1631 replies to this topic

#541 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Henrique at 3/m year? For what? He was AWFUL last year without Zach.

He'll probably get that, since he's a young center with decent potential, but man..I won't be happy if he gets over 2.5 a year.

I mean, he definitely took a step back but was still on pace to score 20+ goals

#542 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

one of the hundreds of reason i hate the french media at RDS.

After the cup game they we're talking about free agency. Guy Carboneau, Mario Tremblay and 2 other guys that you probably don't know anyway. But they just went

"But to talk about a team in trouble, it's your old team Mario, the New Jersey Devils." (then he looked at his sheet holding it up high) "they have 6 forwards signed for next season. Kovalchuk, Zajac, Carter, Bernier, Barch, Gionta and on defence Volchenkov, Tallinder, Salvadore, Greene, Fayne and Larsson... they have Clarkson, Elias, Zubrus, Zidlicky, Harrold hitting free agency. They have a 200 millions debt and the owner missed the first payement so they won't be able to sign anyone really. Well... who's gonna play for them next year?!? they dont even have a full roster." They TOTALLY ignored all of our RFAs without even naming them lol

Then Mario tremblay went saying that he thinks Clarkson is gone but that they'll keep the rest bla bla bla

i mean... seriously thats what i HATE about them. They'll get some kind of news and just report it without looking at the details and not even coming back on it eventually. They reported every single time there was a rumours of bankruptcy or something but never reported when the report was denied by the league or when the refinancement was done. fvcking ridiculous.

then i have to deal with all those morons who doesnt know better who come to me saying. "Soooo the Devils are broke uh? they have no money and will move soon hahahaha!" fvck them.

So now we go from 40 million dollars in arena debt to 200 million.

Brilliant.

Too bad no one is buying that trashy NY Post piece.

Edited by TheMazz, 26 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#543 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Henrique getting 500K more than optimal deal is not a killer. I'm more concerned about the #s the older players are going to be getting. 

#544 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Anisimov is arb eligible and that deal takes up some UFA years - no way Henrique gets that kind of money unless he's getting a 4 or 5 year deal

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#545 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Henrique getting 500K more than optimal deal is not a killer. I'm more concerned about the #s the older players are going to be getting. 

exactly, especially since were not even near the cap so theres rooms and its not like we have to suqeeze all those top players and that every 500k matters. It matters but for the owners pocket and thats it.

www.SterioDesign.com

#546 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

exactly, especially since were not even near the cap so theres rooms and its not like we have to suqeeze all those top players and that every 500k matters. It matters but for the owners pocket and thats it.

And that might matter more than we'd like to acknowledge.  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#547 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

And that might matter more than we'd like to acknowledge.  

yeah thats the sh!tty part. With team able to spend to the cap and beyond in salary its not a problem for fans. It sucks no knowing the limits 

As per Larry Brooks, the Toronto Maple Leafs and Tampa Bay Lightning have discussed a trade that would send Vincent Lecavalier, who has seven years and $45 million remaining on his contract, along with another asset to the Maple Leafs.

interesting

www.SterioDesign.com

#548 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

If the team is on an internal budget, every dollar matters more, not less.  

#549 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

Kunitz re-signed for a 3.85m for 3 years. Thats a really good deal for what he can bring

www.SterioDesign.com

#550 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

per RenLavoie

Just learn that the Lightning will buy out Vincent Lecavalier contract. #RDS

wow

www.SterioDesign.com

#551 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

^^^ Beat me by seconds. Wow was my reaction as well!

#552 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Now THAT is an interesting development...

Also, unrelated but also interesting, KHL apparently offered Bobrosky 10,000,000 (yes, that is correct) a year for multiple years.

http://en.rsport.ru/.../669811773.html

10m/year after a stellar 40 game season?  TAKE IT AND RUN BOB!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#553 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Now THAT is an interesting development...

Also, unrelated but also interesting, KHL apparently offered Bobrosky 10,000,000 (yes, that is correct) a year for multiple years.

http://en.rsport.ru/.../669811773.html

10m/year after a stellar 40 game season?  TAKE IT AND RUN BOB!

That's tax free too I think. I could seriously see him taking that, that's a sh!t ton of money.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#554 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

Considering he'll get maybe 6.5m at the absolute most in the NHL, it seems like a no-brainer.  Sign with the KHL for however long they'll offer the tax-free dollars, and come back to live/play in NA (if he wants) afterwards.

Would suck for the CBJ though, but what're you going to do.

believe-ll.jpg

#555 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Assistance required: Does a bought out player get the original money ON TOP of the new contract they sign? EX. Bryz is getting 1.6 mil for the next 14 years from philly, if he signs a new 3 mil contract does that mean he is getting 4.6 mil this year or is it 1.6 from philly and 1.4 from the new team? Thanks in advanced.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#556 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Considering he'll get maybe 6.5m at the absolute most in the NHL, it seems like a no-brainer.  Sign with the KHL for however long they'll offer the tax-free dollars, and come back to live/play in NA (if he wants) afterwards.

It's not a no-brainer - playing in Russia sucks, and if he left now, it'd be tough for him to come back to the NHL.  This is a guy who flew to the US to accept his Vezina trophy - I don't think he's leaving.

Assistance required: Does a bought out player get the original money ON TOP of the new contract they sign? EX. Bryz is getting 1.6 mil for the next 14 years from philly, if he signs a new 3 mil contract does that mean he is getting 4.6 mil this year or is it 1.6 from philly and 1.4 from the new team? Thanks in advanced.

Yes.  You get paid by the old team regardless of what happens with your new one (or whether you find a new one).  It means these guys have the financial security to choose where they want to play and take a little less if it means going where they really want.

#557 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

You could say that for pretty much any KHL player. They're always going to make more there, Bob aside. Yet nobody goes but Radulov.

And like Tri said, playing in Russia's awful. Who would go back there esp after the Lokomotiv stuff and Cherepanov stuff. It's not exactly safe there

Edited by DH26, 27 June 2013 - 08:41 AM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#558 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yes, which is why in a case like Gomez, the player might sign for a pretty low contract, relatively speaking. When they announced this whole buyout stuff last year, and the trade deadline came and went without any significant moves by Lou, I realized that Lou was going to wait to pick up some of these buyouts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lou takes a run at a Briere or Lecavelier for a discount. They've been in the league long enough to know what the Devils organization (and Lou) is all about..

Edited by DJ Eco, 27 June 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#559 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

Which is why Lou needs to get on the phone with Bryz, Briere and now Lecav. :P

Posted Image

#560 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

It might indeed 'suck' to play in Russia, but I mean...unless he's one of those "cup or bust" guys who's fueled by a chance to win the cup..we're talking about a 4m/year difference between here and there.

4 million dollars.  That's more than most players will ever make per year.  And I don't buy the 'it's difficult to come back'.  Maybe he'll burn his bridges in CBJ, but it's do-able.  If he plays well in Russia, someone will want him back. 

believe-ll.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users