1631 replies to this topic

#21 D88

D88

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

will be interesting how much money our RFA's (Henrique- Loktionov- Josefson) will get...i don't think henrique will sign a deal longer than 3years after his poor season, but i can see LL throwing out some money (i want 2M$ per year / 3years - but  i fear it can be around 3M$ per year) just to keep him on the roster (and we need his points badly). Loktionov should not get more than 1,5M$ and Josefson not more than 1,2M$.

Tedenby and Kinkaid are also RFAs.

what do you think??

Edited by D88, 30 May 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice is also great, and would suffice.
Robert Frost

#22 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

will be interesting how much money our RFA's (Henrique- Loktionov- Josefson) will get...i don't think henrique will sign a deal longer than 3years after his poor season, but i can see LL throwing out some money (i want 2M$ per year / 3years - but  i fear it can be around 3M$ per year) just to keep him on the roster (and we need his points badly). Loktionov should not get more than 1,5M$ and Josefson not more than 1,2M$.

what do you think??

I'd be ok as long as Lotionov doesn't get more than $2M. He played well, he played with Kovy a lot, but I'm concerned because we only saw him for such a short time. JJ is good, but hasn't put up anything point wise. I can't imagine we spend more than $1-1.25M for him. No need to pay him better than the 4th line if that's the only kind of production we can expect from him.

#23 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

growing more and more impatient every day waiting to hear about these deals.... especially the big 3 clarky elias and zubie.. we better hear something good soon or i may lose it!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#24 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

growing more and more impatient every day waiting to hear about these deals.... especially the big 3 clarky elias and zubie.. we better hear something good soon or i may lose it!

If only reality was like the EA NHL games. Make offer, fast forward 2 days, make offer, fast forward 2 days. lol.

#25 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
One brief discussion, but no actual talks involving Marek Zidlicky and the Devils on re-signing. #devilsoffseason

www.SterioDesign.com

#26 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

Jim Nill's first signing as an NHL GM is very Joe Nieuwendyk-ish. Gonchar gets 2 years and $10 million.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#27 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

Jim Nill's first signing as an NHL GM is very Joe Nieuwendyk-ish. Gonchar gets 2 years and $10 million.

That's brutal. Funny how the KHL can't even get an over the hill Russian

Edit- John Fischer from ILWT trust brings up a good point. Figure Zidlicky and Gonchar are roughly equal at this point. Zidlicky is gonna get paid and I hope not by us

Edited by SMantzas, 08 June 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#28 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Wow.  That's a horrible first move by Nill as GM. 

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#29 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

That is... Holy sh!t. That's right on par with the Dennis Wideman contract for sheer lunacy.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#30 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

If that's what Zidlicky is looking for dollars wise...let him walk. Wow.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#31 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Clarksonnnn .... Elias? Zubie.... Where are you's ... Growing impatient by the day if i dont hear some good news soon i swear im going to call Lou and bitch a fit
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#32 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Clarksonnnn .... Elias? Zubie.... Where are you's ... Growing impatient by the day if i dont hear some good news soon i swear im going to call Lou and bitch a fit

come on its only been 2 months and the draft and free agency is in 3 weeks and the only risk is losing 2 guys of our top 6 and possibly 3 depending on how you look at it, on top of the hole left after zach who was never replaced other than by cheap waivers pickups. No biggie.

of course im sarcastic but whats the point of blaming Lou here? he could have twitter and instagram posting pictures of himself on the beach everyday drunk and travelling around the world not doing anything hockey related and folks here would still defend him thats its the way to go cause of his track record and success. And if we do lose all those guys to free agency well its 100% not his fault either its all on the players of course.

www.SterioDesign.com

#33 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,623 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

That's brutal. Funny how the KHL can't even get an over the hill Russian

Edit- John Fischer from ILWT trust brings up a good point. Figure Zidlicky and Gonchar are roughly equal at this point. Zidlicky is gonna get paid and I hope not by us

That's a terrible point.  Comparables don't exist on the UFA market.  It's all about what one team is willing to pay you - would Gonchar have gotten that contract from another team?  Probably not.

I don't think the Gonchar contract is that bad in light of the free agent market.  He's still okay in top 4 minutes.  With any luck, he'll stay healthy and they can deal him at the deadline in 2 years.  This frees them up to deal Goligoski or Daley at the draft.

come on its only been 2 months and the draft and free agency is in 3 weeks and the only risk is losing 2 guys of our top 6 and possibly 3 depending on how you look at it, on top of the hole left after zach who was never replaced other than by cheap waivers pickups. No biggie.

of course im sarcastic but whats the point of blaming Lou here? he could have twitter and instagram posting pictures of himself on the beach everyday drunk and travelling around the world not doing anything hockey related and folks here would still defend him thats its the way to go cause of his track record and success. And if we do lose all those guys to free agency well its 100% not his fault either its all on the players of course.

All Lou can do, at any point, is offer a player a contract to stay.  If he doesn't offer a contract at all, then yeah, it's his fault.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#34 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Why would they want to deal Goligoski? He's a solid top 4 dman. I don't think Gonchar has made him redundant

#35 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

just wish we heard a little bit more about actual negotiations that have supposivly been taking place
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,623 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Why would they want to deal Goligoski? He's a solid top 4 dman. I don't think Gonchar has made him redundant

They need forwards badly, and the free agent market is going to be awful.  Would you rather deal Goligoski to say, Detroit, for a good forwards or throw big money at people like Pascal Dupuis and David Clarkson?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#37 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

They need forwards badly, and the free agent market is going to be awful. Would you rather deal Goligoski to say, Detroit, for a good forwards or throw big money at people like Pascal Dupuis and David Clarkson?

Fair enough, but save Dillon and Robidas, their D is pretty bad too. Goligoski scored at a 50 pt pace this season

#38 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

I don't know, I like Goligoski.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#39 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

I am looking at one thing: Bruins have 22 players signed for next year with a cap hit of 59 million. The two key players not signed are Horton (UFA) and Rask (RFA). I expect Rask to demand upwards of a 5 million cap hit, especially after his phenomenal playoff run so far. Horton, I could see asking for the same amount, thus putting them at around 70 million. They cant buyout Marc Savard cuz he is injured, likewise, Philly is stuck with Prongers massive contract. There are other teams in this league with similar problems. I think the free Agent Market is going to be a frenzy as teams try to get under the cap this summer. Should be a fun summer.

#40 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I am looking at one thing: Bruins have 22 players signed for next year with a cap hit of 59 million. The two key players not signed are Horton (UFA) and Rask (RFA). I expect Rask to demand upwards of a 5 million cap hit, especially after his phenomenal playoff run so far. Horton, I could see asking for the same amount, thus putting them at around 70 million. They cant buyout Marc Savard cuz he is injured, likewise, Philly is stuck with Prongers massive contract. There are other teams in this league with similar problems. I think the free Agent Market is going to be a frenzy as teams try to get under the cap this summer. Should be a fun summer.

they'll just kiss Horton goodbye there before they go over the cap. They may have to deal Lucic too though they'd probably prefer not to (too big a cap hit) so they can re-sign Bergeron in a year

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users