom Gulitti they've got picks in the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th rounds.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#28 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've been to a draft, so I feel I can give a good opinion on it: It isn't the most exciting thing in the world. I was ready to call it an evening after 17-18 picks, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. If I lived in NJ, I'd want to rep my team. With a fun crowd, you can make it a good event. The Devils have a top 10 pick, so you don't have to wait very long. The whole league is watching so a good time to cheer the Devils and Lou when they go to pick. When the Rangers come up, boo them as loud as possible and chant "over-rated" *clap-clap-clap* when Sather speaks. Stuff like that can make the event a lot better.

Edited by devilsrule33, 13 May 2013 - 03:00 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#29 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

I've been to a draft, so I feel I can give a good representation of it: It isn't the most exciting thing in the world. I was ready to call it an evening after 17-18 picks, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. If I lived in NJ, I'd want to rep my team. With a fun crowd, you can make it a good event. The Devils have a top 10 pick, so you don't have to wait very long. The whole league is watching so a good time to cheer the Devils and Lou when they go to pick. When the Rangers come up, boo them as loud as possible and chant "over-rated" *clap-clap-clap* when Sather speaks. Stuff like that can make the event a lot better.

Noted. Totally getting hammered at Loft 47 beforehand and will be starting the "over-rated" chant.

#30 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Would love to go but with 48 days left until then and the Devils have yet to release any information on tickets I am not sure if I can even go.

#31 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Would love to go but with 48 days left until then and the Devils have yet to release any information on tickets I am not sure if I can even go.

The date of the draft is already set. You can make plans because releasing tickets won't change the date.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

The date of the draft is already set. You can make plans because releasing tickets won't change the date.

I know the date but there is no information about tickets being released and how many.  What if they only release a couple thousand to the public and I can't get my hands on them?  I am not going to go there just to hang out at the bars around there.

#33 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

I know the date but there is no information about tickets being released and how many.  What if they only release a couple thousand to the public and I can't get my hands on them?  I am not going to go there just to hang out at the bars around there.

You planning on being super busy on a Sunday afternoon?

Also, from the Pru Center website: "Ticket Prices: There is no cost for this event." http://www.prucenter...r=87&objId=1210

My guess, they guarantee tix to STH and anyone who wins the contest things, the rest are first come, first serve, general admission seats. For free.

#34 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

You planning on being super busy on a Sunday afternoon?

Also, from the Pru Center website: "Ticket Prices: There is no cost for this event." http://www.prucenter...r=87&objId=1210

My guess, they guarantee tix to STH and anyone who wins the contest things, the rest are first come, first serve, general admission seats. For free.

I never mentioned prices.  I am talking about availability.  You have the players, their families, the teams and their people and then the STH's.  Not sure how much is left for general admission after that.

I am usually very busy on my weekends too and with summer just about here if I cannot get in the doors to the event I would rather do something else other than huddling in the bars around the arena.

Edited by DevsMan84, 13 May 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#35 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

I never mentioned prices.  I am talking about availability.  You have the players, their families, the teams and their people and then the STH's.  Not sure how much is left for general admission after that.

I am usually very busy on my weekends too and with summer just about here if I cannot get in the doors to the event I would rather do something else other than huddling in the bars around the arena.

Has you tried calling the box office? I know they suck, but someone might at least be able to tell you how many tix they reserved for the day of. It's possible they're still waiting to get an idea of how many tickets they'll have.

Maybe someone can answer this:
Did they make STH claim the 2 tix that they gave each acct holder? Or is it just like a print them and bring them kind of thing?

It could be that they're not anticipating a large demand for them and feel the general admission they have will be enough for anyone who might want to go.

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Might as well just plan on going and buy tickets if you can't get freebees, the draft is a once or maybe twice in a lifetime thing.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#37 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Has you tried calling the box office? I know they suck, but someone might at least be able to tell you how many tix they reserved for the day of. It's possible they're still waiting to get an idea of how many tickets they'll have.

Maybe someone can answer this:
Did they make STH claim the 2 tix that they gave each acct holder? Or is it just like a print them and bring them kind of thing?

It could be that they're not anticipating a large demand for them and feel the general admission they have will be enough for anyone who might want to go.

I actually did call them a couple weeks back and they had no clue.  After my past experiences with them I was not surprised.

Might as well just plan on going and buy tickets if you can't get freebees, the draft is a once or maybe twice in a lifetime thing.

That's kinda what I am thinking, but if the prices are stupid for what the event really is I will pass on them.

I would just like to know now as soon as possible in advance.

#38 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

I am going winning or paying. Always wanted to go to a draft, its even on my bucket list.

I'm going as well(drive up from Va) I was going to bring the wife but I think she'll be bored as hell. i don't want her to keep looking at me "can we go now?

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#39 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

I'm going as well(drive up from Va) I was going to bring the wife but I think she'll be bored as hell. i don't want her to keep looking at me "can we go now?

Pony up for a show or something that night in NYC... take the train from Newark to Penn...    Both are happy.  :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#40 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Edit: Nevermind - i read it wrong - you get 2 tix to another game. it popper up over the draft. sorry i am an idiot :)

Edited by CMONPETEYD, 16 May 2013 - 01:44 PM.

My name changes every summer
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users