1631 replies to this topic

#101 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

May just be being a worry wort but still not hearing anything on all of the FA's has me really concerned this team will end up in a deep pile of dog sh!t next year with there not being many options in fa players... Why hasn't patty been re signed yet? I mean seriously the guy wants to be here its well known we all figured he would be the easiest to lock up and still nothing. If clarkson walks who the hell replaces him? The offense is already paper thin.. Are other teams making progress of signing their FA's?

I'd just relax. There's the SCF, championships overseas and vacations and what-not. Plus with the draft coming up soon I'm sure GMs are holding out to see what the scene looks like. You'll start to see the UFA stuff pick up end of June. Always goes that way.

#102 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

I love it! Streit can't play a lick of D, is an over 35 contract and is gonna get overpaid

I'm pretty sure 35+ contracts don't exist anymore.

#103 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

I kinda wish we would of went after P.A. Parenteau last year. 4 years @ 4 million per was a pretty good signing by the Avs.

#104 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'm pretty sure 35+ contracts don't exist anymore.

No, they still do.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#105 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

So Schenn, Giroux, Read, Couturier and their goalie (Mason if he plays well) are a due for huge raises next year

#106 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

So Schenn, Giroux, Read, Couturier and their goalie (Mason if he plays well) are a due for huge raises next year

From a cap perspective, Read and Giroux yes, Schenn and Courturier not so much unless they really tear it up this year.  Schenn has a $3.1 million cap hit now.  Can't see him getting much more than that, and perhaps even less.  Courturier's currently a $1.3 million cap hit.  Maybe it goes up by $1 million.   

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#107 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

From a cap perspective, Read and Giroux yes, Schenn and Courturier not so much unless they really tear it up this year.  Schenn has a $3.1 million cap hit now.  Can't see him getting much more than that, and perhaps even less.  Courturier's currently a $1.3 million cap hit.  Maybe it goes up by $1 million.   

The bonus cushion means that these players do not cost this on the cap at all.  They cost their base salary, which is always less than $1M.  They will cost more after that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#108 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

The bonus cushion means that these players do not cost this on the cap at all.  They cost their base salary, which is always less than $1M.  They will cost more after that.

Got it.  Thanks

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#109 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Bryz and Brierre will be bought out to give them room.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#110 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Bryz and Brierre will be bought out to give them room.

Poor Flyers. If only they could get their hands on a guy like Bobrovsky...  :giggle:

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#111 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Just read that the blues will not be offerering Langenbrunner a new contract. So pretty much means welcome back langs.... Wouldnt be surprised at all if Lou signs him.

#112 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Just read that the blues will not be offerering Langenbrunner a new contract. So pretty much means welcome back langs.... Wouldnt be surprised at all if Lou signs him.

:puke:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#113 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

I don't think there's a chance in hell of that, especially considering the way he left. Refusing to waive his no-trade while being (allegedly) a disaster in the locker room isn't really going to be forgotten yet. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#114 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well they brought back Holik lol.

#115 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Langs to Minnesota to play with Zachy Poo.

#116 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

if he doesnt retire...maybe

#117 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,046 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

I could see that happening if Langs doesn't retire. EDIT: looks like hargsy beat me to the punch. :P

Edited by MadDog2020, 12 June 2013 - 08:02 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#118 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Captain Grumpy and Captain Man Child back together seems about right.

Edited by Zubie#8, 12 June 2013 - 08:06 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#119 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

I don't think there's a chance in hell of that, especially considering the way he left. Refusing to waive his no-trade while being (allegedly) a disaster in the locker room isn't really going to be forgotten yet. 

If he was still actually you know, useful I wouldn't put it past Lou (after Holik and Lemieux came back when they had ugly exits) but Langs hasn't been a good player at all in two and a half years.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 12 June 2013 - 08:40 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#120 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Why is langenbrunner so hated around here... I use to love the guy he was one of my favorites for a long time and it seems like he got a real bad rep when he was forced to leave i must've missed something
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users