#21 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

I can't wait for Marty's intermission analysis:

Friedman: Fellas, can you offer some insight on why Ottawa struggled so much in the 2nd period?

Weekes: "Ottawa failed to get their big guys to the front of the net. They need to power through the physical Penguins' defense."

Healy: "The Sens couldn't find a way to spark their powerplay. They're just not communicating with each other out there and they lack discipline in the offensive zone."

Brodeur: "It's that God damn trapezoid!"

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#22 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Anyone seen his performance? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#23 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

Posted Image

#24 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

He meant born in the 90s, not growing up in the 90s. I was born in 91 and I grew up watching shows like Rocket Power, Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. 

Kinda figured.  I go by production year...   not birth; since you already lose half a decade pooping yourself.  lol

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#25 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

He's going to have to cut down on the "You know". It's like uhh when someone like says like and uhh umm all the time and its like umm so uhh annoying.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#26 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

not bad for a first time i guess. he'll get more comfortable as the time goes on.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#27 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Weekes is so cute - he's practically holding Marty's hand.  That is a supportive guy.

I'm here for the party

#28 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

OMG LOOK HOW FAT HE LOOKS ON TV :icon23: 

believe-zubrus.jpg

#29 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

too bad i missed it i wouldve liked to see it... maybe i can find it on you tube
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#30 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

OMG LOOK HOW FAT HE LOOKS ON TV :icon23:

I actually did think his chin appeared to be softening a tad int he off season.

Hell, pizza is FUN!  and it's all about the FUN right folks?  <_<

I'm here for the party

#31 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

He's going to have to cut down on the "You know". It's like uhh when someone like says like and uhh umm all the time and its like umm so uhh annoying.

You mean like...

mike-francesa-tongue-o-s.gif

#32 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

You mean like...

Well at least he didn't fall asleep

#33 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

2000s kid...      the show was Aug1999-July2004.   

I only looked it up because I had no idea what the hell that show was, and I was born in 84.

edit: I guess you could say 90s...  but I pretty much claim the 90s as my childhood...   I don't consider the 80s to be mine at all.

im 1990 so im like borderline nineties kid.  i remember moon boots and double dare

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#34 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

She doesn't know what she is describing half the time other than to point out the obvious.  Her comments lack any value, insight or depth and often she sounds very unsure of herself.  If it was not for Sherry then Chico might be the worst color commentator in the entire league.

Matt L. is no better either and has to be the worst radio play-by-play announcer I have ever heard.  For hockey the PBP person has to literally describe everything that is going on so the listener can paint an accurate picture of the action unlike slower-paced sports like baseball.  Matt calls the plays at a snails pace and god help me if he can't announce the fvcking score more than 2 times a period.

Yeah, they're pretty bad. Sherry is ok sometimes, but other times, like that really weird interview she did with Zajac, which was absolutely cringeworthy, she sounds lost.

I also think if you drank a shot every time Matt Laughlin says "SHOT-SAVE" you'd be Sir Osis of Liver by the end of the season.

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, they're pretty bad. Sherry is ok sometimes, but other times, like that really weird interview she did with Zajac, which was absolutely cringeworthy, she sounds lost.

I also think if you drank a shot every time Matt Laughlin says "SHOT-SAVE" you'd be Sir Osis of Liver by the end of the season.

Sherry really does come off as a dumb blonde a lot of times.  She offers no insight whatsoever and just states the obvious.

lol you are right about Matt's SHOT-SAVE remark.  I just wish he would replace half of those with announcing the score instead of the 2 times a period they go to commercial.  I timed a few times sitting in my car for over 15 minutes without him announcing the score and that is not including commercials.

#36 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Sherry really does come off as a dumb blonde a lot of times.  She offers no insight whatsoever and just states the obvious.

lol you are right about Matt's SHOT-SAVE remark.  I just wish he would replace half of those with announcing the score instead of the 2 times a period they go to commercial.  I timed a few times sitting in my car for over 15 minutes without him announcing the score and that is not including commercials.

I listened to a lot of games on the radio and he says that NON-STOP. I can't take it. It's like Cangi's Shot-SKARRR, but at least Cangi stopped doing that. Then Sherry Ross jumps in with a comment out of left field or some dumb ass story that has NOTHING to do with anything. No thanks.

I don't want to sound like I dislike women in sports or reporting on sports(though 99% of them are just there to be blonde and have boobs/ I'm looking at you blonde chick on NHLN who said the Pens were looking to keep even the series with the Pens before they showed highlights of the 7-3 win.....c'mon, the nicknames are similar, but then use the city names to keep them clear in your head, of course this isn't to say she's the worst, that goes to stutter machine whatever his name is, that guy is fvcking awful, Mark Roe is it?), I just dislike people who don't know what they're talking about. If they want women reporting on sports, find someone who actually pays attention please and it'll work out just fine./rant

#37 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,441 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

You mean like...

I listened to him yesterday, because as a Met fan I had to hear the fan reaction to the latest embarrassing loss.  His version of "you know" is "I mean"...he must say "I mean" 500-600 times per broadcast.  And yeah, you get a lot of Butt-head type "uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh"s with him.  He's a lousy interviewer (often tramples over his subject's answers, and interrupts) and is not a particularly great speaker.  I find just about EVERYONE else on that station to be a better listen (except Carton, who's very annoying)...I really don't get why some think Fatso is so terrific at what he does.

Re: Marty, wonder if he'd consider do anything with the Canadiens, as far as broadcasting goes.  Easy to forget that English isn't his first language.  Are the current Canadiens on-air guys untouchables?

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#38 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

too bad i missed it i wouldve liked to see it... maybe i can find it on you tube

Scroll up, and all your prayers shall be answered!

Seriously, I thought he did fine for a first time. I don't think he has any training in it, so good for him if he's looking to get into that in the future. Weeksie is always great on NHL Network. I'd love for him to work for the Devils if they decide to drop Chico.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#39 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Probably the longest interview with Marty that I can remember and the closest thing to "unplugged" as you'll get. Enjoyable listen.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp.../#id=2387156648

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#40 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Any 90's kids remember when he was on Rocket Power with Jeremy Roenick and Luc Robitaille
http://www.dailymoti...-power-play_fun

One of the greatest goaltender match-ups of all time: The Great Martin Brodeur vs Sam "Stone Wall" Dellard :lol:
25smul5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users