64 replies to this topic

#61 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

Would any of you trade the top 10 pick for a bonafide top 6 player? I'm talking someone better then Horton...like a Bobby Ryan or someone.

n2eg.jpg

#62 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Would any of you trade the top 10 pick for a bonafide top 6 player? I'm talking someone better then Horton...like a Bobby Ryan or someone.

its an interesting proposition. I would certainly entertain it, mainly because I've been a proponent of Ryan for a long time. I think he's got a ton of talent and is still very young. He's definitely the player that we're missing

After you said that, I felt like doing some reading on Ryan. I actually came across an article and had no idea about the situation with his father as Bobby wa growing up. It's crazy, kid has been through a lot.

http://sportsillustr...489/2/index.htm

Edited by Onddeck, 27 May 2013 - 07:19 AM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#63 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

its an interesting proposition. I would certainly entertain it, mainly because I've been a proponent of Ryan for a long time. I think he's got a ton of talent and is still very young. He's definitely the player that we're missing

After you said that, I felt like doing some reading on Ryan. I actually came across an article and had no idea about the situation with his father as Bobby wa growing up. It's crazy, kid has been through a lot.

http://sportsillustr...489/2/index.htm

he's not signed long term so nooopppee. If you could get someone like Sam Gagner I guess I'd be more likely to think about it 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#64 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

After you said that, I felt like doing some reading on Ryan. I actually came across an article and had no idea about the situation with his father as Bobby wa growing up. It's crazy, kid has been through a lot.http://sportsillustr...489/2/index.htm

he's not signed long term so nooopppee. If you could get someone like Sam Gagner I guess I'd be more likely to think about it

I'm sure any deal would be contingent on working out an extension. Also, with the new CBA the team who currently owns a players rights has the biggest advantage.

Basically I wouldn't worry about getting Ryan locked up long term so long as he doesn't mind playing here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#65 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Sigh - you can't just negotiate an extension with a player.  Ryan is signed for 2 more years, which means he can only be signed to an extension after this coming season.

Sam Gagner is a UFA in 2014.

Pass on both.  Devils would need a very young player to make this sort of deal.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users