#521 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

per Ledger

The Devils have qualified restricted free agent Jacob Josefson.

no surprise for anyone here but still. heres something

www.SterioDesign.com

#522 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

RFAs are something, but I dont expect any of the UFAs until they're able to gauge their value during the interview period (3-4). No one was gonna offer sheet Josefson anyway. Henrique is probably next.

#523 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Interesting reports/rumours from hockey360 here.   

its french but its pretty much saying that the Devils are very very interested in Fucale but that they wouldnt take him at #9. Also saying that the Flames are rebuilding and have 3 first round pick so that maybe NJ could try to get their 22nd pick somehow.

Im not sold on Fucale yet, he's been good every time i saw him but i still think its risky to pick a goalie in the first round, especially if you have bigger need who usually need top skills (what i mean is that you can often found awesome goalies and dman in late rounds) while top forwards are mostly top pick and first rounders. but thats just my opinion.

http://www.hockey30....nt-malgre-tout/

personally i dont think the Devils are desperate for a goalie at this point unless they are not please with Wedge and Kincaid's development at this point, and i dont think its the case

Edited by SterioDesign, 25 June 2013 - 04:47 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#524 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Anyone read TG blog saying zubrus likely to get done 3 yrs 9 mill.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#525 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

TG's latest:

http://blogs.northje...w_period_nears/

Zubrus seems likely to re-sign.

“Dainius loves being a Devil and has tremendous appreciation and admiration for Lou Lamoriello and I think it’s pretty mutual,” Colton said. “We’ve had ongoing dialogue and I’m hopeful that we can work things out before free agency comes around. There’s a few things in the air for the Devils right now. Dainius would certainly like to stay there and it’s my feeling the Devils want him and I’m pretty optimistic under those circumstances we’ll be able to work something out.”
The numbers I’ve heard for Zubrus are three years for approximately $9 million (total).

Clarkson's apparently still more up in the air, though.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 26 June 2013 - 07:35 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#526 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Live chat on nj.com with Chere today at noon ET FWIW....

http://www.nj.com/de...#incart_m-rpt-1

#527 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,480 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

That Zubrus number feels leaked from his agent.  Also, I don't think that was the agent he had when he negotiated the first deal with New Jersey.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#528 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

I don't mind that number, Zubrus is more important to our system than most fans will give him credit for, 3's not bad.

#529 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

3 years for Zubrus is...meh.  I'd rather 2, but I don't think that extra year will be a killer.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#530 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

not a bad deal for zubes i feel 3yr@3per.. i read this article last night. Ive come to the conclusion that has i shouldve already known clarkson is not going to do any dealings with us until the market for him opens..which is obviously a no brainer but i guess i was just hoping other wise
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#531 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

I think everyone stays but Clarkson. If he hits the market he's gonna get overpaid so badly

#532 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Zurbus (age 35) seems like a mistake to resign for 3 years - if there's any truth o that rumbling.  He's a great energy guy.  Leads by example.  And he should be back in NJ, but 2 years max.

#533 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

I think everyone stays but Clarkson. If he hits the market he's gonna get overpaid so badly

I tend to agree with this prediction.  If Clarkson bolts, go after Bickel. 

#534 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Because Bicke;l isn't getting overpaid too? No way. He's basically like Clarky except he's like Clarky at the end of last year, just put up the best numbers of his career where had one less point than he did in 71 games last year and potted all those big goals in the playoffs, he's gonna get paid some serious cash. I'd be very wary of Bickell because as with Clarkson at the end of last year, we didn't know if that would continue and we really still debate whether his scoring is for real at this point. Bickell seems like a carbon copy of Clarkson at this point, but isn't as proven or familiar to the Devils org.

Edited by ATLL765, 26 June 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#535 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

bickell is leino 2.0. i don't want to make that mistake.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#536 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,480 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Leino was given a ridiculous deal because they thought he could play center.  A lot of Bickell's performance was his linemates, though.  As I keep saying, the problem with deals signed this year will not be cap hit - there's just not a lot of money around - it will be length.  Bickell being 27 means that unless someone trots out a 6 year deal they'll probably get okay value on the whole thing.

Anisimov signs in Columbus, 3 years 9.85M

Edited by Triumph, 26 June 2013 - 11:24 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#537 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Jagr done?

Chiarelli said he told Jaromir Jagr and Jay Pandolfo that the Bruins are not signing them for next season; Wade Redden is a possibility

#538 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

I could see NJ signing Henrique to a deal similar to Anisimov

#539 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

one of the hundreds of reason i hate the french media at RDS.

After the cup game they we're talking about free agency. Guy Carboneau, Mario Tremblay and 2 other guys that you probably don't know anyway. But they just went

"But to talk about a team in trouble, it's your old team Mario, the New Jersey Devils." (then he looked at his sheet holding it up high) "they have 6 forwards signed for next season. Kovalchuk, Zajac, Carter, Bernier, Barch, Gionta and on defence Volchenkov, Tallinder, Salvadore, Greene, Fayne and Larsson... they have Clarkson, Elias, Zubrus, Zidlicky, Harrold hitting free agency. They have a 200 millions debt and the owner missed the first payement so they won't be able to sign anyone really. Well... who's gonna play for them next year?!? they dont even have a full roster." They TOTALLY ignored all of our RFAs without even naming them lol

Then Mario tremblay went saying that he thinks Clarkson is gone but that they'll keep the rest bla bla bla

i mean... seriously thats what i HATE about them. They'll get some kind of news and just report it without looking at the details and not even coming back on it eventually. They reported every single time there was a rumours of bankruptcy or something but never reported when the report was denied by the league or when the refinancement was done. fvcking ridiculous.

then i have to deal with all those morons who doesnt know better who come to me saying. "Soooo the Devils are broke uh? they have no money and will move soon hahahaha!" fvck them.

Edited by SterioDesign, 26 June 2013 - 12:08 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#540 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

Henrique at 3/m year?  For what?  He was AWFUL last year without Zach.

He'll probably get that, since he's a young center with decent potential, but man..I won't be happy if he gets over 2.5 a year.

believe-ll.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users