1631 replies to this topic

#201 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

We have some lousy deals, but nothing THAT lousy, thankfully. I want to resign Zidlicky, but if we gave him anything like what Streit got I'd pretty much break sh!t.

With Streit (1 year younger) getting that and Gonchar (2 older) getting $5M per, you've gotta figure Zid is gonna be aiming for around 5. I do not want to see that invested in him.

#202 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

We have some lousy deals, but nothing THAT lousy, thankfully. I want to resign Zidlicky, but if we gave him anything like what Streit got I'd pretty much break sh!t.

With Streit (1 year younger) getting that and Gonchar (2 older) getting $5M per, you've gotta figure Zid is gonna be aiming for around 5. I do not want to see that invested in him.

I'd consider 2 for 8, but that's about it. That's even pushing it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#203 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

must feels good for Pens and Sharks fan to see some of their top players re-sign over a year before it's due. Malkin and couture

www.SterioDesign.com

#204 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

must feels good for Pens and Sharks fan to see some of their top players re-sign over a year before it's due. Malkin and couture

Zajac signed a year before his was up.

#205 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Felt good when Jordan Staal signed early with Pittsburgh too, I imagine

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#206 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Zajac signed a year before his was up.

you're off by 6 months... not that bad

www.SterioDesign.com

#207 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

yea instead we never hear about anything going on with our players.. if anything is even going on with our players.... on top of which half of them always end up walking away from us anyway
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#208 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

Felt good when Jordan Staal signed early with Pittsburgh too, I imagine

yes it must have indeed, cause Shero was able to trade him and get something really decent instead of seeing Staal just walk away on free agency to join his brother. Pens has not being hurt at all i dont even know what youre trying to say there

www.SterioDesign.com

#209 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

yes it must have indeed, cause Shero was able to trade him and get something really decent instead of seeing Staal just walk away on free agency to join his brother. Pens has not being hurt at all i dont even know what youre trying to say there

Yeah, Pens weren't hurt at all, that's why their third line got absolutely hammered in the playoffs (and the regular season too, but some good luck with the percentages kept people from noticing).  Now the Penguins actually have to develop some bottom six depth instead of having Jordan Staal make all their wingers look good.  Asset-wise, they did just fine, but they definitely took a step back this year.

Edited by Triumph, 18 June 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#210 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

yea instead we never hear about anything going on with our players.. if anything is even going on with our players.... on top of which half of them always end up walking away from us anyway

That's bullsh!t. Name the 50% of UFAs we lost.

We don't hear anything because Lou isn't an a$$hole and doesn't let info leak, not because nothing is happening.

#211 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

Pavel Datsyuk has signed a three-year contract extension with the Detroit Red Wings.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425768

Edited by GoArmySports, 18 June 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#212 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Wow, thanks for being idiots, Philly!

#213 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, Pens weren't hurt at all, that's why their third line got absolutely hammered in the playoffs (and the regular season too, but some good luck with the percentages kept people from noticing).  Now the Penguins actually have to develop some bottom six depth instead of having Jordan Staal make all their wingers look good.  Asset-wise, they did just fine, but they definitely took a step back this year.

alright come on Tri, are you seriously trying to tell me they should have just let Staal walk and that it wouldnt have made a difference? They got SOMETHING for Staal and it really helped them, get real. look at us trying to develop top 6 players out of top 12/AHL caliber players after we didnt replace we one who left... thats better right?

www.SterioDesign.com

#214 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

God, you really can't let Parise go, can you? 

This is also a different CBA.  Under this one I think there probably would've been a better chance of Parise staying. 

And way to ignore the fact that Lou just did that very thing with Travis Zajac.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#215 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Pavel Datsyuk has signed a three-year contract extension with the Detroit Red Wings.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425768

So much for the draw of the KHL, lol.

alright come on Tri, are you seriously trying to tell me they should have just let Staal walk and that it wouldnt have made a difference? They got SOMETHING for Staal and it really helped them, get real. look at us trying to develop top 6 players out of top 12/AHL caliber players after we didnt replace we one who left... thats better right?

And SD. Seemingly every day you go farther and farther down the line on the crazy train about Lou and how he's not doing this, that, the other. I want you to go look at other GMs and find me SEVERAL that are better than Lou. If you can't do that, you just proved yourself wrong.

