1631 replies to this topic

#1621 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Because that is probably what he wanted.  Why does Volchenkov deserve a NTC?

It's really this simple ^^^^ Rag on the Zubrus (or similar) type signings all you want but we didn't have to rearrange our finances and dump players to make his contract work for us lol. It's really that simple, and that's really why people are scratching their heads at this Flyers signing..

More than just one team wanted Volchenkov when he was UFA... Offers had to be competitive and realistic.

4 or 5 teams made offers. The Devils blew everyone out of the water. NTC was just because.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1622 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

4 or 5 teams made offers. The Devils blew everyone out of the water. NTC was just because.

From what I recall, it was heavily rumored that he was going straight to DC when free agency hit, which may be why the Devils went with such a strong offer.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 10 September 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1623 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

From what I recall, it was heavily rumored that he was going straight to DC when free agency hit, which may be why the Devils went with such a strong offer.

I really just remember hearing from every website and analyst that he was heading to NJ and they were the frontrunners from the beginning.  Interesting to hear about DC.

#1624 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Reported that buffalo is willing to eat some of vanek's contract in a trade.

#1625 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

See what I mean?  We signed Volchenkov in the Summer of 2013!?!  Well no WONDER there is this huge active bitchfest - my bad I guess  :argh:  Seriously?  Well -- it's not like he has a no trade clause making all the bitching just empty noise anyhow...  oh wait...

Anyhow...  I'm not such a  huge fan of Vanek -- exactly how much of the contract will they eat?

I'm here for the party

#1626 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

Vanek in NJ is just not gonna happen. Not only do we lack the pieces to trade for him, I simply don't think the Devils are willing to overpay for a superstar right now. I think the next couple years are going to be classic Devils - no 90 point player, but several guys who can contribute offensively.

However, the idea of a trade to Carolina for a young forward or a pick is pretty intriguing...

#1627 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Cleary hasn't reported to Flyers camp, rumor is that he's negotiating with Detroit.  I bet it's just he's late because there's no direct flights from St. John's to Philadelphia.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1628 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Cleary hasn't reported to Flyers camp, rumor is that he's negotiating with Detroit.  I bet it's just he's late because there's no direct flights from St. John's to Philadelphia.

WTF

Detroit Red Wings @DetroitRedWings 5m

Breaking News: Wings agree to terms on 1-year contract with Daniel Cleary, who will fly to Traverse City tonight to join the club for camp.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1629 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Bryz heading to Florida as a tryout.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1630 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

The Philly deal fell through he wasn't signed by them it was a PTO. Surprised Detroit switched from giving him a PTO to a actual deal

#1631 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

http://prohockeytalk...5-million-deal/
AP gets his contract for St. Louis. Good deal for one of the better defensemen in the league.
And Raymond and Toronto have a 925,000 deal. One year supposedly

#1632 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

That's not helping the Franson situation very much if Raymond is a Leaf now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users