1631 replies to this topic

#1401 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Unless we sign another top 9 center then Henrique will be a top 9 center. Brunner or Raymond would be a 3rd line winger

Depends on the internal marketing.  The whole top6-bottom6 thing isn't as meaningful in 2013 as it was 10 years ago.  If the Devils can roll 3 super strong forward lines, why not try and get that done?

For example - this group would be stronger than counting on Josefson to come through as an important 3rd line center.  But hey, it's also a valid point that many FAs will not want to sign unless offered a top 6 spot, so we'll see.  But I don't think it's out of the question or anything to try and lure someone to be part of a deep group.

Clowe-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Boyes-Henrique-Zubrus
Josefson-Carter-Bernier

#1402 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Depends on the internal marketing.  The whole top6-bottom6 thing isn't as meaningful in 2013 as it was 10 years ago.  If the Devils can roll 3 super strong forward lines, why not try and get that done?

For example - this group would be stronger than counting on Josefson to come through as an important 3rd line center.  But hey, it's also a valid point that many FAs will not want to sign unless offered a top 6 spot, so we'll see.  But I don't think it's out of the question or anything to try and lure someone to be part of a deep group.

Clowe-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Boyes-Henrique-Zubrus
Josefson-Carter-Bernier

i think it may be Lou's idea. We technically could be done. but we keep hearing that we're interested with a few guys so he may still be looking at getting us a good depth, cause really thats what get you far in the playoffs

www.SterioDesign.com

#1403 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

RFA Mike Hoeffel has re-signed with the Devils.

#1404 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Lou said he was done unless he made other moves.  Well, he's made other moves.  But I'd still be surprised to see something like Boyes.  If he signed someone in August, that'd be great.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1405 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Uhh....who?

#1406 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Uhh....who?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=spefM2OjKp4

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1407 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Uhh....who?

Devils 2nd round pick in 2007.  Doesn't look like he'll be an NHL guy but he's still only 24, could get some shot at some point in his life as a mucking 4th liner.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#1408 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

I see everyone is superhigh on Loktionov as a first line center? Sup with that? :P  Grabovski would easily push him down to 3rd no? Feel free to enlighten me.

Posted Image

#1409 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Nice. Hopefully the RFA signings keep rolling in.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1410 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

I see everyone is superhigh on Loktionov as a first line center? Sup with that? :P  Grabovski would easily push him down to 3rd no? Feel free to enlighten me.

Because Kovalchuk has no chemistry with anyone. So the hope is there will be a Russian connection.

Devils.

#1411 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

I don't think Brunner would sign somewhere to be a 3rd line winger. Raymond is buyer beware, he's gotten worse over the last few years.

Gerbe'd be fine on a two-way but on a one-way no dice. As for size, NJ also has Olesz, Zubrus, and Clowe - think they can deal with some smaller players in the lineup.

I agree that he wouldn't sign to be a 3rd liner, was just pointing out to the other poster that if he were to sign that's where he would fit in. Really have not paid too much attention to Gerbe, just know that he's really small and that Sabres fans really liked him. Is he not a 3rd line winger? Was under the impression that he was definitely an NHL quality player.

#1412 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Gerbe is better than Teds in that Gerbe isn't afraid to get in the sh!t.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1413 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Because we all know that the Elias-Zajac line will take the tougher minutes, so Loktionov will do fine playing with Kovy against less talented competition.

#1414 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like Loktionov. Just seems a bit premature to count on him being a top line center.. Grabovski speaks russian. :P

Posted Image

#1415 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like Loktionov. Just seems a bit premature to count on him being a top line center.. Grabovski speaks russian. :P

We're not, that's the point I was making. 1st line center is Zajac, not Loktionov.

#1416 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

I don't think Brunner would sign somewhere to be a 3rd line winger.  Raymond is buyer beware, he's gotten worse over the last few years.

Gerbe'd be fine on a two-way but on a one-way no dice.  As for size, NJ also has Olesz, Zubrus, and Clowe - think they can deal with some smaller players in the lineup.

Raymond hasn't really gotten worse in my opinion. He still put up 22 points last season.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1417 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 5h
Former #sabres Nathan Gerbe hoping someone steps up and offers one-way contract...#isles #devils #caps #Coyotes #Sharks all interested

n2eg.jpg

#1418 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

Minor but I just saw on NHL Network that Florida signed Gilroy.

#1419 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

2 years 2.25m per year for Hagelin.
Source Cap Geek, checked after Andrew Gross said he had signed. Don't think he's put out any numbers yet.

Edited by njd3b1ink, 10 July 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#1420 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

2 years 2.25m per year for Hagelin.
Source Cap Geek, checked after Andrew Gross said he had signed. Don't think he's put out any numbers yet.

That would be a fair contract for Henrique and i guess you can somewhat compare those 2 players.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users