69 replies to this topic

#41 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

I don't like the word Russia even being mentioned by Lou there - still wish it could be a longer deal, but glad to see the confirmation.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#42 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

I think we all know Lokti was only traded due to the Russian factor so the question to Lou may have been phrased from that direction.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#43 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I think we all know Lokti was only traded due to the Russian factor so the question to Lou may have been phrased from that direction.

Not so much that, as there was no place for him on the Kings' roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#44 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Not so much that, as there was no place for him on the Kings' roster. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If that was all it was and they knew how good he could be, they would have asked for more. 5th rd pick is almost nothing.

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Not so much that, as there was no place for him on the Kings' roster. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
If that was all it was and they knew how good he could be, they would have asked for more. 5th rd pick is almost nothing.

Let's not go too crazy about how good he might be quite yet. He was a fifth round draft pick that could not crack the Kings' lineup. In these situations you have no leverage when it comes to trade demands. We're not talking about Tarasanko.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#46 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Let's not go too crazy about how good he might be quite yet. He was a fifth round draft pick that could not crack the Kings' lineup. In these situations you have no leverage when it comes to trade demands. We're not talking about Tarasanko. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I realize that and I'm not saying he's gonna be a star, but if he can put up secondary scoring and be a 20-20-40 player, that's fantastic for a 5th rd pick and I feel like if LA felt that's what he could and I feel like Lou thinks he can do that, they'd have held onto him. I mean, he wasn't lighting it up in the AHL, but he had decent stats, enough for one to feel like he had a decent shot at becoming an NHL regular, which is almost always worth more than a 5th rd pick.

Maybe I'm missing something though. Were the Kings near the 50 contract cap and needed to get rid of him?

#47 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

If the Kings didn't think he would go back to Russia then they would have just kept him.  If they chose to trade him anyway, without the Russian factor, I think he would have garnered higher than a 5th round pick.  Loktionov's value to the Kings, and around the league, was harmed by the fact he would play in Russia this season if he didn't think he was going to be on a NHL roster.

Maybe I'm missing something though. Were the Kings near the 50 contract cap and needed to get rid of him?

http://blogs.northje..._to_albany/P25/

The Kings were fearful of him heading back to Russia when his contract expires after this season.

“You’ve got the issue is that after his contract is up he could go back to Russia,” Kings GM Dean Lombardi told Dillman.“You just try to make the best deal you can.”

Edited by Devils731, 06 June 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#48 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

He's not gonna beat out Stoll, Kopitar or Richards and he wasn't a good winger. The Kings were tied and good on Lou for getting it done

#49 D88

D88

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

good to hear he is resigned, but i'm not happy til i hear the amount of money he will get for the 1-year contract. hope lou don't overpays (1-1.2 Mio.) just to keep him in nj.

I realize that and I'm not saying he's gonna be a star, but if he can put up secondary scoring and be a 20-20-40 player, that's fantastic for a 5th rd pick and I feel like if LA felt that's what he could and I feel like Lou thinks he can do that, they'd have held onto him.

he must crack the top-6 and so he should (must) put up 30-40 points.

he is really useless as third or fourth-liner cause of his defensive play. saw him playing in the wc on a line with kovy and radulov for the first four games. kovy and radulov put up the points and lokti didn't look like he was in the right place on the top line. later he was demoted to the 3rd line and also scratched for one game.

so let's hope he finds his play again like in the first 10+ games with the devils last season.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice is also great, and would suffice.
Robert Frost

#50 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

http://www.nj.com/de...ktionov_ag.html

#51 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

woohoo... as long as his game doesnt wander off.. glad he only got a 1 year deal to start
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#52 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Didn't he request to be traded because he wasn't happy that they didn't bother to petition to get his name on the Stanley Cup, but they did so for Kevin Westgarth and Davis Drewiske?  Loktionov played in 39 regular season games and 2 playoff games, Westgarth played in 25, and Drewiske played in 9.  Also it seems apparent that Lombardi isn't a big fan of the European players, he only has two on his entire roster--Kopitar and Voynov.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#53 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

So wait, is he actually signed now? That article didnt say anything that we previously didnt know. Also it's not on cap geek yet and they are pretty fast when putting up the numbers. I will wait until there is a real announcement with numbers

#54 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Didn't he request to be traded because he wasn't happy that they didn't bother to petition to get his name on the Stanley Cup, but they did so for Kevin Westgarth and Davis Drewiske?  Loktionov played in 39 regular season games and 2 playoff games, Westgarth played in 25, and Drewiske played in 9.  Also it seems apparent that Lombardi isn't a big fan of the European players, he only has two on his entire roster--Kopitar and Voynov.

Wow I didn't even know that. That's pretty scummy on Lombardi's part.

I think it's funny that when Lou is asked about other FA's he says nothing is done until its done, but then this whole article is about a resigning that isn't officially done either.

Devils.

#55 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

So wait, is he actually signed now? That article didnt say anything that we previously didnt know. Also it's not on cap geek yet and they are pretty fast when putting up the numbers. I will wait until there is a real announcement with numbers

Sure it did - it was confirmation from Lou's mouth.  And the Devils never reveal numbers and it often takes capgeek days to get the real numbers - Jon Merrill's contract took them a month, for instance. 

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#56 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Sure it did - it was confirmation from Lou's mouth. And the Devils never reveal numbers and it often takes capgeek days to get the real numbers - Jon Merrill's contract took them a month, for instance.

Alot of these quote I heard last night and the report was that Loki wasn't signed yet but it was "imminent." To me this sounds like Chere jumped the gun a bit. If he was officially signed TG would have said something.
The third paragraph shows that a deal isn't done yet. Lou says they will be getting one done, meaning its not done yet.

Edited by njd3b1ink, 07 June 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#57 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Alot of these quote I heard last night and the report was that Loki wasn't signed yet but it was "imminent." To me this sounds like Chere jumped the gun a bit. If he was officially signed TG would have said something.
The third paragraph shows that a deal isn't done yet. Lou says they will be getting one done, meaning its not done yet.

That's basically what the Russian website said too though. Deal imminent, 99% it'll happen, no 100%, no confirmation I've seen. I'd put money on this one though if Lou said something other than "status quo", if he doesn't say that, something must be happening, right?

#58 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Wow I didn't even know that. That's pretty scummy on Lombardi's part.

Yeah this Kings blog goes into more detail:
http://www.mcsorleys...unconscionable/

And this one sheds some light on the trade:
http://www.mcsorleys...ov-lets-review/

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#59 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yeah this Kings blog goes into more detail:
http://www.mcsorleys...unconscionable/

And this one sheds some light on the trade:
http://www.mcsorleys...ov-lets-review/

Thanks hunny

Devils.

#60 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

He has some skill. Look forward to seeing what he can do in a full season here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users