#21 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 8m
Glen Sather fires another head coach. Five playoff series wins in 12 seasons as GM of NYR.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 12m
Francesa, first to report firing, said over last 48 hours Tortorella had a difference in opinion with management over direction of team.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#22 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

I hope Lindy Ruff stays away from NYC.  He is an excellent coach and it would make the team instantly better.

#23 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

I actually enjoyed listening to Torts press conferences.....gonna miss those.

#24 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

no he called it litteraly like 5 minutes before the official news broke out, not something he threw out there months ago

he announced it, then KathyStrang reported it and everyone re-tweeted her

Being 2 seconds earlier than the real media doesn't make up for the 90+% of the time he's wrong.  Єklund (2.3% accurate) gets and deserves the same treatment.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#25 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,819 posts

It's hard to look at how the Rangers played in the playoffs and think 'this is a team that can win'.  Lundqvist again had a .934 SV% and the team went 5-7.  He had a .931 last year and the Rangers went 10-10.  It's hard to attribute any of Lundqvist's success to Tortorella - he did just fine under Renney, too. 

Renney was also a defensive, or at least, trap oriented coach.  Rags also made it another round further with Torts.  A marginal improvement, but improvement nonetheless. 

Maybe it was a personality thing.  In the past, you had Torts throw Lunqvist under the bus when he went through cold streaks, which virtually every goalie does. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#26 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Francesa just said that the firing really came together in the last 24 hours, that's why it's a conference call and not a press conference because it wasn't a planned event.

That's bush league, if true, you shouldn't make major changes in your organization without planning and discussion, even if ultimately one person makes the call.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#27 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,797 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Renney was also a defensive, or at least, trap oriented coach.  Rags also made it another round further with Torts.  A marginal improvement, but improvement nonetheless. 

Maybe it was a personality thing.  In the past, you had Torts throw Lunqvist under the bus when he went through cold streaks, which virtually every goalie does. 

The whole team changed.  The only guy left from the 2006 Rangers is Lundqvist.  So it's silly to just blanket say the Rangers were better under Tortorella - this year the Rangers put together a pretty good team on paper, it squeaked into the playoffs, it got probably the most favorable 1st round matchup (well okay 2nd most favorable, #1 would've been Toronto) and squeaked through that, then got pasted in round 2.  

Edited by Triumph, 29 May 2013 - 12:41 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#28 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Any media outlet that would hire John Tortorella should be ashamed.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Praise the Hockey Gods for Glen Sather.   He destroys the line-up again and fires the coach.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Any media outlet that would hire John Tortorella should be ashamed.

Milbury finds work. You can't get any worse than that.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#31 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

So can Lundqvist be as good without 5 other goalies around him, or will a new coach bring him the goal support he needs? Interesting to see...

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#32 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Almost nothing better than watching him deal with the media after a Rags loss.  As much as he's a douche, he actually fun to watching during those press conferences.

Posted Image

#33 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Why trade away Gaborik if they were going to fire Torts anyway if he had a short leash anyway?

#34 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

How I imagine a post-firing interview with Torts:

Stan - "John, do you think you would have done anything different with how you coached the Rangers?"

Torts - "Stan, I'm not going to go into how I coached or what I would do different...." <then proceeds to talk for 5 minutes on what we would have done differently.>
Put food on my family

#35 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Lmfao, it took all of 15 minutes on Francesa's show for an idiot Rags fan to suggest Messier as the next coach.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#36 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

no he called it litteraly like 5 minutes before the official news broke out, not something he threw out there months ago

he announced it, then KathyStrang reported it and everyone re-tweeted her

Right. He sees other peoples speculation, and quickly says it's 'confirmed' before anyone confirms it. Then, he claims he had it first.

He also said Asomugha to the Jets was a done deal because speculation was high that the Jets were going for him, and sure enough he signed with Philly.

Additionally, he had Parise to the Penguins as a done deal. Afterwards, Parise said the Penguins weren't in the late running.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#37 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Almost nothing better than watching him deal with the media after a Rags loss. As much as he's a douche, he actually fun to watching during those press conferences.

I agree. I'm also bummed that I probably won't be able to dislike the next coach as much as I dislike him.

Still though he's great for a post game presser.

Fox Sports web site just posted a page full of presser clips from him. Great stuff.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#38 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

people tend to sh!t on this guy and make fun when his predictions doesnt happen and ignore it when he's right (which he's been quite a few times) but Incarceratedbob broke that news before anyone else.

The guy has zero sources, he never "calls" anything. 

In any event, I believe the Fan/Francesa broke it first.  That's probably where he got it from, considering bob is a sometimes WFAN caller.  At most, someone at the station who knows him told him.  More likely though he was just listening to the Fan and tweeted it immediately afterwards.

Posted Image

#39 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Almost nothing better than watching him deal with the media after a Rags loss. As much as he's a douche, he actually fun to watching during those press conferences.

I agree. I'm also bummed that I probably won't be able to dislike the next coach as much as I dislike him.

Still though he's great for a post game presser.

Fox Sports web site just posted a page full of presser clips from him. Great stuff.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#40 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

I'm going to call Lundqvist to Tampa Bay 2014-2015

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users