SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Rumor: #devils are offering Briere $7M over 3 years

2.3m per season on the cap... well i'd be down for that though

Edited by SterioDesign, 03 July 2013 - 02:29 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#842 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Rumor: #devils are offering Briere $7M over 3 years

2.3m per season on the cap... well i'd be down for that though

Source?

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#843 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

After reading more I'd be sold on us getting Brad Boyes to replace Clarkson. He's fallen a bit, but he put up really good numbers with STL. He's a right wing and is only 31. 3 year deal at about 6mil won't break the bank.

After reading more I'd be sold on us getting Brad Boyes to replace Clarkson. He's fallen a bit, but he put up really good numbers with STL. He's a right wing and is only 31. 3 year deal at about 6mil won't break the bank.

Boyes would be a good addition as would M. Ryder. Short term (let them prove their worth.) I think Briere might sign with us because of the proximity to Philly. 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#844 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Devils are among Briere's finalists, same source says.

#845 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,581 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

35+ bonuses only work on one year contracts, not likely an option for Elias 

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#846 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

also reported that Thomas would like to play for the Flyers? 

They are going to have to pay him in Skittles and high-5's.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#847 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Not that I believe it but Briere at 2.3 per is a steal

#848 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Twitter rumor is that our offer is 3 yrs/7M Guess the AAV would be 2.3. If true obviously.

https://twitter.com/...508832003530752

Not that I believe it but Briere at 2.3 per is a steal

totally didnt see this before I posted, but yea I agree.

#849 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,581 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

We know better than to trust Twitter rumormongers don't we?  C'mon now.

#850 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

We know better than to trust Twitter rumormongers don't we?  C'mon now.

Trust? Its a basis for discussion on a potential contract. 

Does everything have to be black and white/confirmed for discussion?

#851 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,581 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Trust? Its a basis for discussion on a potential contract. 

Does everything have to be black and white/confirmed for discussion?

Yes?  I mean - you could just ask the question yourself - what do you think the Devils would/could/should pay Briere if they got him, rather then rely on this guy, who almost certainly has no sources whatsoever.  Then you've got people saying 'Ooh, we're gonna get Briere at that price?'  etc.  It lends the discussion an air of certainty it shouldn't have.  I mean like I've been saying, it will be years over dollars for a lot of these guys, so that's not totally unreasonable, but it seems pretty unlikely.

#852 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Didn't you know, GHDI? Triumph is in charge of the internets.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#853 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yes?  I mean - you could just ask the question yourself - what do you think the Devils would/could/should pay Briere if they got him, rather then rely on this guy, who almost certainly has no sources whatsoever.  Then you've got people saying 'Ooh, we're gonna get Briere at that price?'  etc.  It lends the discussion an air of certainty it shouldn't have.  I mean like I've been saying, it will be years over dollars for a lot of these guys, so that's not totally unreasonable, but it seems pretty unlikely.

Who cares? This argument comes up every year on here.

Its speculation and regardless of the chance of them being true or not is besides the point. Everything doesnt have to be black and white to be discussed or speculated on a damn forum.

#854 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Who cares? This argument comes up every year on here.

Its speculation and regardless of the chance of them being true or not is besides the point. Everything doesnt have to be black and white to be discussed or speculated on a damn forum.

Would you believe it if some random guy off the street just start spouting that he "heard" things? 

I think everyone pretty much agrees to just laugh off what Єklund (2.3% accurate) makes up but the twitter no names are even worse, track record wise.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#855 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Some posters on this forum act like they are a panelist on The McLaughlin Group. Sheesh. The speculation is part of the fun. After all, hockey is a game and games are supposed to be fun.  :dizzy:

#856 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Would you believe it if some random guy off the street just start spouting that he "heard" things? 

I think everyone pretty much agrees to just laugh off what Єklund (2.3% accurate) makes up but the twitter no names are even worse, track record wise.

I dont think anyone disagrees with you about Єklund (2.3% accurate), but your first statement is ridiculous.

Speculation and fantasy are part of the allure of these next few days. What will we do? Whats a realistic potential contract?

This isnt TSN.

#857 hasunow

hasunow

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Some posters on this forum act like they are a panelist on The McLaughlin Group. Sheesh. The speculation is part of the fun. After all, hockey is a game and games are supposed to be fun.  :dizzy:

There should be more rational people like you on the internet. I dig your style. :cheers:

I could not agree more. It's really fun to get excited about any deals, especially when it effects the Devils. All we can do is sit back, (try to) relax and enjoy the show because that is all this is. A big fun show!

Doodles From My Noodle - Art Website

I'm on Twitter!

#858 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

I dont think anyone disagrees with you about Єklund (2.3% accurate), but your first statement is ridiculous.

Speculation and fantasy are part of the allure of these next few days. What will we do? Whats a realistic potential contract?

This isnt TSN.

But posting "The Devils have offered this" isn't speculation or fantasy, it's making stuff up. 

I don't care if people want to speculate or fantasize about things, it's just silly to post some nobodies made up BS to get twitter hits and acting like that's a fun place to start discussions.

How is reposting some random twitter accounts statement about something different than me saying I heard a statement from a stranger on the street?

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#859 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Gentlemen! This is the UFA Thread! There is no fighting in the UFA thread!

astrangecover17x.jpg

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#860 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

But posting "The Devils have offered this" isn't speculation or fantasy, it's making stuff up. 

I don't care if people want to speculate or fantasize about things, it's just silly to post some nobodies made up BS to get twitter hits and acting like that's a fun place to start discussions.

How is reposting some random twitter accounts statement about something different than me saying I heard a statement from a stranger on the street?

Where was "the Devils have offered this" posted without stating that it was a rumor beforehand by anyone here? Where has anyone in this thread put any real stock into the information? I'm not even the first to mention the same BS that's being discussed here.

The links are provided to show the source, as its requested at the bottom of every page. You can choose to click it or not, last I heard clicking a single Tweet do not accumulate or give that tweeter any sort of boost as a webpage does. Whether the source has weight or not is up to the reader to decide. I personally don't put any real stock into any of them, however, I think rumors no matter whether they're from you or McKenzie, or Twitter Rumor Guy #373 are a good starting point to discuss/fantasize. They're not posted as news or anything of that sort.

Is 3 yrs/7 million a realistic # for Briere? I would say he will likely get more, but if that # was true Id think it'd be a great contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users