1631 replies to this topic

#1101 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Odin, I hope not.   Jagr is washed up and it was painful watching him in the playoffs.  He is two or three strides behind everyone else, and is injury prone.    PASS, let someone with more potential develop

Agree... I noticed that in the 2011-2012 playoffs with Philly and this year was even worse... Hope we stay away. In fact, I hope he has a "triumphant return" to the Rangers haha..

#1102 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

well actually Aldredson said he wont be returning to Ottawa per SunGarrioch and a few sources

www.SterioDesign.com

#1103 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Alfredsson has given everything to the Sens and that includes being severely underpaid his entire career and taking less money in every negotiation. He deserves a chance to win the Cup and play somewhere else with, hopefully, no backlash. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1104 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,073 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

Agree... I noticed that in the 2011-2012 playoffs with Philly and this year was even worse... Hope we stay away. In fact, I hope he has a "triumphant return" to the Rangers haha..

Jagr was excellent in this year's playoffs.  He was not good last year, but he was one of Boston's best forwards.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1105 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Dreger

Alfredsson informed the Sens late last night to give Ottawa ample time to put together a plan for Clarkson ,etc. #TSN

www.SterioDesign.com

#1106 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Make some room JVB for the newest broke owner; Eugene Melnyk!!!!!

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1107 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Clowe lures a 5 year term.

Darren Dreger ‏@

#1108 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Clowe lures a 5 year term.

Darren Dreger ‏@

With his concussion history I really don't want him in NJ for 5 years.  I think that would be a big mistake.  

#1109 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

Jagr was excellent in this year's playoffs.  He was not good last year, but he was one of Boston's best forwards.

You are joking right? 

You have very low standards or little understanding of the game,  if you call scoring 0 goals in 20+ playoff gamesplaying on a teams #2 line with ample PP time is considered "excellent".   

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1110 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,073 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

You are joking right? 

You have very low standards or little understanding of the game,  if you call scoring 0 goals in 20+ playoff gamesplaying on a teams #2 line with ample PP time is considered "excellent".   

It's unfortunate that he didn't score, but sometimes that's how it goes.  In all other aspects of the game you'd want him to excel in, he was excellent - board play, creativity, vision.  Didn't look worn out.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1111 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

You are joking right? 

Although he did not put the puck in the net he was a very powerful forward for the Bruins in their run. He wasn't anything spectacular but he was creating space for his line mates and creating many chances.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1112 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

You are joking right? 

Jagr did look pretty good in the playoffs. I'd say he was flat out robbed of a goal 4 or 5 times... made some good plays on the PP. I'd take him in a limited role.
Posted Image

#1113 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

Just the magical pass for Bergeron during the Final... a PURE BEAUTY...  Jagr is awesome. Period ! 

#1114 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Chere: "WIth Devils' interest in Ryan Clowe, one member of the organization says: 'I saw him play for the Rangers and I saw him plan in San Jose, he might be a big strong guy but there was a reason he struggled a bit.  The game got quicker. Some guys could handle it....I don't think he'd be the right fit here'"

Edited by lucifer91, 05 July 2013 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image

#1115 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Chere: "WIth Devils' interest in Ryan Clowe, one member of the organization says: 'I saw him play for the Rangers and I saw him plan in San Jose, he might be a big strong guy but there was a reason he struggled a bit. The game got quicker. Some guys could handle it....I don't think he'd be the right fit here'"

I have faith in Lou, Clarkson wasn't exactly the smoothest of skaters either #ClarksonDown
25smul5.png

#1116 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

'As for Clarkson, who is expected to get a contract in the $6 million per season range, a Devils source said: "Six million dollars? I'll be totally honest. I think that's crazy because he is a one-dimensional player. Yes, he can fight and he can score some goals, but he has to play in the right situation and that's what he had here.'

Wow.

http://www.nj.com/de...t_flyout_sports

#1117 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Who in the organization is talking? He better hope Lou doesn't know where he lives.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1118 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

'As for Clarkson, who is expected to get a contract in the $6 million per season range, a Devils source said: "Six million dollars? I'll be totally honest. I think that's crazy because he is a one-dimensional player. Yes, he can fight and he can score some goals, but he has to play in the right situation and that's what he had here.'

Wow.

http://www.nj.com/de...t_flyout_sports

$6M for Clarkson is pretty damn nuts. He is one dimensional and needs to have linemates who will help him and feed him pucks.

Who in the organization is talking? He better hope Lou doesn't know where he lives.

LOL. It's probably already too late. Anyone read any articles about another body being found in the Passaic?

#1119 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

I bet you this is Elias... The Ledger guys have been tweeting quotes from Elias regarding Zidlicky, his new contract, etc., and then this little story came out shortly after. Elias has a lot to say, a blunt but smart point of view usually, and can be pretty outspoken on stuff like this. I bet it's him, sounds like him.

Edited by DJ Eco, 05 July 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#1120 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Whoever it is is gonna be "sleepin with the fishes" tonight!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users