179 replies to this topic

#121 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

I know a girl who claimed to be John Vanbiesbrouk's niece and she said he and his hockey friends always talk about how they think Messier is really gay. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Those "Messier is gay" rumors have been around for about 15 years now.  I am not sure myself but there was a time where he was never in any seemingly legit relationship with anyone a la George Clooney for the longest time.

DevsMan, I think you've made me hate Messier even more with some of your stories, and I didn't think that was possible. So not only is he a glory hound, he's a fvcking phony douchebag too. I'm not really surprised. fvck Messier.

I have met the other big 3: Graves (nice guy), Leetch (really nice guy) and Richter (prob the nicest hockey player I have ever met) and Messier is no where near them in terms of interaction with fans.  Messier is a complete dick to anyone who doesn't have a $50 in his hand ready to give to him.

LMAO THATS GOOD.  thats soooo much better than Cro-Magnon man

lol you can credit DaneykoisGod with that one.  CR1976 has it in his sig and every time I see that I laugh.

#122 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

The funny thing about Messier, is that he doesn't know how to stop being Messier.  After the Rags' '94 Cup win, he came on The Howard Stern Show with the Cup, along with Brian Leetch (not sure if anyone else came on with them).  Leetch at least seemed to realize he was on a comedy show, and tried to act accordingly, even though he was clearly uncomfortable at times.  Messier had no sense of humor at all...he wasn't a dick, but he acted like he was on yet another sports-talk show, and was deadly serious the entire time...it was just like I said, in that he didn't seem to realize he doesn't have to be this ultra-focused, no-chuckles, mega-intense leader ALL of the time.  Clearly he was what the Rangers needed at that time, but man, he couldn't have come off as more robotic than he did that day.  

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#123 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

The funny thing about Messier, is that he doesn't know how to stop being Messier.  After the Rags' '94 Cup win, he came on The Howard Stern Show with the Cup, along with Brian Leetch (not sure if anyone else came on with them).  Leetch at least seemed to realize he was on a comedy show, and tried to act accordingly, even though he was clearly uncomfortable at times.  Messier had no sense of humor at all...he wasn't a dick, but he acted like he was on yet another sports-talk show, and was deadly serious the entire time...it was just like I said, in that he didn't seem to realize he doesn't have to be this ultra-focused, no-chuckles, mega-intense leader ALL of the time.  Clearly he was what the Rangers needed at that time, but man, he couldn't have come off as more robotic than he did that day.  

At least the next year when Claude Lemieux was on he was wiling to let Jackie take a "dump" in the Stanley Cup (I know it was really a melted candy bar).  Boy I remember the NHL being pretty pissed about that at the time lol.

#124 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

At least the next year when Claude Lemieux was on he was wiling to let Jackie take a "dump" in the Stanley Cup (I know it was really a melted candy bar).  Boy I remember the NHL being pretty pissed about that at the time lol.

I remember all of that, and Howard asking Claude how to say "p***s" and "v****a" in French (which Claude then did).  Claude's appearance was pretty good from what I recall. 

I remember being curious about Messier when Howard announced that he'd be on his show...as a hockey fan, even if the guy is a hated rival, a player like Messier is going to be interesting to hear from (or so you'd think).  And in a setting like the Howard Stern show, he can actually let his non-existent hair down, have a little fun.

Leetch was clearly overwhelmed by some of the topics and humor, but at least came off as human, and a good sport to boot.  Howard asked him if Leetch ever took care of his own needs when alone on long road trips...Leetch was clearly uncomfortable, but he gave a weak chuckle and answered, "Well, doesn't everybody?"  I don't think that style of humor was his thing, but he never seemed angry or offended by any of it, and seemed to have a pretty good time overall.

Messier came off as though as he was oblivious to his surroundings at first...but as I was listening, I was thinking "Damn, the reason he's not showing his fun side is because he doesn't HAVE a friggin' fun side!  This is what he is like all of the time!  No wonder his teammates respect him to the hilt...they're terrified of the fvcker!  He's the friggin' Terminator come to life!  He can't be reasoned with!  He doesn't feel pain!  And he absolutely will not stop...until he wins a Cup!"

That's probably why he hung on for so damned long when he was clearly washed-up and a major detriment to the team that employed him...he didn't know how to be anything else other than the humorless drone solely focused on one goal and one goal only. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#125 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

I have a few really close Rag fan friends and while they get carried away on licking the sweat off of Lundqvist's nuts, they are at least tolerable. In fact, I'd say that I can deal with Rags fans a lot better than Flyers fans or sh!tstains like Habs fans.

#126 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

WIth regard to Easter Egg Island Head............if anyone sees him, ask him why he would take credit for a Cup winning goal when I know for a FACT, that even the Ranger players know he never touched the puck and I think it was Brian Noonan that scored it.

An with Lundqvist, he is simply the "King" With No Rings

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#127 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

I know I'm boycotting WDHA. A New Jersey radio station cheering for the Rangers seems so "off" to me. They should be endorsing anyone but the Rangers. Sell outs.

n2eg.jpg

#128 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

I know I'm boycotting WDHA. A New Jersey radio station cheering for the Rangers seems so "off" to me. They should be endorsing anyone but the Rangers. Sell outs.

When the fvck did DHA express any support for those fvckbags? I may have to join you in the boycott, that's bullsh!t. I'm so sick of the NJ love for teams from fvcking NY, particularly when we have our OWN fvcking team. I can't express how much this annoys the everloving sh!t outta me.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#129 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

When the fvck did DHA express any support for those fvckbags? I may have to join you in the boycott, that's bullsh!t. I'm so sick of the NJ love for teams from fvcking NY, particularly when we have our OWN fvcking team. I can't express how much this annoys the everloving sh!t outta me.

