179 replies to this topic

#141 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

I think Quick Chek posted that out of bitterness because I think the Rock dumped them. They no longer serve their coffee there but now have Tim Horton's instead.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#142 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

tim hortons is way better anyway

1488744_662845367109224_1470841889_n.jpg

NEVER DOUBT THE DEVILS!!!

#1 Devils Fan. DJ Jersey Devil on 88.3 WSBU

#143 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

I originally graduated a few years ago, (04) but had trouble finding a gig and needed to pay the bills, so I took a sales job. 8 years later, I was still in sales and hated it. I decided last summer 'fvck this', went back to CSB, retook all my courses, and got the internship that I just finished. Now I just need to find a job lol.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I got my internship (with this music news site Grungereport.net) and I have to just wait to either get a paying job or for GR to pay. (Which it should..)

I've done sales too.. hated it. So much tedtious work for so little pay. Couldn't wait to get out of it.

n2eg.jpg

#144 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,886 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Nothing on the WDHA facebook page (yet at least) regarding the Rags game 2

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#145 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

I originally graduated a few years ago, (04) but had trouble finding a gig and needed to pay the bills, so I took a sales job. 8 years later, I was still in sales and hated it. I decided last summer 'fvck this', went back to CSB, retook all my courses, and got the internship that I just finished. Now I just need to find a job lol.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I got my internship (with this music news site Grungereport.net) and I have to just wait to either get a paying job or for GR to pay. (Which it should..)
I've done sales too.. hated it. So much tedtious work for so little pay. Couldn't wait to get out of it.

. I hear ya man, its tough out there right now. Just gonna keep plugging away until I find something, be it full-time or part-time, or multiple part-time gigs. Best of luck brother, hope you find something soon.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#146 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Someone's avatar on HF....and they say we have an inferiority complex.

http://hfboards.hock...line=1366670958

believe-zubrus.jpg

#147 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

that kind of pisses me off to be honest.. like go make your own memories and lines, its funny they have to take their rivals success that weve had against them and try to put the saying on a random picture.. must make them feel better.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#148 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Lmfao. That's just sad in so many ways.

#149 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

It's amazing how none of them will even bring up last years team even though it was probably their best team in the last 20 years.

#150 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

I'm watching the postgame and Bon Jovi can't stop making excuses for why the Rags lost. He literally said (and I quote): "The series was cut short by injuries". He went on to say the Rags were basically crippled because they didn't have Stralman or Clowe (who's been out since the end of the regular season and has played in all of one playoff game in the first round before getting hurt again). Trautwig than piggybacks this with "It started with the loss of Marc Staal"... Roflmao, Marc Staal's been out since March. He ALSO played one playoff game in the first round before aggravating his injury and hasn't played since. Hilarious. The excuses were just flying left and right lol. No one makes excuses better than the Rangers though. 1 Cup in 73 years.

#151 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,886 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

I'm watching the postgame and Bon Jovi can't stop making excuses for why the Rags lost. He literally said (and I quote): "The series was cut short by injuries". He went on to say the Rags were basically crippled because they didn't have Stralman or Clowe (who's been out since the end of the regular season and has played in all of one playoff game in the first round before getting hurt again). Trautwig than piggybacks this with "It started with the loss of Marc Staal"... Roflmao, Marc Staal's been out since March. He ALSO played one playoff game in the first round before aggravating his injury and hasn't played since. Hilarious. The excuses were just flying left and right lol. No one makes excuses better than the Rangers though. 1 Cup in 73 years.

Also it's not like Boston had to deal with any injuries on D :rolleyes: or how about Ovechkin playing that first round on a broken foot

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#152 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

It's really just idiots pandering to idiots on that post game show.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#153 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Someone should make an avatar with Callahan missing the breakaway in the third period against Boston, if he nets it, tie game and who knows what happens then, so in a sense ....the rags season was OVER thanks to him.

