Zubes Paid me a visit again

msweet

Here's all I can say... 

He was in great shape and no wrist issues.

He's going on vacation with his family this week and has not watched any playoffs.. I told him all I've watched is some Rangers' games and he made a look like he wanted to vomit and muttered something I can't repeat.

He is doing some improvements on his house here in NJ ;-)

Here's all I can say... 

He was in great shape and no wrist issues.

He's going on vacation with his family this week and has not watched any playoffs.. I told 

He is doing some improvements on his house here in NJ ;-)

thats it !!! he's leaving and he's making improvements on his house to sell it faster !!!  :doh1:  :headless chicken:  :argh:

:giggle:  :whistling:

I wonder how sincere some of the riavalries really are or if they've turned into just more or less fan rivalries.

I think so, although I think it goes on a year-by-year basis. The rivalry ebbs and flows depending on the amount of changes either team makes respectively each offseason.

The Flyers-Devils rivalry seems to be the weakest it's been in a long time, as there's been so much change in that organization in just a few years (Richards, Carter for starters, etc.)... The Clarkson-Simmonds similarities/matchup has become a nice new feature in the rivalry, not to mention the surge of Scott Hartnell as their posterboy and fanbase hero, but the massive changes that have happened within that roster in just 4-5 years has damaged the dynamic of the rivalry at least for several years. That, and the Flyers' inability to compete against the Rangers or Devils in recent years. Inversely, the Penguins-Flyers rivalry has flourished because of the high profile wins they've been able to put on Pittsburgh the past few years. The Giroux-Crosby matchup looked promising in last year's playoffs but died down this year. Giroux's a talented player and I can't see the Flyers being all that bad again next year.

I think the Rangers-Devils rivalry was as strong amongst the players the past two years as it's been in a long time, maybe since the early '00s or mid-90s even, obviously because of their respective playoff runs, but even during the season where two of the games started with fights on the ice.. However, as far as the Rangers are concerned, I'm curious to see how the rivalry continues next year, the lineup changed pretty drastically over the course of this past season. Guys like Moore, Brassard, and even Nash don't look like they know what a heated rivalry is like, although in New York, they can probably learn very fast. Nash played with a surprising lack of grit vs. the Devils, something you can't say about Dubinsky or Anisimov (now on the Blue Jackets); they seem to be one of the softer Rangers sides we've seen in a long time, which isn't good for a rivalry, moving forward. However, Dorsett looks like he can be a pest, we're seeing it in the Bruins series; he'll be around for a couple more years. That brings us to the Devils, who will not be here next year? Clarkson's an extremely big piece of the rivalry, they HATE him across the river. Elias too is another constant whom the Rangers will roll their eyes about. Losing either of these two guys for replacements (even very skilled or high end replacements) can damage the dynamic of the rivalry between the players. There's really not one person on our team that plays the role Clarkson does in the rivalry, although I will say Carter comes very close. Losing Brodeur after next season is another damaging blow to the dynamic of this rivalry, a day I'm sure a lot of Rangers fans will salivate about. However, like what happened when Sean Avery left hockey, for a rival fan base, a little fun gets taken out when you can't heckle and cheer against a player you hate. Being at Madison Square Garden when the Rangers score a late key goal against the Devils' new goalie WILL NEVER be as sweet as being at Madison Square Garden when the Rangers score a late key goal against Martin Brodeur. I think they'll miss him for that and as far as the local press is concerned, people will step back and objectively realize how amazing his career and legacy is.

Moving on, Blackhawks-Red Wings seems pretty damn heated amongst the players, as there are a good amount of "constants" in each lineup. They absolutely hate each other out there, and it's great to watch.

I can't comment on Bruins-Habs as I haven't watched any of those games this year, but a couple years ago, the Chara-Pacioretty incident seemed to help light a fire under what I think was a rivalry that slowed down a bit. I mean, it's STILL talked about. Not to mention, players like PK Subban and Brandon Prust alone can keep the fire of a rivalry burning. On that subject, that Senators-Habs matchup was tasty and I can't wait to see it play out over the next couple of seasons, as I think both coaches' jobs are safe and it doesn't look like either team will have any type of gutting of their roster.

I get the sense that the intra-state matchups in California or Florida are more a rivalry amongst the fanbases (if that; Lightning-Panthers doesn't seem to have any rivalry), although I could be wrong. Sharks-Kings could really heat up a bit more if the Sharks can squeeze out a series win. If the Kings win, it'll just be status quo, "Oh, the Kings got past another round like they always do." If the Sharks win, you'll have some pretty disgruntled drama queens in Los Angeles, and a Twitter account manager that won't know how to deal with a loss.

I'm curious if any of you can explain the Canada rivalries to me (mostly, Western Canada). I feel like anytime two Canadian teams play, it's just not broadcast here in North America, wish we could see more of them.

Edited by DJ Eco

What kind of a store is this? And there's a coffee shop on premise?

It is NJ's coolest camera store

www.uniquephoto.com

And we have a gourmet Coffee Bar in out store...RedHouse Roasters Coffee, roasted in Union City, NJ

What kind of a store is this? And there's a coffee shop on premise?

It is NJ's coolest camera store

www.uniquephoto.com

And we have a gourmet Coffee Bar in out store...RedHouse Roasters Coffee, roasted in Union City, NJ

M, while I was interning in the city, my bus passed by your store every day. Whenever we went by I wondered if you and Zubes were chilling and having a cup of coffee lol.