#1441 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Good signing

Yep, I said I would have taken him over Brunner. Let him be a big grinding power-forward, let him give ya ten or fifteen goals as a bottom six guy. But not today
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#1442 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Yep, I said I would have taken him over Brunner. Let him be a big grinding power-forward, let him give ya ten or fifteen goals as a bottom six guy. But not today

He has 11 goals over his last 117 games.  Yea, awesome. 

#1443 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

He has 11 goals over his last 117 games.  Yea, awesome. 

Signing him wouldn't be a goal scoring move. He's a big body that can bring some toughness to the bottom six forward group and if given the benefit of a decent center (JJ) could give you some goals.

Watch, being back with the Ducks, he'll probably have no trouble scoring at least 20.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#1444 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

Langenbrunner going to Minnesota.. How lovely ! 

I can feel some jealousy between the two best boy friends around the cute little zach

#1445 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Penner@2M seems like a steal.
Posted Image

#1446 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

"@ToddCordell: Jacob Josefson has signed a one-year extension with the #NJDevils worth $725K."

#1447 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

"@ToddCordell: Jacob Josefson has signed a one-year extension with the #NJDevils worth $725K."

ok that's perfect.

Now lets see some more signings, keep em coming!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1448 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Dustin Brown eight year extension 47 mill. Front loaded contract.

#1449 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

I wonder how many of these 8-year deals are going to come back and bite players/GMs in the ass.

It's like, that's the default length now for "core" players.  Kinda makes me glad we don't have any big names to give stupid contracts to right now (except perhaps Schneider, next year)

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1450 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

I wonder how many of these 8-year deals are going to come back and bite players/GMs in the ass.

It's like, that's the default length now for "core" players.  Kinda makes me glad we don't have any big names to give stupid contracts to right now (except perhaps Schneider, next year)

you know we gave one to Zajac right?

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1451 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

So Brown, Bergeron, Couture all signed extensions a season before potentially hitting the market. 

so just if i get this right based on what i heard here. Those GMs are all retards cause its risky for injuries. And those players are retards cause it was their only chance to see big money and deserved the rights to test the market and would be pretty stupid not to wait to see whats out there? 

am i doing it right? i think im slowly turning the corner on this. Made 100% sense now that i think about it.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1452 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

yeah but its a case of we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Its certainly not better to lose all your top players years after years and have to overpay other players to replace them.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1453 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Avs Duchene five years 30 million

#1454 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

What I like is that the guys we have been associated with in interest rumours haven't been sign as of yet, so we are still in it.

#1455 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,503 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Brown's likely to fall apart, but whatever, he'll be worth it for 4 of those years.  I get why no one's trying to get their players on shorter contracts but it really can work out for you if you can manage it.  The Kings now have Richards Carter and Brown signed into their late 30s - Richards may already be starting to decline, Carter is still excellent, and Brown, who knows

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1456 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

So Brown, Bergeron, Couture all signed extensions a season before potentially hitting the market. 

so just if i get this right based on what i heard here. Those GMs are all retards cause its risky for injuries. And those players are retards cause it was their only chance to see big money and deserved the rights to test the market and would be pretty stupid not to wait to see whats out there? 

am i doing it right? i think im slowly turning the corner on this. Made 100% sense now that i think about it.

Travis Zajac says hi.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1457 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Travis Zajac says hi.

True Zajac got a huge extension a year early, but honestly other than him and Brodeur I am having a tough time remembering a player who got a large extension from Lou prior to the off-season.

#1458 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

True Zajac got a huge extension a year early, but honestly other than him and Brodeur I am having a tough time remembering a player who got a large extension from Lou prior to the off-season.

Stevens did also. And he did attempt to sign Zach in the RFA year, but he was coming off the knee injury and headed to arbitration (I think he signed the day before). Without the uncertainty, who knows how that would have worked out.

Lou seems to be willing to do that with the most important players. He already hinted at talking to Schneider as soon as he's allowed to.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1459 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Stevens did also. And he did attempt to sign Zach in the RFA year, but he was coming off the knee injury and headed to arbitration (I think he signed the day before). Without the uncertainty, who knows how that would have worked out.

Lou seems to be willing to do that with the most important players. He already hinted at talking to Schneider as soon as he's allowed to.

For Zach I am not going to blame Lou too much for that.  I do think that Zach had his agent speaking into his ear quite a bit and Lou was distracted by the Kovy signing which was more of JVB's doing.

I really would like for Lou to start talking to Scheider as soon as he is allowed to.  Seeing what other goaltenders are getting on the open UFA market is crazy and hopefully Lou can lock him up for a long time.

#1460 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

For Zach I am not going to blame Lou too much for that.  I do think that Zach had his agent speaking into his ear quite a bit and Lou was distracted by the Kovy signing which was more of JVB's doing.

I really would like for Lou to start talking to Scheider as soon as he is allowed to.  Seeing what other goaltenders are getting on the open UFA market is crazy and hopefully Lou can lock him up for a long time.

It sounded to me like Lou and Schneider have already talked about signing a long term deal but they can't do anything until next July.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users