1631 replies to this topic

#881 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

It's especially weird, because when he was traded, the TSN guys had something like 'Jarome might want to stay in Pittsburgh or go to LA', as if he was just gonna roll on in there and be accepted.  But yeah, it's very strange.  I don't want him, though he's still halfway decent.

Look at the sh!t he pulled with CGY and BOS. I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks that way.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#882 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Arthur Staple of Newsday tweeted that the Isles are out of the running on Briere

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#883 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Technically TG broke the Zubrus deal off a Twitter source. It's a new reality, more often than not Twitter rumors are incorrect cause there's not the same standard as there is in print media.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#884 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Nathan Horton's agent, Paul Krepelka, confirms Horton was in Columbus today/tonight.

Retweeté par Tom Gulitti

#885 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Some good stuff on Weiss here

#886 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,126 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Technically TG broke the Zubrus deal off a Twitter source. It's a new reality, more often than not Twitter rumors are incorrect cause there's not the same standard as there is in print media.

We don't know that? That's what Zubrus may have said, but I doubt he knows anything about twitter. TG reported the deal first, so it wasn't out there anywhere. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#887 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

We don't know that? That's what Zubrus may have said, but I doubt he knows anything about twitter. TG reported the deal first, so it wasn't out there anywhere. 

TG did report the deal, but his first inkling of Zubrus being re-signed was a Twitter source.

#888 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Did TG really get a source from twitter? Seems unlike him given his credibility. His initial blog post makes no mention of twitter. (Not trying to be a dick, legitimately curious because hell, then that person may be worth a follow)

I'm not sure what Devils731 said that was so wrong to get hated on. It's just his opinion. I've always considered him to be one of the best on this forum as well as ghdi. One thing I've learned on this forum as twitter has blown up is that everyone treats it differently. Some people like me would consider a "rumor" to only come from a mainstream reporter and anything else from a random fan or blog as "speculation." Others may treat anything on the internet no matter the source as a "rumor" and they are free to do so. It used to irk me to no end but understanding that not everyone thinks the same way just makes me ignore what I want and let the speculation go on so it's a win-win.

Back on Briere, I can't stand him, but I'd welcome him on a short term deal given the state of the forwards. Be interesting to see what happens.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#889 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

based on Lou's quotes that TG and Chere are posting...

Lou Lamoriello said there is no change regarding David Clarkson, who rejected a contract proposal from the Devils on Sunday.

Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on Johan Hedberg: "We're working on it. We'll see what happens in the next few hours.

Lamoriello repeated he'd like to keep Marek Zidlicky. "That's our intent. And he'd like to come back.

one could guess that Lou is trying to trade Moose rather than buying him out. Lou's really loyal and he'd only buy him out as a very last resort im sure. He want to give him a chance to play again.

It kinda sucks but the Flyers are the best trade partners i think, kinda like Vancouver they are somewhat fvck with the cap and might have to make sacrifices. 

Hedberg + Urbom for Read or something? maybe add a pick or something in there but the flyers have plennnnty of good young forward that they wont be able to re-sign for sure and they really need a backup and some good Ds that wouldnt be too expensive. Thoughts?

www.SterioDesign.com

#890 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

I think TG said he was told through twitter. We never found out who or why TG trusted that source, so it was TG putting his credibility on the line. It could be someone he would normally call, text, or see during the regular season or it could be something completely else, I don't think it was expanded upon.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#891 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yea, b/c a wackjob on the street is exactly the same as discussing hockey transactions lol. Never change, 731. Same head up the same ass. In politics and in life.

Back to RUMORS!

Ponikarovsky to the KHL?

Ruslan Fedotenko (IHP) and Alexei Ponikarovsky (NJD) leave the NHL to join the KHL and Donbass Donetsk.

Poni played some great hockey for us down the scretch, I would hate to lose him again.

