179 replies to this topic

#101 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

One of my favorite moments would be towards the end of Gretzky's run with the Rangers. He did a no-look behind the back pass to maybe Kovalev. It goes right to him, but bounces off his stick into the corner. From behind me I hear a Ranger fan yell "ugh, trade Gretzky! That bum! I could score his 9 goals!" At the time I believe Gretzky had something like 50 - 60 assists. I like to think the same guy was at the Garden a few weeks later for Gretzky's last game, cheering him like he spent 20 years playing there.

That and sometime in the late 90's when they had the kiss-cam, and at the end showed 2 male Ranger fans. Behind me, a guy says to his 6 year old "wouldn't be funny if dey was (slang term for homosexual) and dey kissed??"

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#102 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

This video makes me smile

#103 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Oh and I almost forgot this is my favorite idiot Flyer fan video.  I still have no idea what the Flyers idiot is trying to do with his fingers there.

#104 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

I have a few rules for heckling at a sporting event:

1. Insults must be related to hockey, geography or be pop culture related(Think of telling a Philly fan his city is trashy because they put statue Rocky in front of an art museum).

2. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT insult any women based on looks, weight, etc. If she's into the heckling, give it back, but nothing personal, that's the fast track to a fight.

3. Swearing is ok, but not every sentence and try not to use the F word if there's small children.

4. Don't yell the whole game, it's annoying and I actually enjoy watching hockey, not just yelling about it.

I mean, that's about it. If you can do that and someone starts a fight with you, they'll pretty much always look like the a$$hole.

+1, though I'd add keep homophobia and the word retard out. That sh!t shouldn't be in our vocabulary for insults anymore, but too often you hear it at sporting events.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#105 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

i wore my Devils jersey on my 9th grade trip to NYC museum of art, and i got yelled at by Rangers fans. insulted and heckled. i was in 9th grade for pete's sake. those guys have no class.

1488744_662845367109224_1470841889_n.jpg

NEVER DOUBT THE DEVILS!!!

#1 Devils Fan. DJ Jersey Devil on 88.3 WSBU

#106 SKA1989

SKA1989

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hey everbody.

I have been reading these boards for quite some time but was too lazy to create a username, until now! i have been a huge Devils fan since the late 90's.

in regards to rangers fan and how much they piss us off, i have a story from last year after game 6 ( conference final)

I was lucky to attend that game ( and it wasnt cheep lol) but after henrique scored that goal it was all worth it. my section had a few rangers fans in it ( but ALOT less than the usual Devils-rangers game)

They obviously were talking and saying the old " you cant sell out games"  " fatso" ... the usual. i usually try not got into verbal arguments, let alone fights during games.  And after the Devils won  i i didnt need to say anything.

BUT my freinds being those type of fans ( the ones that will get into arguments, figts, etc) , they couldnt resist an awesome oppurtunity to stick to all those rangers fans.

We ended up going to NYC after the game, and more specifically to MSG ( and the surrounding bars alll filled with  bitter rangers fans). We went into all those bars with our devils jerseys and just gave every rangers fan so much sh!t. we litterally were on the verge of getting beat to the ground, until other devils fans came in!

Obviously all those rangers fans couldnt say anything , except for those " err you cant sell out games" bs.

After a few hours the bars started to close and we went back to Jersey. It was probably one of the greatest games ( probably the greatest) that i have ever attended.  walking through midtown NY wearing our devils jerseys, giving rangers fan sh!t, and celebrating with other Devils fans ( you would all be surprised how many we came across) made it even so much better.

#107 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

lucky! i wouldve attended that game, but i was in the hospital thanks to bullies. i got to watch it on tv and the nurses came in because they thought my screaming (HENRIQUE! ITS OVER! at that moment) was screaming in pain! they come in all "whats the situation?" and i just say loudly "DEVILS GOING TO THE FINALS!!!" doctor says "dont scare me like that!" "you thought i was in trouble?" "no i meant with the thought of the devils going there!" "they just did!" "*walks out*"

#108 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Hey everbody.

I have been reading these boards for quite some time but was too lazy to create a username, until now! i have been a huge Devils fan since the late 90's.

in regards to rangers fan and how much they piss us off, i have a story from last year after game 6 ( conference final)

I was lucky to attend that game ( and it wasnt cheep lol) but after henrique scored that goal it was all worth it. my section had a few rangers fans in it ( but ALOT less than the usual Devils-rangers game)

They obviously were talking and saying the old " you cant sell out games"  " fatso" ... the usual. i usually try not got into verbal arguments, let alone fights during games.  And after the Devils won  i i didnt need to say anything.

BUT my freinds being those type of fans ( the ones that will get into arguments, figts, etc) , they couldnt resist an awesome oppurtunity to stick to all those rangers fans.

