#1 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,185 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Breaking now

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,706 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Bah, that sucks, they never would've won anything with him. Hopefully they hire Vigneault, he's a fvcking moron too.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Glad hes out of this media market. Dont have to listen to him or read local media talking about him.

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Buh bye Torts.

But yeah, like MD said, he was really holding that team back, shame to see him leave.  Hopefully the next coach fvcks things up just as badly.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,129 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

people tend to sh!t on this guy and make fun when his predictions doesnt happen and ignore it when he's right (which he's been quite a few times) but Incarceratedbob broke that news before anyone else.

www.SterioDesign.com

#6 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Glad hes out of this media market. Dont have to listen to him or read local media talking about him.

Same. I'm actually surprised though, maybe this has something to do with Lundqvist's hesitation about signing long-term?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#7 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,706 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Sather press conference 2:15.

#8 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

so how quick will the rumors of Lindy Ruff will be there next coach

Edited by sokar, 29 May 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#9 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Same. I'm actually surprised though, maybe this has something to do with Lundqvist's hesitation about signing long-term?

That's what Max Herman just tweeted. "Lundqvist's comments changed everything".

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,706 posts

That wouldn't shock me at all. Lundqvist might've said to Sather 'its him or me'.

#11 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Tortorella is an excellent head coach and to be quite honest, if DeBoer ever departs, I would love no one other than Torts coaching the Devils.  He reminds me of a mix between Pat Burns and Jacques Lemaire.  He just has to tone down his press conference antics a bit.

#12 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

I don't know if I should cry because this means no more downward spiral of poop for the Rangers or do backflips

n2eg.jpg

#13 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,993 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

people tend to sh!t on this guy and make fun when his predictions doesnt happen and ignore it when he's right (which he's been quite a few times) but Incarceratedbob broke that news before anyone else.

Incarcerated Bob takes educated guesses. We were talking about Torts being fired weeks ago. There was a whole thread on it.  Bob just says 'confirmed' and people think he's a genius.

so how quick will the rumors of Lindy Ruff will be there next coach

It would be a great move for them. I hope they don't hire him.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#14 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Tortorella did some things right, others wrong, but Lundqvist basically always bailed him out - when you've got a world-class goaltender it's difficult to get fired.  Hoping this means Ruff and not Vigneault.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#15 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

That wouldn't shock me at all. Lundqvist might've said to Sather 'its him or me'.

Don't get that at all.  Torts has a lot to do with Lunqvist's recent success.

Tortorella did some things right, others wrong, but Lundqvist basically always bailed him out - when you've got a world-class goaltender it's difficult to get fired.  Hoping this means Ruff and not Vigneault.

I would think that a shot blocking and collapse around the net strategy would help the goalie.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#16 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Curious to see Lundqvist in a more open system

#17 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,706 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Don't get that at all.  Torts has a lot to do with Lunqvist's recent success.Tortorella did some things right, others wrong, but Lundqvist basically always bailed him out - when you've got a world-class goaltender it's difficult to get fired.  Hoping this means Ruff and not Vigneault.

I would think that a shot blocking and collapse around the net strategy would help the goalie.

They don't score any goals though, and I think that's why Lundqvist may have spoken up. I think he's had enough of Tortorella's system.

#18 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,517 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Don't get that at all.  Torts has a lot to do with Lunqvist's recent success.

I assume, since Lundqvist wanted Torts gone, that Lundqvist feels like his save percentage will stay pretty constant and since Lundqvist has one of the best save percentages then the Rangers should play a system that generates the greatest number of shots for both teams instead of a system that generates the least number of shots for both teams.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#19 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

They don't score any goals though, and I think that's why Lundqvist may have spoken up. I think he's had enough of Tortorella's system.

It's hard to look at how the Rangers played in the playoffs and think 'this is a team that can win'.  Lundqvist again had a .934 SV% and the team went 5-7.  He had a .931 last year and the Rangers went 10-10.  It's hard to attribute any of Lundqvist's success to Tortorella - he did just fine under Renney, too. 

Edited by Triumph, 29 May 2013 - 12:32 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,129 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Incarcerated Bob takes educated guesses. We were talking about Torts being fired weeks ago. There was a whole thread on it.  Bob just says 'confirmed' and people think he's a genius.

It would be a great move for them. I hope they don't hire him.

no he called it litteraly like 5 minutes before the official news broke out, not something he threw out there months ago

he announced it, then KathyStrang reported it and everyone re-tweeted her

Edited by SterioDesign, 29 May 2013 - 12:34 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users