1631 replies to this topic

#161 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

what the fvck is honestly going on around here? i mean seriously? Is that article accurate and for real?

Anonymous sources probably means the author's ass.

#162 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

what the fvck is honestly going on around here? i mean seriously? Is that article accurate and for real?

Its the Fourth Period. I reckon they're worse than even Єklund (2.3% accurate) at this point. People are going mental about that article on Twitter tho so I posted it to get others to comment on its stupidity. Frankly, I like HockeyBuzz for some of the bloggers, not the rumors that Ek pulls out of his ass. TFP doesnt have many redeeming qualities.

#163 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

The only redeeming quality of TFP are the broads under "Ice Girls". Helloooooo.  B )

#164 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Its the Fourth Period. I reckon they're worse than even Єklund (2.3% accurate) at this point. People are going mental about that article on Twitter tho so I posted it to get others to comment on its stupidity. Frankly, I like HockeyBuzz for some of the bloggers, not the rumors that Ek pulls out of his ass. TFP doesnt have many redeeming qualities.

I refuse to click on the article again to deconstruct exactly how it hits all the high points of linkbait garbage, but it uses 'many anonymous sources', pats itself on the back for reporting an 'exclusive' which quite possibly never happened, and doesn't even commit to its premise - I don't think it ever says Clarkson and Elias are definitely leaving, it just says they might, which of course they might, they don't have contracts for next year.  Good lord, that is hockeyinsiderr level trash.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#165 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

its annoying.. made me aggravated.. the entire situation with this team and the free agency situation just down right annoys me. Are the devils in a financial situation? or is it not known?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#166 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

its annoying.. made me aggravated.. the entire situation with this team and the free agency situation just down right annoys me. Are the devils in a financial situation? or is it not known?

Last verified source I read of was before the lockout ended or just after and said that Vanderbeek righted the ship. The only question remains is if we have an internal salary cap (which did not prevent us from offering Parise upwards of 8M per) or if we're back to spending to the cap.

Here's the article I'm speaking of.

The Fourth Period article rehashes a lot of the BS that the NY Post was shoveling around this time last year and tries to use it as a reasoning for us not re-signing UFAs, when there's so many other reasons why we may not retain a guy.

#167 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Re: clarkson and his house - it's a nice but unassuming townhouse in a community of attached houses. Stay or go, he was getting a new house. Zajac did the same exact thing.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#168 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

This is just funny. Per McKenzie:

FLA trades T.J. Brennan to NSH for Bobby Butler.

#169 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie: With Alain Vigneault withdrawing himself from DAL job, expectation is he has an offer to coach NYR tho no one has officially confirmed that.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#170 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,933 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie: With Alain Vigneault withdrawing himself from DAL job, expectation is he has an offer to coach NYR tho no one has officially confirmed that.

That be a shame if they hired him and not Messier.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#171 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Tim Sestito was at the Utica Comets presser, so I'm hoping that means he'll go to the Vancouver organization to play with his brother in his hometown.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#172 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Tim Sestito was at the Utica Comets presser, so I'm hoping that means he'll go to the Vancouver organization to play with his brother in his hometown.

Haha we can only hope. Maybe we can see guys like Sislo and Wohlberg instead

#173 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yea, its blowing up on Twitter now that he's got the job, nothing official, but I imagine where there's smoke there's fire.

#174 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Yea, its blowing up on Twitter now that he's got the job, nothing official, but I imagine where there's smoke there's fire.

Looks done now. Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers
Alain Vigneault is being signed right now to become the next head coach of the Rangers, per source #NYR

#175 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Lmfao, found this on a Vancouver board. Hopefully Vigneault rolls like Torts, although I doubt his system is as offensively restrictive. JMbJBge.jpg

#176 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Lmfao, found this on a Vancouver board. Hopefully Vigneault rolls like Torts, although I doubt his system is as offensively restrictive. JMbJBge.jpg

I'm kinda sad I was hoping for the Gretzky-esque crash and burn from Messier as the coach 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#177 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

I heard Messier was about to sign but his tears kept making the ink on the contract run.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#178 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Flyers move Bobrovsky because of Bryzgalov. Mr. Universe puts up atrocious numbers while Bob gets the Veznia with Columbus...love it.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#179 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

these Messier tears jokes are UNBEARABLE 

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#180 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

What's the floor spending limit for this upcoming year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users