#901 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Per Eric Engles on Twitter: 

"Three teams remaining on #briere are believed to be Nashville, New Jersey, Montreal"

"It's believed #Briere will make his decision today"

https://twitter.com/EricEngels

Interesting....thought Buffalo would be one of those teams. He also said he would like to stay close to Philly, NJ is the only team on that list that is fairly close...

#902 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Per Eric Engles on Twitter:

"Three teams remaining on #briere are believed to be Nashville, New Jersey, Montreal"

"It's believed #Briere will make his decision today"

https://twitter.com/EricEngels

alright! Moment of truth- 2.5 per wouldn't be bad at all

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#903 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Also I have on record from a good source that unless there's a substantial change in the situation David Clarkson is 100% gone. I know it's been speculated but source told me Lou has already moved on and is planning as if Clarkson will not be back. If you don't want to believe me so be it, I couldn't care less.  

#904 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Also I have on record from a good source that unless there's a substantial change in the situation David Clarkson is 100% gone. I know it's been speculated but source told me Lou has already moved on and is planning as if Clarkson will not be back. If you don't want to believe me so be it, I couldn't care less.

If briere is signed, clarkson is obviously history.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#905 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

If briere is signed, clarkson is obviously history.

well that would patch a hole for 2-3 years...

www.SterioDesign.com

#906 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

The possibility of Briere breaking out and playing like its circa 2006 gets me kind of excited. The drop off that Briere and Drury had after leaving the Sabres was pretty bad though Briere still put up alright numbers up until the last couple seasons.

815631765.gif

#907 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

i have a strong feeling he's gonna land in NJ for a reason or another. Not necessarely excited or what i want to happen... i just have that feeling. Make sense for him

im sure he has friends in philly and all but im sure getting bought out lit up a fire under his ass and that he'd like to hurt them as much as he could and playing them all season in NJ could help that. Plus he'd be close to his family now its the closest city remaining. Nashville would be a pain in the ass to move his whole family and all. and i know for a fact that he really came close to sign in MTL last time but choose philly, means he's cleatly interested in playing for the team he grew up watching but then he might not want to be a part of that circus cause things can go really bad there with the media and all.

so i say NJ and i wouldnt be pissed if we don't get him either

Edited by SterioDesign, 04 July 2013 - 09:28 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#908 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Also I have on record from a good source that unless there's a substantial change in the situation David Clarkson is 100% gone. I know it's been speculated but source told me Lou has already moved on and is planning as if Clarkson will not be back. If you don't want to believe me so be it, I couldn't care less.  

when the agent goes public with 'we got an offer and we turned it down' that's probably it.  hard to imagine NJ didn't make its final offer.  players improve but boy is whoever gets him counting on those 15 games at the start of the year being legit.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#909 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,738 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

when the agent goes public with 'we got an offer and we turned it down' that's probably it.  hard to imagine NJ didn't make its final offer.  players improve but boy is whoever gets him counting on those 15 games at the start of the year being legit.

I have a feeling the honeymoon will be over pretty quickly, wherever he goes.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#910 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

I have a feeling the honeymoon will be over pretty quickly, wherever he goes.

Which sucks because I like Clarkson but I don't think he is going to be able to remain a consistent 25-30 goal scorer.

815631765.gif

#911 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,738 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Which sucks because I like Clarkson but I don't think he is going to be able to remain a consistent 25-30 goal scorer.

Yeah, this is all the agent drumming up money that his client can't live up to. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#912 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Happy belated Canada day. Or is it Victoria Day? I'm getting old....

And early Bastille Day :)

I'm here for the party

#913 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

If Devils get Briere will Lou let him wear #48. ;) 

#914 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

And early Bastille Day :)

Thanks ! 

Let's Lafayette to be with you ! 

#915 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Someone on the Twitters said today (July 4) was the day Zach left the Devils.  Happy anniversary. :/

Hopefully Clarkson doesn't make it a double whopper.

#916 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

Someone on the Twitters said today (July 4) was the day Zach left the Devils.  Happy anniversary. :/

Hopefully Clarkson doesn't make it a double whopper.

we're safe he can't sign until tomorrow

www.SterioDesign.com

#917 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

we're safe he can't sign until tomorrow

Good point!  :thumbsup:

#918 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

So I guess we didn't use the compliance buy out on Hedberg since the deadline has passed?

#919 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

So I guess we didn't use the compliance buy out on Hedberg since the deadline has passed?

There is another buyout period I think. Sometime later in the summer during RFA arbitration? Could be wrong but I think that's right. I'm assuming they will try to trade him and if they can't then they will buy him out during the next buyout period.

#920 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

There is another buyout period I think. Sometime later in the summer during RFA arbitration? Could be wrong but I think that's right. I'm assuming they will try to trade him and if they can't then they will buy him out during the next buyout period.

Mckenzie just tweeted out Hedberg is on unconditional waivers....so I spoke a little soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users