Everyone is sick of hearing about how Lou is terrible while you give absolutely no logical reasoning behind it besides "Ray Shero did this and that, but Lou didn't". Well, Lou is not GM of the Penguins, we don't have their assets, we're a different team. I would LOVE to hear what trades, signing, etc you would have made that Lou did not, which of course would have led to glory for the team. It's getting ridiculous. Like LD territory.

1. Iginla is old and Shero overpaid.

2. Morrow is old and Shero overpaid

3. Murray is slow as molasses, like Volch slow

You could argue that Lou made far better trades this year than Shero did.

Sometimes it's like you don't watch hockey, just read articles about it and therefore think everyone else's trades, prospects, signings are great.

#216 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'm saying if they kept Staal they might be in the Finals right now, and that while yes, Pittsburgh has the luxury of being able to trade its 3rd best center for a high draft pick, solid prospect, and decent 3rd line center, they were definitely set back by that move.  They slammed Sutter with defensive zone starts and he didn't really do well with them.

It's a good move, but it hurt them this year, no question.  Staal for Sutter is not a good trade, and that's what the deal worked out to this year.  In 5 years?  Of course they'll be better off.

Edited by Triumph, 18 June 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#217 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Datsyuk signed for 3 years and 23 mill. Cap hit is 7.66 per.

#218 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Datsyuk signed for 3 years and 23 mill. Cap hit is 7.66 per.

What do you think this means for Elias? Do we still think <$6M per is possible?

#219 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm saying if they kept Staal they might be in the Finals right now, and that while yes, Pittsburgh has the luxury of being able to trade its 3rd best center for a high draft pick, solid prospect, and decent 3rd line center, they were definitely set back by that move.  They slammed Sutter with defensive zone starts and he didn't really do well with them.

It's a good move, but it hurt them this year, no question.  Staal for Sutter is not a good trade, and that's what the deal worked out to this year.  In 5 years?  Of course they'll be better off.

its not because of suter or the no-staal that Malkin and Crosby didnt produce and that Letang did no play his best hockey. ridiculous to think that Staal would have change anything to the playoffs against the Bruins. they got SWEPT.

and fair to say and assume 100% that if that situation would have been in NJ, Lou would have approached Jordan like a week or 2 before free agency after Jordan already made his mind to test the market at that point and to play sign in carolina instead of costing the team youre going to of a pick and players.

THAT'S my complain about Lou, he's not setting himself up for the best return, its either 1- the guy will sign in the last week 2- we lose him for nothing

years and years of "going for it" all the time and not talking with players early to exactly know whats up and not getting at least something for them even if its a late pick. Its always better than losing a player for nothing in the long run. Of course it sucks to maybe trade away players that you know you wont be able to retain before the playoffs but you got to think about the future. I get that the ultimate goal is the cup but the sharks made if farther than us even after trading away 2 of their players this year. 

and then of course fans here will all be "you can't trade away players before a cup run cause thats the ultimate goal, nothing else matter, you have to go for it!" but then they'll go and make fun of Pittburgh "hahaha pittsburgh got screwed giving away all those picks and prospects for NOTHING they didnt win the cup!" well thats just fvcking hypocrite.

you stack picks and prospects that way and youre in a position to make moves like Minny and Pittsburgh did at the trade deadline. How long is it gonna take for us to have tradable assets? we can't do sh!t cause we dont have much worth tradable players and no assets either 

Edited by SterioDesign, 18 June 2013 - 11:54 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#220 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

A bit under the radar but I wonder if Lou would have any interest in 22 year old, right handed, C Corban Knight. The Edmonton Journal reports that he will be a free agent after August 15 as he has confirmed he will not be signing with the Panthers who drafted him 5/135 in 2009. He's 6'2, 201 lbs, and just spent the last 4 years at North Dakota. He entered college as a true freshman at 18 and has been at least a point-per-game player since his sophomore year. He was a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award this past season.

NCAA: 161 GP 52-94-146 0.91 PPG 145 PIM +65

The Edmonton Journal link above has a lot of quotes from Knight and speaks about how a few NHL teams have looked to acquire his rights. Hockey Prospectus recently ranked him just outside their top 50 drafted prospects and here is their write up on him.

Traded to the Flames for a fourth round pick, per Mirtle:

Flames acquire Corban Knight from Florida for a fourth round pick in 2013 draft.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users