1631 replies to this topic

#1561 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

What about Schneider leads you to believe he'll get paid more though? He's not handled a true starter load yet and he's not won in the playoffs like Crawford has and undoubtedly that gets you paid more in the NHL.

If Schneider takes us to the promised land next year, then we should start thinking about whether he'll get $6+M, but until then, I think it's entirely plausible he signs for less.

To a large extent, it depends on how well he plays this year.  If he's putting up numbers like he did in Vancouver and the Devils are on their way to the playoffs, in my opinion anyway, that's enough of a track record to not worry about the fact he hasn't yet handled a full year as the number 1 goalie. 

Rask actually does not have that many more games under his belt than Schneider.  Same goes for Crawford.  True, those guys have the playoff track record that Schneider doesn't yet have.  But both Rask and Crawford were playing for better teams that won the Cup with different goalies in net the first time around. 

The advantage that Schneider has over Crawford is that the Devils need Schneider a lot more than the Hawks need Crawford.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1562 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

McKenzie tweeted out about Stepan wanting a similar deal to McDonagh but Sather isn't offering it. I wonder if he'll hold out.

#1563 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

Tell me this doesn't get you juiced up y6ubaned.jpg

Edited by Colin226, 04 September 2013 - 07:44 AM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1564 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

TG talking about Moose and Lou, and how Moose is still looking to play but Lou has a spot for him in the organization.  I wonder what kind of spot that is?  Goaltending Scout of opposing teams? 

Posted Image

#1565 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

TG talking about Moose and Lou, and how Moose is still looking to play but Lou has a spot for him in the organization.  I wonder what kind of spot that is?  Goaltending Scout of opposing teams? 

least surprising news ever.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1566 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Tell me this doesn't get you juiced up y6ubaned.jpg

No it pretty much looks exactly like the last time I remember it.

#1567 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Get's me psyched...although I guess another suprise splash move prior to the season would make me happier =-/

#1568 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

No it pretty much looks exactly like the last time I remember it.

Hey, that's better than brother's comment last night: "Looks like a typical Devils home game." :doh1:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1569 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Hey, that's better than brother's comment last night: "Looks like a typical Devils home game." :doh1:

Ask your brother about how his Rangers partial plan was last year.  Oh yeah I forgot they priced him out of the arena.

#1570 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun: With getting Corey Crawfordand Niklas Hjalmarsson locked up long-term, GM Stan Bowman will look to extend Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane next summer. Both currently have two years remaining on their deals that pay them both $6.3 million per season.

i dont know why but looking at this and seeing like Ana re-signing Perry and Getzlaf early and all those other teams locking up their franchise players even before their contracts are up. I somehow feel jealous, can't put my finger on why... but i really do feel jealous

www.SterioDesign.com

#1571 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait. I will not take... GET THE HELL OVER IT ALREADY

#1572 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,799 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

i dont know why but looking at this and seeing like Ana re-signing Perry and Getzlaf early and all those other teams locking up their franchise players even before their contracts are up. I somehow feel jealous, can't put my finger on why... but i really do feel jealous

Yeah, I'd be jealous of a team that just signed lifetime .913 goalie Corey Crawford to a deal that takes him until he's 35.  Not to mention 5 years with Hjalmarsson, a player I like but who's not going to significantly outplay that contract.  And of course while NJ was contending for Cups in the late 90s early 00s, Chicago went through 10 years of being a total non-factor and NHL laughing stock, which is why they got Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews in the first place.

Edited by Triumph, 05 September 2013 - 09:43 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1573 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait. I will not take... GET THE HELL OVER IT ALREADY

This. Sweet Jesus it's a broken record.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1574 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Could you be any more annoying and stupidly repetitive?   

For one, as much as you seem to be incapable of realizing it, there's a new CBA in place...one that gives teams a nice edge in re-signing their own players...if these rules had been in place when Parise had been a UFA, very good chance he would've still been here.  And way to keep ignoring that Lou re-signed Zajac before his contract was up, and locked up Henrique to six years when he clearly didn't have to. 

This crap with you all goes back to Parise and you fvcking KNOW it, even though you won't admit it...get the fvck over it already and shut up with the lame jabs at Lou!  And if you're so friggin' jealous of other teams who apparently do everything "right", go root for one of them.  You won't be missed.     

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 05 September 2013 - 11:53 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1575 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

For one, as much as you seem to be incapable of realizing it, there's a new CBA in place...one that gives teams a nice edge in re-signing their own players...if these rules had been in place when Parise had been a UFA, very good chance he would've still been here. And way to keep ignoring that Lou re-signed Zajac before his contract was up, and locked up Henrique to six years when he clearly didn't have to.

