1631 replies to this topic

#861 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) gets mocked because he has no credibility, using him as a jump off point for discussion is silly.

Using Arthur Staple or TG is a decent place to start off a discussion, otherwise you might as well just state your own opinion or say I want to talk about something.

Is 3 yrs/7 million a realistic # for Briere? I would say he will likely get more, but if that # was true Id think it'd be a great contract.

Exactly, you're analyzing a statement from someone who just made this up out of thin air.  It just leads to pointless clutter.  I'd rather hear what you think about Briere than what some persons made up twitter guess.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#862 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

When McKenzie writes "unconditional ($100) waivers" what does he mean by $100?

#863 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

When McKenzie writes "unconditional ($100) waivers" what does he mean by $100?

The team who claims him has to give the other team $100.  Regular waivers has a cost between $7,500-$75,000 to claim a player.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#864 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Some posters on this forum act like they are a panelist on The McLaughlin Group. Sheesh. The speculation is part of the fun. After all, hockey is a game and games are supposed to be fun.  :dizzy:

Exactly even if something is just a rumour based on nothing at worst if its bringing discussions and people saying what they would think of that deal if true and everything. Thats all fun. Some posters here are really too tight ass and act as if they own the place lol ridiculous

www.SterioDesign.com

#865 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Exactly, you're analyzing a statement from someone who just made this up out of thin air.  It just leads to pointless clutter.  I'd rather hear what you think about Briere than what some persons made up twitter guess.

WTF is wrong with that? I dont see how its "clutter" if we're taking the rumor and discussing whether or not it could be factual. And IMO, the rumored # is exactly what I would want it to be except for the third year. 

If I posted "I want to see Weiss signed for 5 years/20 million". That just came out of my ass. I would then hope that other members would agree/disagree as to whether that was a fair offer or not. No one is taking rumors as gospel. Its a discussion basis. Whether its from you or some random on the internet. It's not pushing the idea that this rumor guy is true or not. That is irrelevant to the whole point here. 

Whats clutter is people who dont like rumor discussion arguing about it with people who enjoy speculation/fantasy on a forum where there's no rule against it in common threads like this. An argument that occurs every damn year!

#866 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I get it, when a stranger tells you guys something that you know is likely a lie you want to discuss it with your friends.  It's ok, you're free to do that and I'm free to tell you I think it's a waste and silly.

Edited by Devils731, 03 July 2013 - 03:39 PM.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#867 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hearing Devils on the verge of signing Clarkson for 7 years and $49 million. Source is my twitter. Now waste your time and discuss:

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#868 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

I get it, when a stranger on the street tells you guys something that you know is likely a lie you want to discuss it with your friends.  It's ok, you're free to do that and I'm free to tell you I think it's a waste and silly.

Yea, b/c a wackjob on the street is exactly the same as discussing hockey transactions lol. Never change, 731. Same head up the same ass. In politics and in life.

Back to RUMORS!

Ponikarovsky to the KHL?

Ruslan Fedotenko (IHP) and Alexei Ponikarovsky (NJD) leave the NHL to join the KHL and Donbass Donetsk.

Edited by ghdi, 03 July 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#869 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hearing Devils on the verge of signing Clarkson for 7 years and $49 million. Source is my twitter. Now waste your time and discuss:

i'll bite on purpose and prove that i dont care about the sources since were just discussing numbers. so there you go...

7m per season is way too much, he's crazy.

here... im feeling fine, i dont hate the world cause i lost 20 seconds of my life replying to it and it gave an opinion on a subject who could bring up another discussion which is what were here for.. where's the fuss?

www.SterioDesign.com

#870 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Same head up the same ass. In politics and in life.

Classy.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#871 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

WTF is wrong with that? I dont see how its "clutter" if we're taking the rumor and discussing whether or not it could be factual. And IMO, the rumored # is exactly what I would want it to be except for the third year. 

If I posted "I want to see Weiss signed for 5 years/20 million". That just came out of my ass. I would then hope that other members would agree/disagree as to whether that was a fair offer or not. No one is taking rumors as gospel. Its a discussion basis. Whether its from you or some random on the internet. It's not pushing the idea that this rumor guy is true or not. That is irrelevant to the whole point here. 

Whats clutter is people who dont like rumor discussion arguing about it with people who enjoy speculation/fantasy on a forum where there's no rule against it in common threads like this. An argument that occurs every damn year!

The problem is that you and I understand that and some people do not.  This inevitably turns into a game of telephone where weeks later, people wonder why Lou didn't sign Briere to that deal he supposedly had on the table. 

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#872 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

The problem is that you and I understand that and some people do not.  This inevitably turns into a game of telephone where weeks later, people wonder why Lou didn't sign Briere to that deal he supposedly had on the table. 

Ive never been under the impression that a Twitter-like wildfire hivemind occurs on here or disregarded this possibility. I guess I put too much stock into the intelligence of our members to differentiate between speculation and tangible rumors.

Edited by ghdi, 03 July 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#873 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

:doh1:

#874 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Ponikarovsky to the KHL?

Ruslan Fedotenko (IHP) and Alexei Ponikarovsky (NJD) leave the NHL to join the KHL and Donbass Donetsk.

http://hcdonbass.com/?lang=en

Fedotenko has, but no word on Ponikarovsky.

#875 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

I need Danny briere on my team for one reason and one reason only. My ex girlfriend was a huge flyers fan and had three jerseys. Richards, carter and briere. Briere coming to nj would be a wonderful finish. Voodoo dolls do work my friends.

#876 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

im surprise how little we hear about teams interest with Iginla, not even sure i heard anything about him.

Edited by SterioDesign, 03 July 2013 - 04:43 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#877 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

im surprise how little we hear about teams interest with Iginla, not even sure i heard anything about him.

One of the throw things at the wall and see if it sticks guys said nj was interested.

#878 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

One of the throw things at the wall and see if it sticks guys said nj was interested.

i'm sure various teams are interested but i think he would be

www.SterioDesign.com

#879 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

[quote name="JRZYRIPPER" post="1199522" timestamp="1372887631"]

I need Danny briere on my team for one reason and one reason only. My ex girlfriend was a huge flyers fan and had three jerseys. Richards, carter and briere. Briere coming to nj would be a wonderful finish. Voodoo dolls do work my friends.[/quote

Did you poke alot of holes in her?]
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#880 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

It's especially weird, because when he was traded, the TSN guys had something like 'Jarome might want to stay in Pittsburgh or go to LA', as if he was just gonna roll on in there and be accepted.  But yeah, it's very strange.  I don't want him, though he's still halfway decent.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users