#154 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,480 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

The Rangers got run real hard in the entire playoffs, only thing that saved them in the first round was the fact that the refs seldom called penalties on them and Lundqvist played great as he almost always does.  +16 penalty differential in 12 games which is totally ridiculous, especially when you consider how much time the Rangers spent in their own end.  3 players finished in the black territorially.  

Edited by Triumph, 26 May 2013 - 10:21 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#155 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

This is from the HF Rangers board: "With all this doom and gloom, thank your lucky stars you arent Devils fans. That organization is a mess." Lmfao, it's scary how stupid some of these people are. Btw, the same genius who posted that gem also posted that if Staal and Clowe came back, they'll have 100 points next year if they keep the same roster. That's the typical Ranger fan right there: dumb, delusional, and in denial.

Edited by MadDog2020, 26 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#156 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,585 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

This is from the HF Rangers board: "With all this doom and gloom, thank your lucky stars you arent Devils fans. That organization is a mess." Lmfao, it's scary how stupid some of these people are. Btw, the same genius who posted that gem also posted that if Staal and Clowe came back, they'll have 100 points next year if they keep the same roster. That's the typical Ranger fan right there: dumb, delusional, and in denial.

It's all part of this provincial attitude that Ranger fans have, which feeds into this bizarre sense of entitlement and that they exist at the center of the universe.

From all objective measures the Rangers are one of the least successful franchises across all North American professional sports. Nevertheless, Ranger fans have an arrogance that demands constant attention and ass kissing.

I think a perfect example of this is a Ranger fan that called into one of the shows on the Fan during the Rags-Ottawa series last year that claimed, get this, that the league was conspiring against the Rangers and in favor of Ottawa and the refs were in on it. I realize that all fans will cry conspiracy, but the Ranger fan is so dense that they can't realize if there were conspiracies, they would be the beneficiaries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel, 26 May 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#157 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

It's all part of this provincial attitude at Ranger fans have, which feeds into this bizarre sense of entitlement and that they exist at the center of the universe.

From all objective measures the Rangers are one of the least successful franchises across all North American professional sports. Nevertheless, Ranger fans have an arrogance that demands constant attention and ass kissing.

I think a perfect example of this is a Ranger fan that called into one of the shows on the Fan during the Rags-Ottawa series last year that claimed, get this, that the league was conspiring against the Rangers and in favor of Ottawa and the refs were in on it. I realize that all fans will cry conspiracy, but the Ranger fan is so dense that they can't realize if there were conspiracies, they would be the beneficiaries.

Boomer is another one- he claims the league has a 'screw the Rangers button'. Right. I'm sure there was a huge 'screw the Rangers button' Bettman was pressing over and over as the Rags had DOUBLE the number of power plays that the Caps had in the first round. Yep, they were banging on that 'Screw the Rangers button' the other night when the Rags had no penalties called against them AGAIN in a home game. Lmfao, what a bunch of whiny dopes.

#158 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,585 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

It's all part of this provincial attitude at Ranger fans have, which feeds into this bizarre sense of entitlement and that they exist at the center of the universe.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Boomer is another one- he claims the league has a 'screw the Rangers button'. Right. I'm sure there was a huge 'screw the Rangers button' Bettman was pressing over and over as the Rags had DOUBLE the number of power plays that the Caps had in the first round. Yep, they were banging on that 'Screw the Rangers button' the other night when the Rags had no penalties called against them AGAIN in a home game. Lmfao, what a bunch of whiny dopes.

But even if the calls were one sided against, a league that wants ratings would have a screw the team playing against the Rangers button if one existed.

Maybe the equivalent is a Yankee fan that displays a "We Believe" sign at a home game.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#159 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

"screw the rangers button?".. why is it so hard to just accept the fact that they just arent a successful organization.. theyre just not well... very good.. aka they suck goddamn it.. someone ask him if hes ever been to a devils game, if not tell him to attend one if hes still confused 17,000 people there will help to tell him that they suck.. and all at the same time that is.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#160 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=QNWbi1U-kf8 This is a classic. Lmfao.

Edited by MadDog2020, 27 May 2013 - 08:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users