104 replies to this topic

#81 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,069 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

I would dance a jig if the Rags hired Messier as head coach. Can you imagine if he was an epic failure (which is likely)? The media ripping their golden god because the power play sucks, the fans turning on their ultimate hero because the team is massively underachieving (in their eyes, we all knew what a disaster it would be lmao), and he juggles the lines too much... So much potential gold. So much potential win. But it's not gonna happen, I can't see them hiring someone with no previous NHL head coaching experience. My money is on Lindy Ruff.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#82 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Rags got permission to talk to Ruff  :(

http://espn.go.com/n...source-confirms

Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#83 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Stars are interested in Tortorella as well.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#84 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

The Rags would never be able to sign Messier to be their coach because the tears from his eyes would smudge the ink on his contract.

#85 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

The Rags would never be able to sign Messier to be their coach because the tears from his eyes would smudge the ink on his contract.

Though on the other hand MSG could save money by getting rid of the zambonis as his tears would be more than enough to re-surface the ice during the intermissions.

#86 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Torts had an interview with the Canucks today, what a perfect coach for them. Imagine Torts talking about shot blocking and the problem of diving and whining in the league to Kesler Burrows and the Sedins. Priceless. :giggle:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#87 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

'nucks need to get rid of their sh!tty GM

I'm here for the party

#88 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

Just to update this..it's looking pretty official that the Rangers are going to hire Alain Vigneault.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#89 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

This is hilarious

http://www.downgoesb...gers-coach.html

#90 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads Vigneault

Devils.

#91 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

eh, when they ditch their entire system, and stop buying big stars like Na$h and expecting them to fit in and carry the team, maybe they'll get better...Their big names don't like to share the glory, they don't play with the team mentaility we do

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#92 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

This made my night--thanks for posting.  Love DGB!

#93 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

"@NYP_Brooksie: Press conference introducing Vigneault as NYR coach will be Friday morning at Radio City."

Starting Vigneault off on the right foot with all the bullsh!t flashy New York pomp and circumstance. Maybe they'll bring along the streamers-shooter for the intro..

#94 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

eh, when they ditch their entire system, and stop buying big stars like Na$h and expecting them to fit in and carry the team, maybe they'll get better...Their big names don't like to share the glory, they don't play with the team mentaility we do

Wasn't Kovalchuk brought in as a big name? He seems to be adjusting just fine, no reason to believe Nash will be any different.

Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#95 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Kovalchuk totally and completely bought into the team system, and changed his game to do so.

Gaborik, Richards, Gomez - the list goes on and on and on - they didn't.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 20 June 2013 - 10:22 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#96 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Wasn't Kovalchuk brought in as a big name? He seems to be adjusting just fine, no reason to believe Nash will be any different.

I think what Legion is saying is Rags need to stop the big name signings as a rule. They need to calm down and stay the team building course, not regularly panic and just HAVE to acquire big names as they land on or close to the market.

As a rule a majority of big name signings are a bust - thus it's a rather poor strategy. A rental big name signing is pretty standard as is the occasional long-term deal that can grow out of a rental a la Kovalchuk.  The Rags, even in the age of the salary cap are still acquiring big names. 

You didn't need me to write that though did you? 

I'm here for the party

#97 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Since the Kovalchuk signing a couple years ago, the Rangers have been the headline-grabbers every offseason. Brad Richards was one, Rick Nash another. That's not including Marian Gaborik from a few years prior or the concurrent contract fiascos going on within that time with Gomez, Redden, Drury, etc., even Dubinsky's contract is one to add to the list.. These were all "big-name" high profile (maybe borderline in some cases) signings at the time the contracts were inked. Obviously, this way of conducting business isn't working all that much for them, it's a clear pattern. Every year involves a buyout or player buried in the minors, the Rangers are one close step away from the Flyers in terms of shotty management and the quality of their deals.

#98 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

It was never about Kovalchuk buying into the system, he did a great job of assimilating with the team.  It WAS about how others on the team precieved his signing.  The cost was two Captain's and a lot of quality depth and turnover to work the cap.  

Edited by MantaRay, 20 June 2013 - 02:22 PM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#99 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ruff head coach Dallas!

#100 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Messier is upset he wasn't picked to be the coach. Is not contemplating leaving Rangers organization. This guy is such a bitch. http://sports.yahoo....-164052391.html

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users