1631 replies to this topic

#361 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

his only shot at getting paid and bla bla bla is a bit pushing, he'll get the years and the money anywhere now and fair money in NJ im sure, its really not as if for him its either poverty on one side and on the other side being able to feed his family. he'll make at least 4.5/5 anywhere he signs for 4+ years. Im pretty sure you can have a good enough life with 5m a year. He won't have to deliver newspaper during weekends to afford his house or wtv im sure

literally made me LOL
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#362 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Per Hockey 360 the Leafs, Panthers, Islanders, wild and the Devils have put an offer for Bernier but so far the Leafs offer is the best one out there. To take with a grain of salt of course.

www.SterioDesign.com

#363 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

you got that wrong though, Doan sat around for A WHILE cause his daughter got her face ripped by a dog and needed 150 stitches and bone / cartilage rebuilt in her face.

That's irrelevant. Why would that have affected his decision? I'm sure his agent was still talking to teams for him and knew what Doan was looking for in an offer.

#364 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

That's irrelevant. Why would that have affected his decision? I'm sure his agent was still talking to teams for him and knew what Doan was looking for in an offer.

http://sports.yahoo....g-20121009.html

#365 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

thanks for taking care of that buddy lol as if its irrelevant lol come on

www.SterioDesign.com

#366 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Still don't see it. He pondered retirement? I'm sure his agent took him so seriously that he told all teams to go screw.....This still doesn't mean he wasn't listening to offers, even if he personally wasn't taking calls.

#367 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Still don't see it. He pondered retirement? I'm sure his agent took him so seriously that he told all teams to go screw.....This still doesn't mean he wasn't listening to offers, even if he personally wasn't taking calls.

i saw an interview somewhere with him saying he did put away all contract talks and everything when that happened cause is family is what was really important for him and he was in no rush and bla bla bla bla. Thats why it took so long for him.

edit: so basically its not rumours or anything i saw his mouth saying those things from my very eyes

Edited by SterioDesign, 21 June 2013 - 12:33 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#368 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Sauer's been hurt so if he gets re-signed it'll be at the minimum or close to it.  They might even just say goodbye to him.  Zuccarello, eh.  McDonagh probably signs between 4-5 million, though it depends.  Stepan, if they hold him to a 2 year contract, is probably only a $2.5/3M guy.  Hagelin around 2.5M too.  So I could see those guys costing them 10M.  Yeah, that is a tough spot for them, wonder what they'll do - maybe deal Pyatt or something so they'll have room to sign Clowe.

I don't know, I think you're highly underestimating. McDonaugh's agent knows he'll get at least 5, he's the cornerstone of their defense and only 24. Stepan's definitely more than 2.5-3, he was almost point per game this shortened season and more consistent and clutch for the Rangers than Nash or Richards were, and led in scoring. Both McD and Stepan are young and not even near their prime yet, I wouldn't be shocked if just the two of them alone cost $9-10M to re-sign, for a GM like Sather. I just don't see those two in particular being traded or getting let go. Hagelin at $2.5M sounds about right, and I just don't know about Clowe.. And Henrik Lundqvist next year is a whole other mystery.

#369 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Mcd is one of the best d men in the league if not now will be shortly.

#370 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

if rumours we're true well we're out on the Jonathan Bernier dirby, Leafs, flyers and wild still in it. This was reported by Ren Lavoie which is always on top of things and very well connected.

www.SterioDesign.com

#371 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

I don't know, I think you're highly underestimating. McDonaugh's agent knows he'll get at least 5, he's the cornerstone of their defense and only 24. Stepan's definitely more than 2.5-3, he was almost point per game this shortened season and more consistent and clutch for the Rangers than Nash or Richards were, and led in scoring. Both McD and Stepan are young and not even near their prime yet, I wouldn't be shocked if just the two of them alone cost $9-10M to re-sign, for a GM like Sather. I just don't see those two in particular being traded or getting let go. Hagelin at $2.5M sounds about right, and I just don't know about Clowe.. And Henrik Lundqvist next year is a whole other mystery.

Stepan doesn't have arbitration rights, and the Rangers tend to sit on players that don't have them.  So I expect him to get a much smaller deal than you might expect given the season he had.  McDonagh has arbitration rights (I think) but is still RFA, so I expect them to eat up the rest of those years with a deal similar to what Slava Voynov signed - $4M is probably a low estimate but $5M is probably close to the top end unless they go nuts with an 8 year type deal.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#372 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Stepan doesn't have arbitration rights, and the Rangers tend to sit on players that don't have them.  So I expect him to get a much smaller deal than you might expect given the season he had.  McDonagh has arbitration rights (I think) but is still RFA, so I expect them to eat up the rest of those years with a deal similar to what Slava Voynov signed - $4M is probably a low estimate but $5M is probably close to the top end unless they go nuts with an 8 year type deal.

Aren't your guranteed arbitration rights during RFA? If no......I guess the only real leverage Stepan has is to hold out?

#373 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

if rumours we're true well we're out on the Jonathan Bernier dirby, Leafs, flyers and wild still in it. This was reported by Ren Lavoie which is always on top of things and very well connected.

Good, no need to give up lots of assets on a goalie gamble. If a goalie gamble is made, go with the cheaper gambles.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#374 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

http://www.hockeybuz...51#.UcXtAvXD8uo

Some mention of the devils in there

#375 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Aren't your guranteed arbitration rights during RFA? If no......I guess the only real leverage Stepan has is to hold out?

No, only players who've played for a certain amount of time do.  And yeah, that, or sign an offer sheet.  I don't think either thing is likely, though Dubinsky held out briefly a few years ago.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#376 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

how accurate do we think they are on clarkson? He doesnt want to be here any longer he wants to be a leaf.... ? Had alot of hope in resigning this guy thought he had some heart with this team
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#377 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hockeybuzz is not a reliable source for anything.

Edited by Daniel, 22 June 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#378 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

how accurate do we think they are on clarkson? He doesnt want to be here any longer he wants to be a leaf.... ? Had alot of hope in resigning this guy thought he had some heart with this team

Its Š„klund (2.3% accurate). He is widely derided for pulling rumors out of his ass. Take it with a grain of salt. He's often more wrong than he is right.

I would be surprised if we trade his rights, but at the same time the idea of him going to Toronto is not far fetched. That's his hometown and the team he grew up rooting for. That is the least surprising of his potential landing spots should that be where he plays next year.

#379 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

When was the last time Lou traded someone's rights? Yeah, not happening

#380 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

It would take something big for the Devils to trade a player rights away.  Am I the only one that thinks the only move the Devils are going to be making in the off season is re-signing players and thats it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users