It started during the last game between between the Caps and Rangers. And the Rangers love kept going since. Their FB had a "keep calm and let's go Rangers" thing on it. It should still be on there if you wanna dig for it.

n2eg.jpg

#130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

It started during the last game between between the Caps and Rangers. And the Rangers love kept going since. Their FB had a "keep calm and let's go Rangers" thing on it. It should still be on there if you wanna dig for it.

That's disgusting. I may have to tell them to "keep calm and remember where the fvck your radio station is located".

#131 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

I just checked the FB and it's been removed, apparently.  I used to love listening to WDHA when I was at Rutgers, but absolutely fvck that station if they're backing the Rangers.

"Rock of New Jersey" my ass.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#132 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

I just checked the FB and it's been removed, apparently.  I used to love listening to WDHA when I was at Rutgers, but absolutely fvck that station if they're backing the Rangers.
"Rock of New Jersey" my ass.

Hopefully someone berated someone and it got taken down. Its horsesh!t they would even post something like that to begin with. fvck that 'support the local team' garbage, there are lines around here when it comes to hockey, and if you're a radio or TV station based in and catering to NJ, backing the fvcking NY Rangers of all teams is a line you don't cross.

#133 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hopefully someone berated someone and it got taken down. Its horsesh!t they would even post something like that to begin with. fvck that 'support the local team' garbage, there are lines around here when it comes to hockey, and if you're a radio or TV station based in and catering to NJ, backing the fvcking NY Rangers of all teams is a line you don't cross.

They deleted the entire post? What a bunch of pussies. Regardless I know Kim Mulligan said on there "you might call it selling out but I call it buying in"

Whatever the fvck that means.

She was one of my instructors over at the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. Back when the 2011 draft was a huge thing to us Devils fans I wasn't allowed to talk about that in my sports radio class. (Which she co-caught along with some hack from Sirius/XM) Said that "no one cares about the NHL draft". So really this complete lack of knowldge of the sport isn't shocking to me.

But yeah to go for the Rangers because they are the next biggest market team to NJ is laughable. Ill just listen to my Spotify or the Rat - though I'm not sure if the Rat caters to Flyers fans or not.

n2eg.jpg

#134 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Quick Check made a post on their FB page before game 1 against Boston and said something like "To our Rangers fan followers, who's ready to beat up the Bruins?"

Stupid move.. Being a Devils sponsor, they used to run campaigns getting Devils fans to follow them on social media so of course a majority of the posts are Devils fans trolling QC

The kicker is that the next day they asked what people have planned this summer and a dude with a Lundqvist profile pic said "going to Wawa" so I posted how QC sold out the Devils and their fans, and this is how they were repaid by Ranger fans lol

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#135 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

They deleted the entire post? What a bunch of pussies. Regardless I know Kim Mulligan said on there "you might call it selling out but I call it buying in"
She was one of my instructors over at the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. Back when the 2011 draft was a huge thing to us Devils fans I wasn't allowed to talk about that in my sports radio class. (Which she co-caught along with some hack from Sirius/XM) Said that "no one cares about the NHL draft". So really this complete lack of knowldge of the sport isn't shocking to me.
But yeah to go for the Rangers because they are the next biggest market team to NJ is laughable. Ill just listen to my Spotify or the Rat - though I'm not sure if the Rat caters to Flyers fans or not.

People love to bandwagon. I almost think some people who aren't hardcore fans of a specific team have it in their DNA or something. To the die-hard fan of a specific team, its one of the most annoying things about being a sports fan. On a side note, when did you graduate from CSB? I retook my classes last summer and just finished up an internship at Sirius.

#136 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

It means companies bandwagoning is good for business.  You really expect any local company not to try to piggyback onto a local sports team's playoff run?  Even if it runs counter to things they've done in the past (like Miami Mike's doing Devils and Rangers viewing parties).  Unless they're actually sponsoring one of the teams, in which case then yeah it's bad form to jump on another bandwagon.

All these NJ businesses latching onto the NY teams is part of the reason Devil fans will always have a chip on their shoulder regarding the Rangers.

#137 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

It's all about business and generating the all mighty dollar
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#138 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Opie and Anthony and Bill Burr were discussing the playoffs and all Bill talked about was how much he hated the rangers

1488744_662845367109224_1470841889_n.jpg

NEVER DOUBT THE DEVILS!!!

#1 Devils Fan. DJ Jersey Devil on 88.3 WSBU

#139 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

People love to bandwagon. I almost think some people who aren't hardcore fans of a specific team have it in their DNA or something. To the die-hard fan of a specific team, its one of the most annoying things about being a sports fan. On a side note, when did you graduate from CSB? I retook my classes last summer and just finished up an internship at Sirius.

I graduated March of 2011. Funnest experience of my life although I had nothing in common with my classmates there. When did you graduate?

n2eg.jpg

#140 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

I graduated March of 2011. Funnest experience of my life although I had nothing in common with my classmates there. When did you graduate?

I originally graduated a few years ago, (04) but had trouble finding a gig and needed to pay the bills, so I took a sales job. 8 years later, I was still in sales and hated it. I decided last summer 'fvck this', went back to CSB, retook all my courses, and got the internship that I just finished. Now I just need to find a job lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users