Edited by MantaRay, 03 July 2013 - 07:21 PM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#892 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

I won't pretend I'm good at trade proposals but since I'd rather not see the Devils buyout Hedberg what about moving him to the Islanders? They have no goalie under contract at the moment as Nabokov and Thomas are UFA's and Poulin is a RFA. I'm not sure what their plans with Poulin are but if they'd rather have him spend more time in Bridgeport, then maybe Hedberg could be the back up in Long Island. Islanders have a lot of cap room too. Plus this keeps Hedberg in the NHL without having to move really. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Hedberg for a 7th round pick

I realize this is wishful thinking but I figured I'd throw it out there. Not that a 7th rounder matters much but the Devils don't have one the next two years and it would save them $1.4M or 2/3 of that (if that is what the buyout would be, correct?).

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#893 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

The Devils almost certainly have to pick up part of Hedberg's contract to move him, and I imagine they'll only get a conditional pick back (like a 7th conditional on Hedberg playing 30 games).  I don't think they'll be successful, because who wants a 40 year old goalie coming off a horrible year?

A buyout would cost them $467,000 over each of the next two years, so picking up that much of Hedberg's contract would be a start.  Doubt that gets anyone's interest.

Edited by Triumph, 03 July 2013 - 07:42 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#894 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,126 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

I won't pretend I'm good at trade proposals but since I'd rather not see the Devils buyout Hedberg what about moving him to the Islanders? They have no goalie under contract at the moment as Nabokov and Thomas are UFA's and Poulin is a RFA. I'm not sure what their plans with Poulin are but if they'd rather have him spend more time in Bridgeport, then maybe Hedberg could be the back up in Long Island. Islanders have a lot of cap room too. Plus this keeps Hedberg in the NHL without having to move really. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Hedberg for a 7th round pick

I realize this is wishful thinking but I figured I'd throw it out there. Not that a 7th rounder matters much but the Devils don't have one the next two years and it would save them $1.4M or 2/3 of that (if that is what the buyout would be, correct?).

I think the Isles are the only team that would work for him and his family. A few teams in Canada need a goalie like Calgary and Vancouver, but he may not accept a deal there. I think Lou really likes him (like everyone who has ever played, coached, managed or interacted with) and wants to make it right for him. Now he has the NMC, so he has all the power, but I think Lou would have tried to anyway.

I think Vancouver makes a lot of sense for him if he would go anywhere. The organization knows him. He knows them, and he'd be a perfect non-threatening backup to Lou. Just that's probably way too far away for his family. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 03 July 2013 - 08:41 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#895 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

I think they're going to try and talk Hedberg into early retirement as hes not a cap problem with only one year left or <shudder> we carry 3 goaltenders which would be madness. Only other option is buying him out. Can guys with NTCs be waived? I dont see them waiving him though. I'd be stunned if we were able to deal him for anything unless we added a pick or something ala Malakhov.

#896 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think they're going to try and talk Hedberg into early retirement as hes not a cap problem with only one year left or <shudder> we carry 3 goaltenders which would be madness. Only other option is buying him out. Can guys with NTCs be waived? I dont see them waiving him though. I'd be stunned if we were able to deal him for anything unless we added a pick or something ala Malakhov.

retirement doesn't remove the cap hit. if anyone wants him and he'll go, he gets traded. otherwise he's bought out and his career is over. that's it.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#897 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

retirement doesn't remove the cap hit. if anyone wants him and he'll go, he gets traded. otherwise he's bought out and his career is over. that's it.

I know. What I was saying was that if he did retire, the cap hit wouldnt be so bad that we'd suffer from it.

#898 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Happy July 4th guys!!!  from the french Canadian guy

www.SterioDesign.com

#899 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

The same by the real french guy ; ) 

#900 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Per Eric Engles on Twitter: 

"Three teams remaining on #briere are believed to be Nashville, New Jersey, Montreal"

"It's believed #Briere will make his decision today"

https://twitter.com/EricEngels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users