This crap with you all goes back to Parise and you fvcking KNOW it, even though you won't admit it...get the fvck over it already and shut up with the lame jabs at Lou! And if you're so friggin' jealous of other teams who apparently do everything "right", go root for one of them. You won't be missed.

CR, you might as well get ready to read the 5 paragraph reply on why we should've traded Parise at the deadline and/or the 'Lou should have done more to sign him, he didn't do everything he could, how come Lou didn't threaten his family' response, I mean its as sure a thing as death and taxes.

Edited by MadDog2020, 05 September 2013 - 11:59 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1576 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

CR, you might as well get ready to read the 5 paragraph reply on why we should've traded Parise at the deadline and/or the 'Lou should have done more to sign him, he didn't do everything he could, how come Lou didn't threaten his family' response, I mean its as sure a thing as death and taxes.

Actually, it will be more along the lines of how no one understands what he REALLY means, but I don't even care how he responds anymore...no matter how nicely or thoroughly people try to explain things to SD, it all continuously goes over his head...I've just had enough.  I wish I could've taken DP26's tact...in fact, I probably should have, but eventually there's only so much one can take. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1577 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

lol

edit: okay i didnt want to reply anything but i'll just say this. There's nothing that i dont "get", i simply don't agree. Most of you guys are simply a bunch of hypocrite homers who would praise anything Lou does and refuse to admit when he does thing that hurt us. 

You'll use what he did "right" (which i agree he did a lot) to cover what he does wrong listing a bunch of things that he did and what we won and accomplished (and ignore it) and when a rival GM does something very right you guys will brush it off just calling off the bad moves he did. I'm just not that hypocrite sorry. We see this a lot with Shero, he didnt get the results he should have lately but he did GREAT in the last few years, a lot better than Lou but yet most of you will just bash him cause he's the Pens GM. I dont like him either and the Pens but gotta give credits where its due

And then you'll base whats the "right" thing to do in your mind based on the way Lou does things. It's not and our lack of depth and talent on the team right now at the moment and us losing quite possibly a top pick this year is a result of all that.

Edited by SterioDesign, 05 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1578 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

For one, as much as you seem to be incapable of realizing it, there's a new CBA in place...one that gives teams a nice edge in re-signing their own players...if these rules had been in place when Parise had been a UFA, very good chance he would've still been here.  And way to keep ignoring that Lou re-signed Zajac before his contract was up, and locked up Henrique to six years when he clearly didn't have to. 

This crap with you all goes back to Parise and you fvcking KNOW it, even though you won't admit it...get the fvck over it already and shut up with the lame jabs at Lou!  And if you're so friggin' jealous of other teams who apparently do everything "right", go root for one of them.  You won't be missed.     

You should save this brilliantly true post, and just copy-paste it every time SD brings this up again.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1579 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Parise is way, way overpaid. Let's be honest, that contract is not going to look good in a few years. It sucks he's gone, but I thought we were all happy that we wouldn't have to deal with a declining 33 year old Parise at a $7-8 million cap hit for 7 more years. It would have been worse while Kovalchuk was still in the picture.

#1580 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,799 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

lol

edit: okay i didnt want to reply anything but i'll just say this. There's nothing that i dont "get", i simply don't agree. Most of you guys are simply a bunch of hypocrite homers who would praise anything Lou does and refuse to admit when he does thing that hurt us. 

You'll use what he did "right" (which i agree he did a lot) to cover what he does wrong listing a bunch of things that he did and what we won and accomplished (and ignore it) and when a rival GM does something very right you guys will brush it off just calling off the bad moves he did. I'm just not that hypocrite sorry. We see this a lot with Shero, he didnt get the results he should have lately but he did GREAT in the last few years, a lot better than Lou but yet most of you will just bash him cause he's the Pens GM. I dont like him either and the Pens but gotta give credits where its due

And then you'll base whats the "right" thing to do in your mind based on the way Lou does things. It's not and our lack of depth and talent on the team right now at the moment and us losing quite possibly a top pick this year is a result of all that.

The Devils have way more depth than the Penguins.  But go be a Penguins fan or a Blackhawks fan or any of the 10 other franchises who are in a definitely better spot than NJ.  Better yet, get ahead of the curve, be a Calgary fan, that way in 5 years you might be rooting for a winner that's really going places.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users