We ended up going to NYC after the game, and more specifically to MSG ( and the surrounding bars alll filled with  bitter rangers fans). We went into all those bars with our devils jerseys and just gave every rangers fan so much sh!t. we litterally were on the verge of getting beat to the ground, until other devils fans came in!

Obviously all those rangers fans couldnt say anything , except for those " err you cant sell out games" bs.

After a few hours the bars started to close and we went back to Jersey. It was probably one of the greatest games ( probably the greatest) that i have ever attended.  walking through midtown NY wearing our devils jerseys, giving rangers fan sh!t, and celebrating with other Devils fans ( you would all be surprised how many we came across) made it even so much better.

You probably crossed my paths or I probably walked into one of the bars you were in haha... I was in the city right after the game, what a night.

#109 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Ranger fan tweet to me when I was submitting lots of votes for Brodeur to get on the cover of NHL 14:

"no one likes marty. not enough devils fans. if he wins its rigged"

He's a buddy of mine but I find it hilarious that he, like nearly all Ranger fans, are completely unable to look at hockey objectively.. I told him to take off his red and blue painted tinfoil hat

Edit: After calling him out for being unable to at least respect Marty's achievements he tweeted:

"i can objectively respect brodeur but ill always subjectively hate his guts"

Edited by Colin226, 16 May 2013 - 04:43 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#110 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Ranger fan tweet to me when I was submitting lots of votes for Brodeur to get on the cover of NHL 14:
"no one likes marty. not enough devils fans. if he wins its rigged"
He's a buddy of mine but I find it hilarious that he, like nearly all Ranger fans, are completely unable to look at hockey objectively.. I told him to take off his red and blue painted tinfoil hat
Edit: After calling him out for being unable to at least respect Marty's achievements he tweeted:
"i can objectively respect brodeur but ill always subjectively hate his guts"

Regarding what he said after you called him out- that's about right. Ranger fans should hate Marty- but they should also respect him, and I think most do. Its like the way I feel about Messier. I fvcking HATE Messier. HATE him. I don't even know if 'hate' is a strong enough word to describe how I feel about Messier, because I absolutely detest him. But I respect what he accomplished. Dude was a winner, period. And one of the best to ever lace 'em up. But man do I hate that fvck.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#111 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Regarding what he said after you called him out- that's about right. Ranger fans should hate Marty- but they should also respect him, and I think most do. Its like the way I feel about Messier. I fvcking HATE Messier. HATE him. I don't even know if 'hate' is a strong enough word to describe how I feel about Messier, because I absolutely detest him. But I respect what he accomplished. Dude was a winner, period. And one of the best to ever lace 'em up. But man do I hate that fvck.

After meeting Messier a couple of times in person, I have to say I lost all respect for him and hate him just as much as a person as I do as a hockey player.

He is notorious for being a complete dick to everyone, even his own fans and that includes women and children too.

#112 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

ive never met him in person. care to detail what he said to you?

#113 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

ive never met him in person. care to detail what he said to you?

That's the thing.  He didn't say anything to me and he rarely says anything to any fans unless he is being paid.  Go on any game worn or sports (hockey) collectible forums and Messier is usually near or at the top of everyone's list of which player is the nastiest in person and basically refuses to sign any autographs except for events where he is paid.  There are many stories floating around of him making kids cry because he flat out tells them he will not sign their item when they approach him.  I've seen this in person years ago outside of MSG with my brother (who is a big Rags fan) and I lost any tiny shred of respect I had for him.

#114 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

i bet he treats Devils fans horribly. but the question is: is he more of an a-hole than Sean Avery? my answer is no

#115 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

i bet he treats Devils fans horribly. but the question is: is he more of an a-hole than Sean Avery? my answer is no

Depends.  On the ice Avery for sure.  Off the ice I heard Avery will at least pose for pictures, talk to fans and will sign autographs.

Can't say that for that Easter-island face looking a$$hole Messier (thank you DiG for that perfect description)

#116 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Easter Island face! oh god my sides!!

i DID however see him once but never went up to him and i yelled out loud "WHERED THE HAIR GO?" and then ran off.

#117 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

I know a girl who claimed to be John Vanbiesbrouk's niece and she said he and his hockey friends always talk about how they think Messier is really gay. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

#118 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

at this point the only thing i do is finish most of my FB postsw/

#KingwithNoRing

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#119 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

DevsMan, I think you've made me hate Messier even more with some of your stories, and I didn't think that was possible. So not only is he a glory hound, he's a fvcking phony douchebag too. I'm not really surprised. fvck Messier.

Edited by MadDog2020, 17 May 2013 - 10:11 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#120 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Easter Island face! oh god my sides!!

i DID however see him once but never went up to him and i yelled out loud "WHERED THE HAIR GO?" and then ran off.

LMAO THATS GOOD.  thats soooo much better than Cro-Magnon man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users